Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-04-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would assume (only an assumption at this point), that Ponder will be starting by weeks 6 if McNabb doesn't win week 5. That would the the smart thing to do.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But the only issue with that is, we haven't given Ponder a true shot. Until we do that, and if he fails like Clausen then Im all for Luck but Until we see what Ponder can do in the NFL, we can't throw him under the bus yet. We need to see what he can do. Clausen got playing time and got worse over those games, if the same happens with Ponder, then Luck here we come. But if he does play well, We need a LT no doubt. We also need a Tall Receiver for who ever our QB is. Someone reliable because what we have know is terrible other than Percy and maybe Jenkins for the time being.
I have no problem with starting him other than that it is more likely to diminish his value in a trade. Lets be honest we are very similar to Carolina last year, good RB situation, awful OL(theirs was better than ours is), poor WR and so far very poor game planning. We would basically be putting a guy that comes in with a fragile sticker and question marks galore in a position to get crushed and fail, if he managed to succeed in that situation then it would be awesome but I personally think the likelihood isn't great that he will. The best value for QBs is reserved for the unknown, Kolb is a great example, they got a Kings ransom for him after show casing him in a good situation and not exposing him last year in a bad one(that was much better than ours!)

That's my biggest problem, Ponder showed me nothing in his college or preseason career to indicate he is ready to start in this situation and personally I think the best thing for his development would be at least a year on the sidelines. Getting hammered and throwing to spuds is not going to help him develop. I don't expect us to get the #1 pick, the Colts in particular are a truly special kind of awful, but if we did we should take Luck, he is just a flat out better prospect in every way to Ponder and there will be a team out there that will probably trade for Ponder as long as we haven't Clausened him.

I get the "hope" arguement as well but nothing would crush quicker than destroying hope, at least with Ponder on the bench we have that hope, throw him to the wolves and you could kill the last bit of hope we even have. We've spent 4 years building our current situation with stupid decisions and blunders, it's about time we actually start making some good football decisions.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting, apparently Bernard Berrian is inactive for todays game, and he isn't injured that I know of.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His presence will surely be missed.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea the offense is really going to struggle today without him... lol!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess one of the pluses about Leslie Frazier is that he doesn't tolerate any ********.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I guess one of the pluses about Leslie Frazier is that he doesn't tolerate any ********.
Except horrible quarterback play, halftime adjustments, and he certainly does tolerate using his timeouts in the worst way possible.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Hey now, I'm trying to be optimistic. :)
Old 10-10-2011, 06:35 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Cook is our best DB this season so far.

I cant be believe I said that seriously. lol

Cedric Griffin just doesnt seem to be the player he was. Ironically, Cook reminds me a Griffin when he first got drafted by us. Not very good his first year, and then steady improvement.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys look pretty wise letting Edwards walk and keeping Robison.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Chris Cook is our best DB this season so far.

I cant be believe I said that seriously. lol

Cedric Griffin just doesnt seem to be the player he was. Ironically, Cook reminds me a Griffin when he first got drafted by us. Not very good his first year, and then steady improvement.
It's true. He's been damn good, looking like he did in preseason his rookie year before he tore his meniscus. I really kind of expected that from Griffin, he tore both of his ACLs in back to back years, pretty hard to come back from that and be the same player. I just really hope that Winfield gets back soon because God damn Asher Allen sucks ass and if I have to see slot receivers running free over the middle every week I swear I'm going to kill someone. He's so bad.

Robison has been amazing opposite Jared Allen. He always had looked solid as a situational pass rusher, but I didn't know if he could do it full time and then hold up against the run which he's done fairly well. It'd just be nice if we could get more of a push up the middle pass rushing wise. I'm tired of seeing Allen or Robison rush outside and force the QB to step up and have a nice pocket there to step up into or else a wide open lane to run. I understand that Kevin Williams probably isn't in great shape or playing at his peak yet having just came back from his suspension and dealing with a foot injury, but we really need someone to step up next to him, I don't care if it's Ayodele, Evans, Guion, Ballard, etc.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I pointed out in the gameday thread, everyone should read Tom Pelissero's work. He does a hell of a job on tape breakdowns, here's an excerpt from this week's that shows just how well the DE's have been playing:

Quote:
Week after week, RE Jared Allen (63 snaps) and LE Brian Robison (62) find ways to top themselves. Allen beat LT Levi Brown for sacks in 3.0 and 2.5 seconds, torched Brown outside for another hit and finished with seven total pressures on QB Kevin Kolb. He also batted a pass, made his presence felt in the run game and recovered the fumble forced by Robison, who stripped Kolb in 2.6 seconds, got a cleanup sack in 3.8 and totaled seven pressures against fill-in RT Jeremy Bridges. Not even 24 chips and extra-man protection calls in 55 dropbacks (43.6%) or injuries could hold down Allen (poked in eye) and Robison (abdominal strain). The illegal use of hands penalty on Bridges that wiped out WR Early Doucet's 11-yard touchdown catch was a product of Robison's speed rush, too.
article

Also from that same article to further evidence how well Cook has been playing:
Quote:
Cook sank underneath to break one throw to the corner and didn't cede a completion longer than 7 yards all day

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
Jason La Canfora
Vikings are changing QBs. Leslie Frazier has made the change and notified those involved. Christian Ponder takes over as starter
So glad to hear that. I really felt that there was a good chance Frazier would **** this up.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
So glad to hear that. I really felt that there was a good chance Frazier would **** this up.
Im glad this is happening but I wish it would have waited another week and then start him after the bye week. First career start and you have to play the Reigning Super Bowl Champs that are 6-0... Tough spot to put him in.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish it wouldn't have happened this week, honestly. I'd rather not see Christian Ponder running for dear life in his first NFL start. But who knows. He could totally shock and awe me :o

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been thinking this whole time that our bye was next week after the packers but when its actually 2 weeks away. So Now knowing that Im a little more happy that they did this now. Like Vikes said he could totally shock and awe us. All he has to do is really come and dont turn the ball over and manage the game and hand it off to AD.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
Loadholt questionable with knee. Sullivan working through concussion. Hutchinson has sore knee. Charlie Johnson has triceps again. Yikes.
Ouch. It's sad that out of our whole OL, the only starter who is "healthy" is Anthony Herrera and he is coming off of a torn ACL last year. It's a good thing Ponder can move back there, because he may be running for his life again this week and possibly for the rest of the year.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-19-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at very least, Im glad McNabb has takin the high road and said that he would help Ponder out in any way that he can now that he is the back up.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Well at very least, Im glad McNabb has takin the high road and said that he would help Ponder out in any way that he can now that he is the back up.
Yeah that's the good thing about McNabb, He is a true professional.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Cook arrested for domestic assault

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 22, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT

Minnesota’s ugly 2011 season just got a little uglier.

Vikings cornerback Chris Cook was arrested for domestic assault on Saturday morning at 4:06 a.m. CT, as originally reported by KFAN in Minneapolis.

A public Hennepin County jail record confirms that a man named Chris Cook with the same birthday as the Vikings cornerback was arrested on two charges: domestic assault and intentional attempts to inflict bodily harm on another. Both charges are misdemeanors. He was arrested by the Eden Prarie Police Department.

Cook, who has quietly played well this year, is due back in Court Monday morning at 8:15 a.m. It remains to be seen if coach Leslie Frazier allows Cook to suit up in the meantime. Cook was also arrested and ultimately cleared on a gun charge last year.

The Vikings are already likely to be short their best cornerback Antoine Winfield, who is doubtful for the game.

UPDATE: Tom Pelissero of espn1500.com reports Cook could be detained in jail until his court hearing Monday.

UPDATE II: The Vikings confirmed the arrest via statement:

“The Minnesota Vikings are aware of the incident involving Chris Cook. We take this matter very seriously and are still gathering all the details of the incident. We will not have any further comment at this time.”
Old 10-22-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Thats just great, being without both Winfield & Cook against the packers is just what we need.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cook is such a thug. I have a feeling this is going to be a reoccurring thing with him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Well ****, Cook was really playing well and I was hoping(still do) that he can become a good long term starter at CB for us, but he can't be getting in trouble with the law all the time. I'd like to hear the story and what all happened before I pass judgment on him and call him a thug(he was acquitted on the previous case), but it sure is seeming like that's what he is.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-22-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Rodgers will have 3 TDs by the end of the first quarter.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Rodgers will have 3 TDs by the end of the first quarter.
Knowing the Vikings we will play them close first half, but he will come out and set the record for second half TD's
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote