Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 09-15-2011, 07:17 AM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched New England-Miami last monday. It felt good to see Benny Sapp getting burned left and right for another team than the Vikings... Vikings should have cut him a long time ago.
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, I thought Sapp was a good(ok, maybe solid would be putting it better) cover guy, but he was a hothead that made some stupid, boneheaded penalties at usually the worst possible time. I thought he was better than what we currently have as our 3rd/4th corners, and if he's still that same player(IDK if he is, I was working during the game on Monday night and really haven't seen the Dolphins play much at all since we traded him there last year), I'd be happy if we brought him back, I mean, hell, how bad could his penalties hurt us? Not any more than what those 3 offsides penalties did on Sunday...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benny Sapp developed himself into a very capable nickel guy by the time he left us. His aggressiveness both hurt and helped him at times but it did more good than bad. Must not have done well in Miami though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else getting the feeling that this weekend will be a coming out party for that young Bucs defensive line? Charlie Johnson is a 300 lb. turnstile, Herrera seems out of shape and slow and Sullivan gets overpowered easily. Maybe we should use 1 or 2 of the 800 TEs we have on the roster to stay in and help these guys out.

On a side note Sidney Rice is out again for Seattle, that guy is a ******* china doll, he's just always dinged up.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
On a side note Sidney Rice is out again for Seattle, that guy is a ******* china doll, he's just always dinged up.
Why I said that i'm not too sad that he's gone. One year wonder.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Year in and year out we are the weakest team mentally in the league. When it rains it pours and we never do anything to stop it.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, what are you guys drinking tonight?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
So, what are you guys drinking tonight?

Nothing. ******* Minnesota Sunday liquor laws.....
Old 09-18-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Also **** you Tyrell Johnson. You could have basically ended the game if you would have held on to the ******* ball for the first time in your ******* life. I cannot believe you are still on this team.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gentlemen, this team is not very good. Gonna be a long year I'm afraid. We might be 10 point underdogs to Detroit at home this week.

First half was a thing of beauty, crowd even gave the team a standing ovation as they went to half time. I go and grab a beer and we give up a touchdown and an onside kick by the time I get back to my seat.

The thing that bothers me the most is the brutal clock management. Good thing we sat on three timeouts once the Bucs got into field goal range. Frazier's answer? "I didn't take the timeouts because I thought the defense could hold" That's an awful reason, Leslie. They're already on the 15 yard line with 1:25 to go. Did you think they would lose track of time and run out the clock accidentally? Why not call your timeouts to at least give your offense more than 30 seconds? You didn't even use them. Stuff like that is just totally indefensible. You're an NFL head coach, learn how to manage the clock. It's not that hard.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I were kidding, but I've honestly lost every ounce of confidence I had in Leslie Frazier being a decent coach. This article makes him sound insanely idiotic.

http://t.co/fcGdSZU7
Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I wish I were kidding, but I've honestly lost every ounce of confidence I had in Leslie Frazier being a decent coach. This article makes him sound insanely idiotic.

http://t.co/fcGdSZU7
Does anyone think he will make it through the season? I know he's only coached two games as "head coach." But damn. This is going to be a long, ****** season if the vikes don't start winning games.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I'm trying to look for the good in things so far, and this is some of what came to me:

We've played great in the first half...Adrian Peterson is a beast and needs even more touches, it's hurt his touches that we haven't ran many plays in the second half...Our secondary looked very good in the first half with Chris Cook, but he got hurt(groin) late in the first half and Asher Allen got tore to pieces by Preston Parker(seriously who the **** is that???), but we held Mike Williams to one catch for -4 yards and Benn to one catch for 25 yards(yes, it was a TD)...Jared Allen has been playing like a beast, and absolutely tore Donald Penn to pieces, he only had one sack but according to ESPN's stats had 3 QB hits and by my count had several more pressures...We haven't had Kevin Williams yet...Greenway is a stud and has been all over the place...Robison has looked solid, better last week though...Percy is explosive as hell and I like how we're trying to use him in many different ways, but need to continue that more in the second half...Jenkins has been on the same page with McNabb...Gerhart actually did something other than run into the line for 3 yards at most and get tackled...ST have been good...that's about all I can come up with and all I have time for, please add more if you can think of them.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Well you're right there are a lot of good things, because we couldn't have dominated that first half any more. It really doesn't matter when it's just a question of how badly we're going to **** up the second half though.

O/U 600 yards for Stafford next week?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamarca Sanford has actually looked pretty good, but outside of stupid Tyrell Johnson/Asher Allen, I've been kind of impressed with the way our secondary has played considering I was expecting us to get airborne massacred week in and week out. Anybody actually been paying attention to how Erin Henderson has been playing? And has there been an exception of anybody on the offensive line actually playing well or is it just ineptitude all around? It's hard to tell with this ****** video quality I'm getting on my computer.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF is this about?

Quote:
According to Tom Pelissero of 1500 ESPN, Percy Harvin played only 30-of-68 offensive snaps in Week 2.
Pelissero "calculated it twice because I didn't believe it." It's a 44.1 snap percentage, which is in fact down from Harvin's 62.8% (27-of-43) in Week 1. As Pelissero points out, Harvin was not involved in the red-zone package, which obviously hurts his touchdown potential. His lengthy absences are also killing Minnesota's offense with Michael Jenkins and Bernard Berrian incapable of getting open outside. Harvin did touch the ball nine times in Week 2, but he's a lot riskier option than meets the eye. The Vikings have some serious self evaluation to do. Harvin is their only offensive threat aside from Adrian Peterson, and a good coaching staff would be sure to use him as an every-down player.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Between that and not letting him return kickoffs all the time the new coaching staff is somehow using him even worse than Childress. Sweet.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Between that and not letting him return kickoffs all the time the new coaching staff is somehow using him even worse than Childress. Sweet.
To be honest, I've liked how they've tried to get him involved in different ways, out of the backfield, on screens, etc., they just haven't done nearly enough of it.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 09-20-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

They've given him the ball, but not having him on the field that much is inexcusable. Even if you're not going to give him the ball you need threats on the field.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing him that little and giving him that many touches is even worse, other teams will be keying on him, basically when he is on the field it is going to him.

We are just awful though... I'm torn this week because I'm totally on the Lions bandwagon this year because I like their team and I really don't like our team, it's not just that we are awful, I genuinely dislike most of our players as well...

So what teams with playoff potential are everyone else supporting?

Because lets be honest... Vikes discussion makes me a sad panda.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Tyrell Johnson arrested on fourth degree DWI charge.

Can we just cut his ass already?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 09-20-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Vikings cut that scrub immediatley, but don't think it will happen. For some reason they have kept holding onto that guy even though he is a complete bust.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we cut this idiot yet?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...130194223.html
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Doesn't look like we're going to get our wish:

Tom Pelissero
Frazier on Tyrell Johnson: "We're going to handle it internally."

...and...

Tom Pelissero
Frazier: "It's always disappointing when guys fall short in different areas. ... But it happens." Plan is for Johnson to play on Sunday.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 09-21-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Someone said on twitter that this is the first time Detroit has been favored in Minnesota in 30 years. Good time to be a Minnesota sports fan right now.