Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-15-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Opinions on Brinkley as a 2 down SILB?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
If they throw on either one of those downs you're screwed.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

congrats on getting Jennings

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully it is not for too much but I like the signing. He is a much better fit than say Mike Wallace.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Link to vikings signing jennings.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/R...Jennings031513

Super excited about this signing. Should be able to sure up our WR corps with Jennings and a rookie in the first round.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Link to vikings signing jennings.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/R...Jennings031513

Super excited about this signing. Should be able to sure up our WR corps with Jennings and a rookie in the first round.
I'm happy about this signing as well. Just hope we didn't spend an absurd amount for him. He has always been one of very few packer players I liked so I am glad to have him on the Vikings.

Tavon Austin at 23 and BPA at 25? Thats how i'm seeing our draft as of right now.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I'm happy about this signing as well. Just hope we didn't spend an absurd amount for him. He has always been one of very few packer players I liked so I am glad to have him on the Vikings.

Tavon Austin at 23 and BPA at 25? Thats how i'm seeing our draft as of right now.
Why draft another slot receiver? It's evident that the front office and coaching staff likes Jarius Wright. I'd focus on adding another quality receiver on the outside like DeAndre Hopkins so Jerome Simpson isn't trotting out there.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the way i see it, jennings is a better wr than harvin, but harvin is a bigger threat from more places (wr, kr, pr, rb...)

also, jennings + first round pick+third round pick > harvin leaving in free agency next year
Old 03-15-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, what's the deal worth?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Why draft another slot receiver? It's evident that the front office and coaching staff likes Jarius Wright. I'd focus on adding another quality receiver on the outside like DeAndre Hopkins so Jerome Simpson isn't trotting out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
wow, what's the deal worth?
No word on how much the deal is worth yet. All we know is its 5 years. I would expect around 30 million but we will see.

I said Tavon Austin at 23 mainly because of what I have been hearing the past couple days from the reporters that cover the Vikings. I much rather have Keenan Allen over Austin. But I just keep hearing his name a lot.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post

I really don't see us drafting Austin. I can't rule it out but I think it's much more likely that Hopkins, Allen, or Hunter is taken with one of the firsts.

I am happy we didn't use a first to pick up Victor Cruz.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
He's a good run stuffer, so that would be a good fit, but he's terrible if he's on the field in passing situations. His zone drops are bad and he can't man up on LB/RB at all.

Quote:

This, 100%. I'm sick of seeing Austin in every mock I look at post Harvin trade. Wright is good enough for the slot and Jennings has been good in the slot when in GB. It's possible, but I'd rather see an outside receiver, and I'd like to see Keenan Allen or Hopkins in the first.

I like the Jennings signing, it just depends on how much the contract is worth. Sounds like it's a 5 year deal, so I'm hoping it's somewhere in the $35-40 million range.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. Sounds like $47.5 M max, $18 M guaranteed.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will probably end up being like 3/27 and we could cut him after that for virtually no cost. That is my guess anyways.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We still HAVE to go wr with one of our first round picks. I would also like Allen or Hopkins.

The 2nd pick is still up in the air for me..... We have to see who drops. Hopefully it is someone like Warmack, Cooper, or Richardson.

I love the Jennings signing, though. Gives us a legit #1, and give Ponder a chance to actually prove himself outside of bubble screens to Percy. It is a make or break it year for Ponder for sure.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, a WR with one of the two picks is needed. Add Allen, Hopkins, Hunter or some other kind of receiver with size and a Jennings/Rookie/Wright/Simpson/TBD corps is decent.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never ceases to amaze me how many times the Vikings reach into our pockets and go after our players.
Not only the ones you did get, but you tried hard before to get others, like Aaron Kampman in his prime.

I can't think of any Vikings the Packers have gone after since the early 1990's.... anyone refresh my memory?

I don't know what to make of it. There are 32 teams in the NFL.
I don't see the Lions or Bears always going after our guys.....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:37 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do it because it makes Packer fans irrationally angry and it's hilarious.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
We do it because it makes Packer fans irrationally angry and it's hilarious.
Searching "packers trader" on twitter is good for some laughs.

(Yes, I know it is 'traitor', but they don't)
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

I'd say our history of attaining washed up Bears receivers is much more impressive. Marcus Robinson, Dwayne Bates, Bobby Wade and Devin Aromashadu offers a glimpse at just how desperate we have been.

I agree with the notion on Austin. I like him a lot, and feel he will be better than Wright, but you'd be making a rookie slot guy who showed promise in his rookie season obsolete. I feel we can strengthen the team more by taking a guy who can line up outside. A Hopkins/Allen and Trufant first round would make me happy. Cook/Robinson/Trufant is a corner set I could get on board with, though I am not sure how Trufant fits in our defense.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dig it.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jennings isn't going to get Wallace money...probably in the range of 3 years, $27 million for a deal
Good call.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

We are in talks with Winfield about resigning. I really hope this works out.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
We are in talks with Winfield about resigning. I really hope this works out.
I hope so too. He has been great for us. One of my favorite Vikings.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be pretty pumped if Winfield came back. One of my favorites.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote