Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-23-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
as an aside.... where the hell has Vikes_28 been?

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Truth. The Gophers are the most pathetic Minnesota sports team we have right now. Even worse than the Wolves relative to the college game. Impossible to watch. Tubby needs to gtfo.
Do you really want Dan Monson back?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:52 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Do you really want Dan Monson back?

No I want Clem Haskins back.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Frazier says Vikes have extended Rice a contract

Encouraging news. I just hope that he signs, and then I hope we have an NFL season to watch him play in. lol

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbsspor...75988/27658603
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Encouraging news. I just hope that he signs, and then I hope we have an NFL season to watch him play in. lol

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbsspor...75988/27658603
i'm just waiting for him to sign the deal and decide to have surgery right before the season again so he misses more games. very unhappy with rice. i'm sure i'm alone on this, but i think the best outcome would have been to give him the highest restricted free agent tag, and have some team stupid enough to sign him to an offer sheet and give their first and third for him.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't be heartbroken if Rice leaves. It's so easy to find sleeper WRs in the draft, i.e. Mike Williams, Mike Wallace, Eddie Royal
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I won't be heartbroken if Rice leaves. It's so easy to find sleeper WRs in the draft, i.e. Mike Williams, Mike Wallace, Eddie Royal
If it's so easy, then why haven't the Vikings found one in the past 20 years?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will be. Mainly because I have an authentic Sidney jersey.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I will be. Mainly because I have an authentic Sidney jersey.
Same here. Got it last Christmas. I'll be pissed if he leaves.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Same here. Got it last Christmas. I'll be pissed if he leaves.
Yup, that would be terrible. I don't have money for a new one either haha. And I always have had a thing for tall, long, athletic receivers. I wouldn't even want anyone elses jersey.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...116990953.html

Its a good sign at the very least that that we are willing to offer up a deal even with the unease that the current labor situation has the league in.

Man, i hope that Rice stays. I love his potential & I too, have a Rice jersey that i don't want to throw on the pile of Moss, Culpepper, & Berger jerseys.

Last edited by The_Dude : 02-27-2011 at 07:13 PM.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

piss on sidney rice

Sidney Rice will not re-sign with Vikings before free agency

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 27, 2011, 9:55 PM EST

Sidney Rice has chosen to find out what’s behind door number two, after the labor mess is taken care.

Rice’s agent Drew Rosenhaus told Adam Schefter of ESPN that Rice will not re-sign with the Vikings before March 4. Minnesota made a multi-year offer to deal to Rice, but clearly it wasn’t close to being accepted.

Perhaps the Vikings just made an offer to appear like they are doing everything possible to keep Rice. It’s more likely that the team and Rosenhaus view Rice’s value very differently.

It’s possible that the Vikings could still try to place a restricted free agent tender on Rice, who is a four-year veteran. Under the rules of the uncapped year, fourth-year players were RFAs.

It’s expected that Rice will be an unrestricted free agent after a new CBA is reached, but the truth is we’re all just guessing at this point.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:59 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

son of a *****.... you beat me to it.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly not that surprised. He's going to try to cash in on his 2009 season. And he's got Rosenhaus in his ear to try to make that happen. Hope they can bring him back, but I'm glad they tagged Greenway instead of him.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, so put WR on the list of needs this offseason.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Honestly, i could be happy if the Vikes end up taking Julio Jones at 12.... i am undecided i who i want though....
Old 03-01-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way we can go wide receiver again in round 1 considering how many other needs we have.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm betting the CBA just gets extended by a year or so, so I'm guessing we will keep Rice for at least another year.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

Chad Greenway signs his franchise tender

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 1, 2011, 4:31 PM EST

Another NFL player has locked in his franchise tag salary, just in case the rules following a work stoppage aren’t so player-friendly.

Chad Greenway signed his one-year tender on Tuesday and will make more than $10 million in 2011. There was a chance that Greenway could have been a restricted free agent after a new CBA is reached, so signing the deal ensures his big salary.

The Vikings chose Greenway over Sidney Rice for the tag, who is likely to hit unrestricted free agency eventually.

Greenway joins Dolphins nose tackle Paul Soliai, Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley and Panthers center Ryan Kalil as players that signed their tenders. Raiders linebacker Kamerion Wimbley is expected to sign his tender.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I feel a hell of a lot better about giving Greenway a long term deal then I do about Sidney Rice one.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I feel a hell of a lot better about giving Greenway a long term deal then I do about Sidney Rice one.
Yea. That's why I thought we would tag rice and sign Greenway to a long term deal, but I guess that they're quite afraid of the CBA and all of that as far as negotiations go.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its no big deal if Rice walks, Harvin and Moss should pick up the slack just fine. Wait. ****. Eat **** Childress. Apparently Schefter said we might be cutting Berrian soon. We could be pretty thin at receiver next year.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:47 AM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

Vikings issue RFA tenders to Sidney Rice, Ray Edwards, three others

Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2011, 10:49 PM EST

Receiver Sidney Rice plans to test the free-agent waters before deciding whether to remain a Viking. If the Vikings have their way, he’ll do it as a restricted free agent.

Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the team has applied restricted free agency tenders to Rice, defensive end Ray Edwards, defensive end Brian Robison, safety Husain Abdullah, and offensive lineman Ryan Cook.

Rice and Edwards received first-round tenders; the rest were tendered at the second-round level.

Teams are applying the tenders because the rules of the uncapped year make players eligible for unrestricted free agency only after racking up six years of service. If the new labor deal (when there’s a new labor deal) reduces the threshold to the capped-year minimum of four, the RFA tenders presumably will evaporate.

So why are teams treating players who are destined to be unrestricted as if they’re restricted? It’s all part of the leverage game; if/when the union begins to make concessions on issues like the revenue formula or the length of the season or the rookie wage scale, the league can agree to move the trigger for unrestricted free agency from six to four years, and the players will be able to claim that they scored a victory at the bargaining table.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely a smart move to do that. I think there's a much better chance that the league just extends the current CBA for a year than to get a new one done any time soon. Better to do this than possibly lose them for no reason.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, good move on doing it with him and Edwards. I'd much rather have Rice back over Edwards, but if either left and the rules stayed the same a first round pick would help the healing.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote