Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What makes it even worse for the last two games is, despite our lousy passing game, O-line and secondary. Take out the last 2 minutes of both games and we are 2-0 right now.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel terrible for picking against my team at work...

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Kluwe is absolutely amazing

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I know he's not liked by some because he is injury prone, but Sidney Rice had a 100 yd day today for the Hawks. But thats ok Vikes orginization, we have Beatrice Berrian, Michael Jenkins, and Percy(keep him on the sidelines)Harvin.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team is turning me into this guy:

the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vikes are taking a look at max starks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...at-max-starks/
Old 09-26-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, i don't see this changing anytime soon. We are getting out coached, plain and simple. McNabb isn't doing anything to help either, but it is obvious that we cannot match other teams' adjustments. We just **** the bed week after week.

Can we please have a 24 point lead to piss away in the 2nd half next week? That would be awesome.

Actually, what would be the most awesome is us sucking so bad that we "earn" the #1 pick, only to pass on Luck because we drafted ponder so damn high.

edit: i was pessemistic from the start, but this is going to end up being a much longer season than i expected....
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, what would be the most awesome is us sucking so bad that we "earn" the #1 pick, only to pass on Luck because we drafted ponder so damn high.
Lol... the best part is we will pass on an OL again as well. You just can't win in this league if you don't pay any attention to the OL, having one guy who was elite a couple of years ago can't make up for 3 guys that are awful and 1 guy that is alright in run blocking.

Honestly... in a passing league, with rule changes every year putting more of an emphasis on passing, we have basically ignored the QB, OL and secondary for the last 5 years so we can take a gadget WR, backup QB and god only knows how many DEs...

I mean seriously, how can we get the draft so wrong, so often... It's like we hired Matt freaking Millen after we drafted Rice and Peterson, that's how bad our drafts have been! You could legitimately argue that Erin Henderson is the best player we've drafted since Rice. Especially given we see Harvin as the most explosive bench warmer in the league!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ut-lack-of-use

Quote:
Vikings RB Peterson isn't biting when asked about lack of use

Adrian Peterson is in the spotlight this week for being the rare kind of playmaker who doesn't get enough plays called for him.

Questions about his lack of use by the 0-3 Vikings are clearly uncomfortable for the running back, who risks undermining his coaching staff by saying what everyone else already knows.

Peterson was a guest on "The Rich Eisen Podcast" this week, where he proved to be an honor student in the pro athlete school of saying-something-without-saying-anything-at-all.

"When I look at the film, I can look at it and say, 'You know, I feel like we should have ran the ball in this situation, but then again, we had a good play here,'" Peterson said. "We didn't execute."

But what about the fact that your father said Monday you were "frustrated" with your role in Minnesota's 26-23 overtime loss to the Detroit Lions?

"Yeah, he was accurate," Peterson said. "I'm sure there was 52 other guys that were frustrated just walking off the field."

We're telling you, this guy's good. After some talk about Peterson's charity endeavor, “Football for Good,” Eisen went back to the workload issue. Peterson still wasn't biting.

Eisen: "Your nickname has not been changed to half a day, correct?"

(extended pause)

Peterson: "That's correct."

Eisen: "You want me to text (Vikings coach Leslie Frazier)?"

(longer pause)

Peterson: "Oh man ... you know what? We're going to get things turned around, trust me."

Well played, All Day. Well played.
gotta love AD.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
eltwentyone
Rookie

eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Awww jeeez, this is really pathetic cmooon

Vikings coaches are "pleased" with Bernard Berrian and are "trying" to get him more involved in the offense.
Yikes. Berrian has one reception on 10 targets and 132 snaps this season. The alleged deep threat has averaged a scant 10.56 yards per catch since the beginning of the 2009 season. This Vikings coaching staff has been the most overmatched in the league through three weeks, and Bill Musgrave is the primary culprit. Early signs suggest he can't figure out how to maximize his personnel or make in-game adjustments.
eltwentyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should be more concerned about getting Harvin more involved in the passing attack, aswell as the 2 TEs... Musgrave is a big dissappointment so far.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, this is just great news...

Tom Pelissero
Leslie Frazier said #Vikings coaches need to "reevaluate everything" but dismissed the idea of starting Christian Ponder at QB next week.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

It makes me sick to watch how good Sidney Rice is at times. But hey, at least we have Beatrice Berrian....
Old 10-02-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
It makes me sick to watch how good Sidney Rice is at times. But hey, at least we have Beatrice Berrian....
Hey now, Berrian made a nice catch on that 4th and 18...yea, one catch on six(yes, 6!) targets according to ESPN.com...I don't know what anyone in the organization sees in him, it's just so sad. On the season, he has 2 catches for 37 yards on 16 targets according to ESPN (for comparison Aromashodu has 2 catches for 39 yards on only 6 targets), that is so bad it's not even funny; now some of that has to be placed on McNabb's terrible accuracy, but still, come on...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-02-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder would get murdered behind this line, it's probably better for McNabb to start until late in the season and let him take all the punishment. Let Ponder start fresh next year with Kalil blocking for him.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw 50-50 today instead of watching the Vikings game. I'm happy with my choice.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I see no point in playing Ponder for a couple of reasons.

1. He will get killed out there, our line seems to think that QB hits are like points, the more you get the better...

2. He can only diminish his value by playing, right now he is an unknown commodity, put him out behind an awful line with no targets and you turn him into Jimmy Clausen, who is worth just about nothing after Carolina gets the #1 pick.

So basically we are better keeping him on the pine and healthy and when we win the Luck sweepstakes we at least have some trade value with him. If we don't win the sweepstakes maybe we can get him a WR or LT or something in the draft with our top 3 pick.

There is only one reason to play Ponder now and that is that he is even less likely to win games than McNabb and lets be honest, we aren't any good anyway so we really don't need to start tanking.

The saddest parts is we have one of the easiest schedules going around and are still no good... If we can't win the Reid Rejects battle next week we might not win a game this year!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe people are already throwing Ponder away for this Luck sweepstakes. I love Luck, but c'mon people. Ponder has not taken a single step on the field. Let's get a WR, OT or CB with the first.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Hey now, Berrian made a nice catch on that 4th and 18...yea, one catch on six(yes, 6!) targets according to ESPN.com...I don't know what anyone in the organization sees in him, it's just so sad. On the season, he has 2 catches for 37 yards on 16 targets according to ESPN (for comparison Aromashodu has 2 catches for 39 yards on only 6 targets), that is so bad it's not even funny; now some of that has to be placed on McNabb's terrible accuracy, but still, come on...

Not only is Berrian completely useless on the field but the things he's doing off the field just should remove any doubt he needs to be cut. Blaming everyone but himself, completely calling out McNabb even if he's not directly saying his name. And now he's having a mini twitter meltdown.

Last edited by yo123 : 10-02-2011 at 09:01 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I can't believe people are already throwing Ponder away for this Luck sweepstakes. I love Luck, but c'mon people. Ponder has not taken a single step on the field. Let's get a WR, OT or CB with the first.
It's not as bad as Rams fans throwing Bradford away for the Luck Sweepstakes.

I picked the Vikings today for some reason.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

At what point does everyone think we should start Ponder?

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not sure if serious. We reached on Ponder, best case we reached and he actually becomes something but he isn't half the prospect that Luck is and you couldn't not take Luck because of him, especially given he showed very little in the preseason, against backups no less.

We'd be in the same basic position as where the Panthers were last year, we have a young QB that we drafted the year before who so far has shown that he is more likely to be a bust than a star, obviously that could all change when/if he gets a chance on the field but you just can't not take a franchise QB when one pops up if you have that chance.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Not sure if serious. We reached on Ponder, best case we reached and he actually becomes something but he isn't half the prospect that Luck is and you couldn't not take Luck because of him, especially given he showed very little in the preseason, against backups no less.

We'd be in the same basic position as where the Panthers were last year, we have a young QB that we drafted the year before who so far has shown that he is more likely to be a bust than a star, obviously that could all change when/if he gets a chance on the field but you just can't not take a franchise QB when one pops up if you have that chance.
quoted for truth
Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

But the only issue with that is, we haven't given Ponder a true shot. Until we do that, and if he fails like Clausen then Im all for Luck but Until we see what Ponder can do in the NFL, we can't throw him under the bus yet. We need to see what he can do. Clausen got playing time and got worse over those games, if the same happens with Ponder, then Luck here we come. But if he does play well, We need a LT no doubt. We also need a Tall Receiver for who ever our QB is. Someone reliable because what we have know is terrible other than Percy and maybe Jenkins for the time being.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylishis View Post
At what point does everyone think we should start Ponder?
Now. As sad as it is, it has to do with more than just winning this season or helping develop Ponder. The team is in the last year of its lease at the Metrodome and needs to get a new stadium built. It's going to be hard enough for them to get a stadium built with the condition that the state government and budget is in, but it will be damn near impossible if the team starts to rack up blackouts from not selling out games, and the way it sounds, the team could possibly be in trouble on that front this week as from the last I heard, they were selling tickets, but still have a ways to go:
Quote:
Tom Pelissero
#Vikings have been moving tickets for Sunday's game after all. Per team VP Steve LaCroix, only 2,500 remain -- down from 6,500 a week ago.
When you have to sell tickets, there are only a couple of things that gets asses in seats, one of those and the easiest to sell is a winning team, the Vikings are obviously not that. The next best thing to try to sell is HOPE, and that comes with playing your 1st round, 12th overall draft pick, the guy that has been deemed your franchise QB. Not with starting a 34 year old QB who is on a one year deal and hasn't gotten the job done so far. Yes, McNabb isn't the whole problem, but he absolutely has been a fairly decent sized part of the problem. If you don't give the fans a reason to come to games, the team can kiss any chance at getting a new stadium built in Minnesota goodbye, especially when that chance is already limited, and that has to be one of the most important things to the franchise.

On top of that, Ponder was considered to be one of, if not, the most pro ready QBs in the draft. It would be different if he were considered to be a several year project like T-Jack was when we drafted him. We definitely don't have the o-line that you'd like to put a rookie QB behind, but we have weapons to assist him, and maybe by playing Ponder they would actually put together a gameplan that features our weapons, giving Peterson, Harvin, and the TEs the ball as much as they actually should, and limiting Berrian's involvement:
Quote:
Bernard Berrian: We nominated Nolan Carroll as the worst player in the league through two weeks. At the quarter-pole, it's time to give Berrian the nod. This season, Berrian's been thrown 16 passes. He's caught two of them. Two. That's an unreal catch rate of 12.5 percent, and it actually rose on Sunday, because he went 1-for-6 on targets. The average starting wideout is right around 58 percent over the past few years. The poor guy even had a 13-yard catch called back by an offensive hold this week. Put it this way. Through Week 4's action, Donovan McNabb has completed 59 percent of his passes and averaged 6.1 yards per attempt. If you cut out the passes to Berrian, McNabb's completing 66 percent of his passes and averaging 6.7 yards per attempt. Maybe the Vikings need to cut out the passes to Berrian.
from grantland.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: