Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, Allen is ******* terrible, he can go join Marcus McCauley and hopefully Tyrell Johnson in the unemployment line.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely. Keeping all 6 of Winfield, Griffin, Cook, Sherels, Burton, and Allen is a possibility too though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:59 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Absolutely. Keeping all 6 of Winfield, Griffin, Cook, Sherels, Burton, and Allen is a possibility too though.
I think its likely really. With Cook and Griffins injury history, throw in Winfield getting up there in years. I could see them keeping an extra DB

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arceneaux, Iglesias, Stephen Burton, Asiata, Ross Homan and D'imperio all cut. So it will most likely be Camarillo and Aromashadu as the fourth and fifth receivers.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Also Kluwe just tweeted that Farwell got cut. Big surprise there. I guess they think they can find cheaper special team help. I don't get it.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think with kickoffs basically being eliminated it doesn't make much sense to pay a guy $1.25m to cover punts.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More cuts: Caleb King, Ryan Cook, Chris DeGeare, Thomas Welch, David Herron, Cord Parks

I cant believe DeGeare got cut. I thought there was a chance he might start this season.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Also surprised DeGeare is gone but he wasn't very good last year, must not have shown much in TC. Ryan Cook is pretty surprising to me even though he sucks balls. But our offensive line depth is terrible anyway we might as well go with younger guys with room to improve.

Tyrell Johnson making it makes me sad.

Last edited by yo123 : 09-03-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:23 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

It would be nice if we went after Brandon Tate or Brandon Meriweather.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meriweather, especially.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Meriweather, especially.
Too Late. Bears already signed him. We should look into Tate though. He has shown some flashes of being good. But whats our cap space now after all the cuts though?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would have rather seen them keep caleb king instead of booker, also the vikes have claimed xavier adibi (lb) from houston
Old 09-04-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings get Xavier Adibi. Super Bowl-bound baby
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
i would have rather seen them keep caleb king instead of booker, also the vikes have claimed xavier adibi (lb) from houston
Why? King had a mediocre college career and no one even wanted to spend a seventh on him in the supplemental draft. Booker was very good in the preseason and can be a good third down type back. Also could be a useful special teams player.

Last edited by yo123 : 09-04-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings practice squad: OL Chris DeGeare, FB Ryan D'Imperio, FB Matt Asiata, WR Emmanuel Arcenaux, WR Stephen Burton, RB Caleb King, DT Cedric McKinley. That's 7 guys, one less than the 8 that you can keep on the practice squad. My guess is that they're trying to get Allen Reisner on there after they waived him following the signing of Adibi, but he has yet to clear waivers.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some very good news: Vikings sign Chad Greenway to contract extension

Quote:
Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway has reached an agreement on a contract extension with the team, coach Leslie Frazier announced after Monday's practice.

Greenway had been given the franchise tag by the Vikings and was set to play under the terms of that one-year deal.

It was key the Vikings got the franchise tag off of Greenway before Sept. 20 because after that date a long-term agreement could not have been worked out until the season was completed.
Edit: per Tom Pelissero's twitter, the deal is a 5 year extension, including this year, and that Adrian's contract is now being discussed. It was the plan to wait and do Adrian's after they got Greenway's done.

Peliserro also said that: "Jamarca Sanford will start at strong safety but Tyrell Johnson may rotate in." and "Sounds like Christian Ponder is the No. 2 QB for now."

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 09-05-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the updates marshallb...

Looks like they signed Resiner to the practice squad, that is great to keep him. Too bad they did not sign Parks to the squad though. I would take Parks over Cedric McKinley.

And good news for Gopher fans, Adam Weber got signed to Denver's practice squad, good for him, I always though he had really good leadership potential and decent ability and nice to see his hard work pay off and make a practice squad. Traye Simmons also made the Chargers practice squad.

Crazy Nate Bussey made the Saints practice squad, that guy came out of no where for Illinois last year. Small linebacker, made plays and now is on a NFL practice squad, crazy.

Aaron Maybin was waived again...

Cardinals let go Kris O'Dowd, Matt Ware and Fred Bennett. O'Dowd must have injury issues, because he was pretty solid in college, and Matt Ware could be a ok backup at safety, not a star but a fine athlete. And Bennett is ok but clearly has lost a step or two.

Also Ryan Harris is out there, Eagles let him go because he was injured I guess..

Eagles let go Johnnie Lee Higgins, Marlin Jackson and Derek Landri. All players Vikings could take a look at, especially Higgins or Jackson.

Also Colts let go Ollie Ogbu, not a star but is a rookie who has potential but doubt they sign him.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings give Adrian Peterson $36 million guarantee on new deal

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 10, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT

Getty Images
The Minnesota Vikings have reached agreement on a new contract with Adrian Peterson that could keep the running back in Minnesota for the rest of his career.

Peterson is signing a seven-year, $100 million deal with $36 million guaranteed, a league source tells PFT.

The contract means there’s a good chance that the 26-year-old Peterson will retire a Viking.

Peterson’s deal is the biggest to date for a running back, topping both the five-year, $43 million deal with $21 million guaranteed for DeAngelo Williams and the four-year, $53.5 million contract with $30 million guaranteed for Chris Johnson.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

More details on Adrian Peterson’s deal

Posted by Mike Florio on September 10, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT

Getty Images
With Adrian Peterson due to make $10.7 million in 2011 and, if subject to the franchise tag, $12.84 million in 2012, Peterson truly was in the driver’s seat. And he has now traded in the car for a deal that will pay him a whopping $40 million in the first three years.

In contrast, Titans running back Chris Johnson will receive $31 million over the next three seasons. Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams will be paid $30 million in that same period of time.

The seven-year deal (technically, six-year extension) will pay $52 million over four years and $65 million over five years. Johnson will get $39 million and $47 million, respectively, over that same period of time.

The ultimate question is whether Peterson will still be playing under this deal in the fourth or fifth year of it. As a running back ages, the more money he makes can make his status more tenuous with the team. For Peterson, the Vikings likely will begin comparing cap hit to compensation to expected production as soon as the third year of the new deal.

In the unlikely event that Peterson plays for each of the next seven years under the new contract, he’ll make $96 million, and he’ll be eligible for a $4 million escalator that will push the total value to $100 million, if he achieves it. Once we get the full deal, we’ll break down the year-by-year bonuses and salaries, in the hopes of getting a feel for the true length and value of the arrangement.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

very well deserved, glad they got him re-signed.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
very well deserved, glad they got him re-signed.
Exactly. Adrian deserved a big contract, and we NEEDED to re-sign him. I'm very happy with this: last week we got Greenway locked up long term, and now we got AP locked up for what should, in all likelihood, be the rest of his career.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 09-10-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I don't think there was ever any doubt, it's just nice to get this out of the way.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:44 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Oh and just to note...

Bryant McKinnie looked like a pro bowl LT for the Ravens yesterday.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Oh and just to note...

Bryant McKinnie looked like a pro bowl LT for the Ravens yesterday.
He's done that for us for years, one week he'll look like a stud, then the next week - or 5 - he'll look like a complete bum. It sucks that Johnson sucked yesterday, but we knew we were gonna have to draft a LT extremely soon anyways, whether we kept McKinnie or not.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he will play the whole season on that level. But how ironic that would be if McKinnie decided to play up to his potential now that he is gone.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote