Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 09-28-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin is just a tackler; that's all. He's like the Roy Williams of cornerbacks, except he's never made a Pro Bowl.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Griffin is just a tackler; that's all. He's like the Roy Williams of cornerbacks, except he's never made a Pro Bowl.
A tackler that actually misses a fair amount of tackles. I'd call him decent against the run.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
A tackler that actually misses a fair amount of tackles. I'd call him decent against the run.
Bring back Greg Blue!!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I don't know how the titans could be considered anywhere near the best team in the NFL. They have beaten a bunch of crappy teams... the vikings included.
A win is a win, beating a 0-4 team is the same as beating a 4-0 team in the record books. In all honesty though, your not convinced that the Titans have a top 3 defense in the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
A win is a win, beating a 0-4 team is the same as beating a 4-0 team in the record books. In all honesty though, your not convinced that the Titans have a top 3 defense in the league?
No, I'm really not. Peterson had room to run. Haynesworth for the most part was blocked pretty well.

It's a solid defense, but they haven't played one team with good offensive balance yet.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've heard enough excuses for this piece of garbage. Cedric Griffin sucks. He sucks with a pass rush and he sucks without a pass rush. He sucks against good receivers and he sucks against bad receivers. Winfield isn't even getting thrown at anymore. Collins just stared down Griffin's receiver, the dominant Justin Gage, and he got burnt all day long. His replacement needs to be either drafted or signed in the offseason because he's pathetic.
Classic pissed off home football fan.

You can take Ramos McDonald or Eric Kelly or Robert Tate or Wasswa Serwanga....

I will take Cedric Griffin.

Has he played bad? Yes.

Is he the worst corner the Vikings have ever had, which is what you make him out to be? No.

Think back a little man, if you even watched the Vikings back then....
Old 09-29-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

Has he played bad? Yes.

Is he the worst corner the Vikings have ever had, which is what you make him out to be? No.

Show me where I said he is the worst CB we have ever had. I just said he ******* sucks, which he does.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Has he played bad? Yes.

I'll actually take Eric Kelly over him. And I think I get what point you are trying to make, but that doesn't make it any less idiotic. I mean, the simple fact that we've had some of the most pathetic starting cornerbacks in the league over the past decade doesn't excuse Griffin's porous play.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep it civil boys
Old 09-29-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually hope Frerotte is injured so the slight chance that the team gets a clue and trades for Jeff Garcia increases. I seriously think the only way we are making a push for a playoff birth with Childress at coach is if we trade for Garcia and hope he can will the team to victory amidst the terrible playcalling by the worst head coach in the NFL.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I actually hope Frerotte is injured so the slight chance that the team gets a clue and trades for Jeff Garcia increases.

Gus is not the cause of this defeat. He played well in the last 2 games , and even if i wasn't sure of the switch from TJ to him at first i think it's a good decision now.

The problem today was that the vikings shot themselves in the foot.

Stupid penalties, defensive offsides on third down that extends drive, offensive holdings that negates first downs and good gains on returns and runs.

Terrible play calling.
Chester Taylor up the middle on 1 and 16???
Our coach are absolutely unimaginative and predictable. According to the nfl play by play, on 16 third downs, the Vikings lined up 16 times in Shotgun formation, and attempted 16 passes (even on third and 1...). No elements of surprise. They seem to never try something different.

And finally, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers inside our 35 yards line... 21 points off turnover, that's what killed us.

Crappy game all around. Feels like same old same old sometimes for this Vikings fan...

PS We were robbed by the referees on that 4 and 2.... There is no way the receiver crossed the first down line. That could have changed the game completely.
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

looks like the Ram drop Linehan, why can't we do the same?

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post
Gus is not the cause of this defeat. He played well in the last 2 games , and even if i wasn't sure of the switch from TJ to him at first i think it's a good decision now.

The problem today was that the vikings shot themselves in the foot.

Stupid penalties, defensive offsides on third down that extends drive, offensive holdings that negates first downs and good gains on returns and runs.

Terrible play calling.
Chester Taylor up the middle on 1 and 16???
Our coach are absolutely unimaginative and predictable. According to the nfl play by play, on 16 third downs, the Vikings lined up 16 times in Shotgun formation, and attempted 16 passes (even on third and 1...). No elements of surprise. They seem to never try something different.

And finally, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers inside our 35 yards line... 21 points off turnover, that's what killed us.

Crappy game all around. Feels like same old same old sometimes for this Vikings fan...

PS We were robbed by the referees on that 4 and 2.... There is no way the receiver crossed the first down line. That could have changed the game completely.
I am not saying Frerotte is the reason we lost. I do think though that we won't be making the playoffs with him as our QB. I thin kdespite the terrible coaching Garcia could win us a couple extra games on his own, something Frerotte won't do.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our coaches donít get the most out of our players. We have 2 of the best running backs in the league and we throw the ball 45 times and run freakin 18?!? What a joke, they need to get creative and put both backs on the field at the same time, line up AD at receiver and Chester in the back field and run a reverse/ fake reverse or something. Frerotte is a game manager and he does it well but we never have an opportunity for a big play. Watch any other team in the league and they get creative with their play calling, they donít just run the same vanilla run, run, pass. We play good teams close but we will never win if we only score 1 or 2 TD's a game. We have to much talent on this team to be playing so mediocre.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Our coaches donít get the most out of our players. We have 2 of the best running backs in the league and we throw the ball 45 times and run freakin 18?!? What a joke, they need to get creative and put both backs on the field at the same time, line up AD at receiver and Chester in the back field and run a reverse/ fake reverse or something. Frerotte is a game manager and he does it well but we never have an opportunity for a big play. Watch any other team in the league and they get creative with their play calling, they donít just run the same vanilla run, run, pass. We play good teams close but we will never win if we only score 1 or 2 TD's a game. We have to much talent on this team to be playing so mediocre.
That whole statement is all true and the Last sentence just caps it off. There is so much Talent on this team. Hutch, AP, Taylor, Berrian, Birk, Winfield, Sharper, EJ, Greenway, Allen, Williams and Williams. All of those guys are either been pro bowl players or have the potenital in my eyes to be pro bowls. Childress and the Coach Staff are holding them back. The Day Adrian signed with us I have been scared of the day when he becomes a FA because I know if we dont win he wont want to play for us and He is too good to just have for 5 years and to get rid. We need to get rid of Childress and Maybe even Spielmen buts that a questionable because he has got us the players we need to succeed it just the Coach needs to take those players and win and with a record of 15-21, that is not what we were looking for after tice.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Classic quick fix culture being displayed here. Firing the head coach is like taking a pill, sure it is fast and easy, might work in the short term but things are not always that simple. They are actually quite complex and more than one thing comes into play in the end result.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Well Ozzy its really quite simple, Childress is a horrible coach.

Lets start with drafting we drafted Ryan cook cedric grffin and tavaris jackson in the same draft they all suck.

Childress cut or didnt resign Koren Robinson Mewelde Moore Hank Baskett Daunte Culpepper Jermaine wiggins all of which are better then the guys he replaced them with.

None of the games hes won have we even been ok hardly impressive.

What has him or his pet project done. Last year TJ won 8 games supposedly yet he only thru 8 freaking tds all year. Daunte would of had that this year already!!!!!!!!!!! For all the fumbling Culpepper did he also provided a spark, He won games, T-jack last year against the giants thru 9 freaking passes sure he had a great passer rating most of those were probably screen passes. Not only has he flushed this season down the toilet and wasted another prescious year of are already aging defense but We have nothing that remotely could be mistaken for an offense. NOTHING
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
Well Ozzy its really quite simple, Childress is a horrible coach.

Lets start with drafting we drafted Ryan cook cedric grffin and tavaris jackson in the same draft they all suck.

Childress cut or didnt resign Koren Robinson Mewelde Moore Hank Baskett Daunte Culpepper Jermaine wiggins all of which are better then the guys he replaced them with.

None of the games hes won have we even been ok hardly impressive.

What has him or his pet project done. Last year TJ won 8 games supposedly yet he only thru 8 freaking tds all year. Daunte would of had that this year already!!!!!!!!!!! For all the fumbling Culpepper did he also provided a spark, He won games, T-jack last year against the giants thru 9 freaking passes sure he had a great passer rating most of those were probably screen passes. Not only has he flushed this season down the toilet and wasted another prescious year of are already aging defense but We have nothing that remotely could be mistaken for an offense. NOTHING
I would not even say that is the worst thing about Childress as a head coach. I mean some of that I am sure is the fault of the front office. What I hate about Childress and for that matter Bevell is they absolutly cannot utilze the talent we have on offense. The playcalling by Childress is atrocious. He cannot motivate this team at all. I remember reading about the techniques used by Childress to motivate his players and I think I remember reading a few of them called his techniques downright weird. It is the coaches job to get the most out of his players and in my opinion all Childress does is make them worse and single handidly lose the team games. Nobody ever said firing the coach will solve all of our problems Ozzie but I don't think anyone with a brain can say that firing Childress will not help this team. We will only continue to get worse with Childress as the coach of probably finish with another record around 500 but that is not good enough because this team is far to talented for that. Unquestionably I think we need to start improving this team by firing the worst coach in the NFL and go from there.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Classic quick fix culture being displayed here. Firing the head coach is like taking a pill, sure it is fast and easy, might work in the short term but things are not always that simple. They are actually quite complex and more than one thing comes into play in the end result.
Well if so, then why dont you enlighten us. Because We know our Number 1 Rush Offense and Defense cant be the problem....We All know the passing game for both side is terrible..The Management cant be for blame because atleast they went out and got us players that want to win like Allen. I guess that leaves the Coaches and the Schemes we use. So Maybe it actually is Childress and the Coaching staff hmm...

Old 09-29-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Again people like the quick fix and that is all they look for.

Fans try to take out frustration on a coach, sorry Childress is not the problem. Yes he might have made a mistake in drafting Jackson, he probably thought Jackson would be his McNabb. Turns out he does have a rocket arm, but he is not accurate and cannot make simple plays. Which is why he was put on the bench.

Who do we get as our coach? Please would you rather go back to the days of Tice? Where we were a joke of the league because all our players got in trouble with the law.

I will go out and say there is no way Childress will be fired this season. No way, you can all think it, it just will not happen because there is no reason for it.

As for the draft, any Viking fan would know that they have drafted quite well over the past few years. A lot better than they did all the years previous.

Of course if you look back you can say they should have done this or that but please you could do that to basically ever organization in the NFL.

Childress will not be fired, period.

Did Childress make a mistake in Jackson? Jury is still out but most likely yes. However if the Vikings had just a solid consistent QB that made plays all our "problems" would be solved. Oh and it would be nice if Berrian played like he did on the Bears, or if they got Rice the ball more or if McKinnie was not gone for our first few games.

Last edited by Ozzy : 09-29-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Again people like the quick fix and that is all they look for.

Fans try to take out frustration on a coach, sorry Childress is not the problem. Yes he might have made a mistake in drafting Jackson, he probably thought Jackson would be his McNabb. Turns out he does have a rocket arm, but he is not accurate and cannot make simple plays. Which is why he was put on the bench.

Who do we get as our coach? Please would you rather go back to the days of Tice? Where we were a joke of the league because all our players got in trouble with the law.

I will go out and say there is no way Childress will be fired this season. No way, you can all think it, it just will not happen because there is no reason for it.

As for the draft, any Viking fan would know that they have drafted quite well over the past few years. A lot better than they did all the years previous.

Of course if you look back you can say they should have done this or that but please you could do that to basically ever organization in the NFL.

Childress will not be fired, period.
I understand that we have drafted very well but we are not performing well. The reason for that is we have a terrible head coach. The reason he should be fired is because he makes the team worse so it stands to reason that without him we are a better team. Who says we need to go back to the Tice days either. Nobody is holding a gun to the teams head and saying if you fire Childress you have to rehire Tice. Your problem Ozzie is that you are so scared of going back to the dark ages of this team that you are pefectly content with mediocrity and until we fire Childress mediocrity is all we will get. The forumla for the team right now is great talent + terrible coaching = average team. It stands to reason that if we get something besides terrible coaching we should have a shot at winning.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I understand that we have drafted very well but we are not performing well. The reason for that is we have a terrible head coach. The reason he should be fired is because he makes the team worse so it stands to reason that without him we are a better team. Who says we need to go back to the Tice days either. Nobody is holding a gun to the teams head and saying if you fire Childress you have to rehire Tice. Your problem Ozzie is that you are so scared of going back to the dark ages of this team that you are pefectly content with mediocrity and until we fire Childress mediocrity is all we will get. The forumla for the team right now is great talent + terrible coaching = average team. It stands to reason that if we get something besides terrible coaching we should have a shot at winning.
Last time I checked pretty much every team in the NFL has talent to some degree. Obviously we do not have that much talent because we have few backup quality DEs. We do not have good quality backup LBs, we also do not have a very deep offensive line, thus Hicks as our starting OT. On top of that we need more good TEs that can stretch the field, and some of our free agents, aka Berrian are not playing well and M. Williams is not even on the field because he is injured.

I say those are reasons, all reasons the coach does not really control. Thus if we were so "talented" why don't we have those key backups? To be talented is a deep football team with good backups, clearly we have few good backups, even our 3rd string RB, who used to be Moore is now basically a non weapon.

They have a lot of problems that in some ways have nothing to do with the coach. As for the player personnel Childress is not the overall for the team, Rick Spielman makes a lot of decisions in the front office and over the past two seasons someone either Spielman or Childress or both have collected some great undrafted free agents, most notably Erin Henderson and Charles Gordon. So their "scouting" is not that bad.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Yes we have had a good draft the pass 2 years....but the first year I wouldnt consider it good. Let see we got Jackson, Cook, Griffin and we came out with Greenway and Ray Edwards...I would say the only guy so far that has been good is Greenway. But the reason why 07 and 08 Where better so far than 06 maybe because we had different GMs that first year.

And yes we do need a consistent QB if you dont think so then I have no idea why not. Because it is obvious. Tarvaris Jackson is not the answer, He cant read defenses and he is very unaccurate. Gus Frerotte can manage the game but he will be retired in 3 years at most. If we had a QB that could manage the game, get the balls to the receiver, Oh and that can read defenses we might actually win.

Also if we go at the rate we are at 1 win in 4 games so that means 4-12, No Coach deserves to stay as coach at 4-12. I dont think we will go 4-12 but we might not even have a winning record. Zygi wilf didnt spend around 150-200 Million this offseason on guys to lose. He wants to win and if he doesnt see it happening Childress should and will be gone.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

The main problem is that Viking fans are too used to great offenses and are getting so frustrated with the current Viking offense they think firing the coach is the way to go.

This just in, the Vikings have shifted, they are building on defense, we are a defensive team and a running team that does not score a lot of points. Thus we will not be able to get 80 yard TDs 2-3 times a game like the old days.

If the Vikings had Steeler, Bill or Giants uniforms on, most would see them as a pretty damn good football team with some great players. And even with early losses, are still solid and should be a threat all year long. Yet since they have a Viking jersey, and they are not killing people on offense, Viking fans blame the coach.

What happened to the good old days when people blamed the starting QB and cheered the backup? Ferrotte knows those days backing up Culpepper, even Bowman was cheered as a backup and thought to be some type of savior.

However now since the Vikings do not have a unproven backup to cheer, thus Jackson is the backup....now you switch to the head coach? Please....
Old 09-29-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Are you serious Ozzy? If we continue to play like this, there is NO WAY Childress will be our coach next year.

He needs to make the playoffs to keep his job. Almost everyone agrees with that assessment -- media, fans, and probably Childress himself. He has been given a talented team to work with. Tarvaris Jackson will be the death of him as our coach. He could have just as easily traded up for Cutler.

I think Zygi is much too tired of watching a mediocre product on the field when he has poured as much money into this team as any other owner in the NFL. We'd have been in the playoffs last year if he plays Peterson the entire season. That was one of many, many mistakes he's made.