Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-23-2015, 06:57 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2015 Draft

We didnt have a thread yet so I thought I'd start one up.

My wish list at 11:
(assuming Leonard Williams is gone)

Brandon Scherff OT
Randy Gregory LB
Trae Waynes DB

I really dont think Amari Cooper or Kevin White will be there. But I personally like Cooper just a hair over White.

My WR rankings:

1a. Amari Cooper
1b. Kevin White
2. DeVante Parker

I wouldnt hate it if we took one of these guys at 11.

Im going assume that Peterson is not going to be playing with the Vikings again. So with our 2nd pick Id love to grab. Tevin Coleman from IU. Im going to assume that Gurley and Gordon are gone at this point.

Coleman is kind of a homer pick for me, because I live in Indiana and have seen a lot of this kid and I just love to see him in purple.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:58 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Shaq Thompson, I think he'd be a great fit at the other outside LB spot. But 11 is too early. If they could trade down to the 18-22 spot and get him, I'd be happy. If not, any of the trio of WRs would be ok by me.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
General Zod We didnt have a thread yet so I thought I'd start one up.

My wish list at 11:
(assuming Leonard Williams is gone)

Brandon Scherff OT
Randy Gregory LB
Trae Waynes DB

I really dont think Amari Cooper or Kevin White will be there. But I personally like Cooper just a hair over White.

My WR rankings:

1a. Amari Cooper
1b. Kevin White
2. DeVante Parker

I wouldnt hate it if we took one of these guys at 11.

Im going assume that Peterson is not going to be playing with the Vikings again. So with our 2nd pick Id love to grab. Tevin Coleman from IU. Im going to assume that Gurley and Gordon are gone at this point.

Coleman is kind of a homer pick for me, because I live in Indiana and have seen a lot of this kid and I just love to see him in purple.
Not sure I am sold on getting White or Parker with the 1st pick, especially since we have Wallace now and not sure one gives up on Patterson quite yet.

I like La'el Collins he can play OG and be a beast or maybe be a OT, like his ability and run blocking and think he would be a nice pick. Scherff would be great same with Trae Waynes but I think both will be gone. I really think the OL has to be address at some point early in the draft. Cann would be a good OG pickup in the 2nd if they can get him and Clemmings would be awesome but not sure he would drop that far. I am a fan of Mason at OG as well in that 2nd or 3rd round.

I hope they do something with Peterson before or during the draft. I really do not want him to be here especially if he does not want to be here. Hope they can work out a deal with Dallas or Arizona...

As for 2nd round they can easily get a RB there. Coleman is a good option and I like Mike Davis as well for his speed and toughness combo. I think Yeldon is a very underrated player as well and could slip to the third and get him. There is just tons of options for a RB so I do not see any reason to get one in the first. Gurley has super injury issues potentially and Gordon is a little overrated I feel.

I hope they give Cole a chance at ILB as well during the season and really excited they got Taylor Mays. He is a fine safety and a freaky good athlete.

Could make a little gamble and take Jalen Collins at the 11th pick, only do that though if they think Munnerlyn lost a little and cannot be a starter but I do not think that is the case quite yet.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only lineman I'd really like with the 11 pick is Scherff. I'm just really down on Kalil. If he doesn't show some major improvement, he's either going to get cut loose, or pushed into the LG spot. Scherff can man the LG spot, and if Kalil doesn't improve, can get pushed out to LT.

Beyond that, Amari Cooper would be my favorite. If both are gone, either Trae Waynes (maybe Kevin White), or a trade down.

A pass rushing OLB like Gregory or Beasley would be intriguing, but with Barr being pretty much the same thing, I don't know the Vikings take another. Although he did show a LOT more polish than anyone expected last year, so maybe.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:00 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of mock drafts I see have us taking Trae Waynes with our first pick. Im not sure how I feel about it. I guess I wouldnt hate it.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:57 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do like the thought of a Rhodes/Waynes/Captain/Robinson/Newman CB corps.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:34 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
A lot of mock drafts I see have us taking Trae Waynes with our first pick. Im not sure how I feel about it. I guess I wouldnt hate it.
I would like it more than Scherff. Maybe I'm a little old school but I don't see the value of a guard at 11. If we were picking 21-32 then I'd be fine, but not at 11.

I liked what Scott had for us in his latest mock draft.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Sven
Rookie

Sven hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you think the chances are of the Vikings trading down in the 1st?

Spielman has talked a lot about wanting 10 picks in the draft and it would seem that moving down in the 1st would be an easy way to get towards that aim.

If the Vikings did move down, would it increase the chance of the Vikings taking Gregory, or who do you think the target would be? Landon Collins maybe?
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Spielman would like to. The question is if any team wants to trade into the spot badly enough.

If we do trade down, my guess would be a lineman, Kendricks, or maybe Gurley/Gordon.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:15 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

My guess is Spielman finds a way to trade down into later 10s-early 20s, then probably trades back later into the first round. Because he's Rick Spielman and that's what he does.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:43 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Mel Kiper and Todd McShay did a three round mock draft where they alternated the picks.

For the Vikings they had this:
1. Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St. - McShay
2. Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami - McShay
3. Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn - Kiper

All three would fill needs and all three could start day one, especially Waynes and Perryman.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:44 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
So, Mel Kiper and Todd McShay did a three round mock draft where they alternated the picks.

For the Vikings they had this:
1. Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St. - McShay
2. Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami - McShay
3. Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn - Kiper

All three would fill needs and all three could start day one, especially Waynes and Perryman.
Yeah I wouldnt hate those picks at all.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:43 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

And I have officially warmed up to taking Trae Waynes at 11. I want to see the guy in purple. :-)
Old 04-30-2015, 05:29 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Scotts latest mock has us grabbing Shaq Thompson in the 2nd. I would love this but I bet he isnt there.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone's thoughts on Waynes? Personally I love it.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Like I said earlier, I like it. Zimmer will get the most out of him.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Best pick available. Very happy.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:15 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

I'll just leave this right here...

Old 04-30-2015, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

So, day 2.

Randy Gregory: High upside pick, but obvious character concerns.
Landon Collins: A secondary of Rhodes, Waynes, Smith, and Collins would be pretty damn good.
Jaelen Strong: A nice WR to help Teddy
Jake Fisher: T/G prospect who could give some insurance for Kalil
AJ Cann: Better guard, hopefully that would help Kalil
Kendricks/Dawson: 2 MLBs to fill the hole in the middle
Old 04-30-2015, 11:19 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
So, day 2.

Randy Gregory: High upside pick, but obvious character concerns.
Landon Collins: A secondary of Rhodes, Waynes, Smith, and Collins would be pretty damn good.
Jaelen Strong: A nice WR to help Teddy
Jake Fisher: T/G prospect who could give some insurance for Kalil
AJ Cann: Better guard, hopefully that would help Kalil
Kendricks/Dawson: 2 MLBs to fill the hole in the middle
I think we got to go LB or OG in day two. Preferably in that order too.

I would ultimately assume that Gregory and Collins will both be gone by the time we select. Personally, I don't see the need for a WR in the second because he would sitting behind Charles Johnson, Mike Wallace and Cordarrelle.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So happy with the Waynes pick. Anything to get Josh Robinson off the playing field.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:36 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Rhodes/Captain/Waynes/Newman/Robinson is a good CB group I think. Hoping for a WR and ILB in Round 2 and 3.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players I'd like the Vikings to target today

Beckham-Green
Landon Collins
Strong
Perryman
Kendricks
Clemmings
Ajayi
Maxx Williams
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:41 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Old 05-01-2015, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Very happy with the Kendricks pick. I like Audi Cole, but Kendricks will greatly improve the team.