Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 11-18-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, give me Locker or Mallett. No Newton.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would definitely take Newton.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I would like to see Tavaris Jackson get some more snaps this year to see if the need is there for a QB. But if Chilly gets fired, I would imagine whichever coach comes in will want to move on with another QB. I would take Locker or Mallett. Especially with Rice and Harvin as deep threats.
As much as I would like to see Tavaris Get more snaps this year, I just dont see it happening. Childress is pretty much fighting for his job right now and He wont use Tarvaris to see what the future might hold for T-jack and not himself.

As for the other question... Give me Mallet or Locker. No to Newton though. He is a fun QB to watch right now but Im just not a big fan of his game transferring to the NFL. Like Mallet and Locker. Also No to 1st rounder to Kolb. Maybe a 2 and a 4 but Not a 1st. But I dont see us trading for Kolb.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
As much as I would like to see Tavaris Get more snaps this year, I just dont see it happening. Childress is pretty much fighting for his job right now and He wont use Tarvaris to see what the future might hold for T-jack and not himself.
Well I hope we take care of all that for you, as we did to Dallas getting Wade Phillips ass finally kicked to the curb.

We rout you guys.
Chilly is thrown out the door.
You give an honest look at T-Jack with the current team, to evaluate him and see if you can live with him or need to bring in a "Franchise QB".
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think trading anything more than a third for Kolb would be a mistake. And since you don't have a third anymore, I wouldn't even look there.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Ryan Mallett no where near this team.

Thank you, that is all.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Kolb either. I'd be quite content with Locker, Luck or Mallett. I don't know much about Nick Foles yet.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think they would like Cam Newton.

They would obviously want Luck, but he ain't gonna be there.

So that leaves Mallett versus Locker.. I think they would struggle with that decision, personally. Assuming Locker comes back from injury and plays better than he did before. They'd probably go with Locker, the skill set is just too tempting to pass up.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Locker Locker Locker Locker. Keep me away from Mallet please.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I don't know where this team will head on offense, but it would make sense to try to pick up somebody who knows how to run the West Coast. We have a lot of good players for that system. That would be one positive for Mallett. Being that tall and being able to angle your ball downwards on slants/square-ins makes it easier. I would definitely prefer Locker though, I agree with you. Just something to think about with Mallett.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mallett is eerily similar to Derek Anderson. I would love it if we brought in Gruden, drafted Locker, and took the best safety available in the second. Our secondary is pathetic at creating turnovers, the person that leads the team in interceptions is ******* EJ Henderson.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I want Ryan Mallett no where near this team.

Thank you, that is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher
Mallett is eerily similar to Derek Anderson. I would love it if we brought in Gruden, drafted Locker, and took the best safety available in the second. Our secondary is pathetic at creating turnovers, the person that leads the team in interceptions is ******* EJ Henderson.
I agree keep Ryan Mallet away from this team.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Mallet or Locker quite frankly. Give me Newton.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Newton is, would anybody know who the hell he was if he wasn't rushing for 200 yards a game? He's an intriguing prospect for sure, but nothing he does on the field shows me that he can make the transition to the NFL. I may be completely wrong but all I ever see him do is run the zone read and make one read throws to wide open guys. He hasn't shown (in his defense he hasn't really needed to show) that he can read a defense and go through his reads.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well boys, lets enjoy the name of this thread for another month and a half or so.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Loadholt is a bust. I'm just going to say it.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Locker and Luck both have potential to be a bust...kind of like Joey Harrington.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I think Locker and Luck both have potential to be a bust...kind of like Joey Harrington.
All Pac-10 quarterbacks by the way, just like Ryan Leaf. And Matt Leinart. And Kyle Boller, Akili Smith, and JD Booty....Vewwy interesting....
Old 11-21-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
All Pac-10 quarterbacks by the way, just like Ryan Leaf. And Matt Leinart. And Kyle Boller, Akili Smith, and JD Booty....Vewwy interesting....
JDB can't be a bust considering everyone knew he sucked coming in.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
JDB can't be a bust considering everyone knew he sucked coming in.
Hey now, he kept the charismatic Mark Sanchez on the bench there at USC except for Sanchez' last year there!
Old 11-21-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Ahem... Aaron Rodgers
Old 11-22-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

congrats guys!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rad-childress/
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw that. SOOOOOOO Fricken happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This and a couple other reasons have made this my best day in a long, long time. I just about screamed "YESSSSSSS!!!!!!" out loud in my computer apps class when I saw it.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Next is step to to get a GM in here. No more of this triangle of authority ********.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Ok, name of the thread is switched. We bragged enough with the thread name, now it's time to take our beating.

Also, don't think we'll get a GM unless they pick up Dungy and keep Frazier or something. I think Wilf will use that card when he is searching for a new coach, somebody like Jon Gruden would probably want it.