Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 06-22-2009, 04:00 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't like the Favre signing if/when it happens.

A) He is the figure head of the enemy.

B) He is a dickhead, an egotistical one at that and even if he hadn't played for GB I would still strongly dislike him.

C) He isn't that good anymore anyway and is just an unneeded distraction.

So in short, I don't like it. He would be my least favourite player in the league, right up there with that whiny ***** Cutler who ironically seems to want to be a lot like Favre.

I think I would almost rather lose with Sage/TJ than win with Favre, anything short of a Superbowl win and I will just hate Favre more.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Honestly, I think Tavaris Jackson was your best option last year. I think he was pulled a little prematurely.

I have been rooting for this guy since the beginning, maybe thats why I think this though.
I saw several Vikings' games last season and Tavaris was not derserving of the starting spot and a player like Gus was their best option. Tavaris has yet to learn that you need to take what defense gives you and you can place the ball in a spot where there is no opening. He also lacks sound fundamentals yet. There's a reason why they keep bringing borderline starting caliber QBs in, and that is due to Jackson not being entirely but Childress holding out hope that he will find his way.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barring some unforeseen major physical setback, Brett Favre will be at training camp in Mankato when they open up the end of July, a source has told WCCO's Mark Rosen.

That source said that Favre and the Vikings have indeed come to a contractual agreement, with heavy incentives. The Vikings equipment manager has already ordered number 4 purple jerseys with his name on it.
Damn you guys.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray!

I am glad that we don't have to rely on T-Jack or RosenFAILS...
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor has it that we may sign Marvin Harrison
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Rumor has it that we may sign Marvin Harrison
I saw that earlier. As long as he can come in and compete at the same level he has done in the pass than I'm all for it.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would push Rice for the #3 spot but Marvin really has nothing left. If he can't look decent w/Peyton throwing to him there is nothing left.

Still not a bad guy to have around though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

What the heck is with this old man parade of rumors? I'm pretty content with our WR's after the addition of Percy. I mean a 40 year old QB is one thing, but a 37 year old WR on top of that!?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really hoping this means Childress' job is on the line. I think he knows he needs to at least win a game in the playoffs to keep his job and he is doing whatever it takes to win now.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see a problem with signing Harrison, he may have lost a step, but he still has the hands. Think of Favre throwing to Harrison. I just jizzed myself.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
I don't see a problem with signing Harrison, he may have lost a step, but he still has the hands. Think of Favre throwing to Harrison. I just jizzed myself.
If only we had that connection 10 years ago.

But yeah as long as he comes cheap which he should, I have no problem with picking him up.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
I thought that you were against signing Favre.... I think that you said "**** favre, **** chilly, and **** the vikings" in the other Favre thread.

I'm not ragging on you, i'm just wondering what got you on board with this.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Favre as a one year stop gap for my current collegiate man crush quarterback Jake Locker.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I thought that you were against signing Favre.... I think that you said "**** favre, **** chilly, and **** the vikings" in the other Favre thread.

I'm not ragging on you, i'm just wondering what got you on board with this.
I'm against Favre living. However, I still do think it would be epic to see two greats at their positions in purple.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we drafted a player who is always ill...

Quote:
Harvin leaves rookie symposium due to illness
June 29th, 2009 – 7:06 PM by Judd Zulgad

Vikings first-round wide receiver Percy Harvin was sent home from the NFL rookie symposium after becoming ill, according to NFL.com.

Harvin reported for the start of the event Sunday afternoon in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, but after notifying the medical staff he was not feeling well, they suggested he return home. Organizers of the symposium officially excused Harvin; all 256 draft picks had reported Sunday, according to those who run the symposium.

Harvin, the 22nd pick in the draft in April, also missed a Vikings’ mandatory rookie minicamp in early May after he became so ill during a layover in Atlanta that he was hospitalized. Harvin, who had been traveling from Florida was severly dehydrated and eventually returned home to Florida.
Should this be concerning?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a guy who already had durability issues, hell yes its concerning.
Idk what the latest illness is, but you get the general impression that maybe he doesnt take care of himself like he should?
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Looks like we drafted a player who is always ill...

Should this be concerning?
It could be an inner-ear infection, which can be disturbed by excessive travel, but keep in mind he did not seem to have these problems in any of his college seasons.

It could also be something like a hangover....alcohol dries a person out and makes them vomit.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a bit concerning considering the incident seemed like a kid running to the nurse's office trying to get sent home from school. But than again the media has no idea what actually went down with medical staff. All it says is he went to the medical staff saying he didn't feel well. For all we know he could of gone there seeking some medicine and they decided it was in the best interest of the rest of the rookies health just to send him home.

The bottom line is if this was anyone other than Percy Harvin it more than likely would have been a non-issue.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Report: Harvin will have to attend 2010 symposium
June 30th, 2009 – 6:25 PM by Judd Zulgad

Vikings rookie wide receiver Percy Harvin remained absent from the NFL’s rookie symposium on Tuesday because of illness and will have to attend the event next year, according to the NFL Network.

Steve Wyche, reporting for “NFL Total Access” from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., said Harvin wanted to return to the symposium Tuesday but that doctors told him to remain at home. Wyche said Harvin is concerned about how people will perceive his absence because of the question marks that surrounded his character entering the NFL draft in April.

Harvin had top-10 talent but dropped to the Vikings with the 22nd-overall pick in part because he reportedly tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine in February in Indianapolis.

This is not the first time Harvin has dealt with an illness this offseason that has kept him from an NFL-related event. Harvin missed a Vikings rookie camp in early May after becoming so ill during a layover in Atlanta that he was hospitalized. Harvin, who had been traveling from Florida, was suffering from extreme dehydration and a virus. He returned home two days after being admitted to the hospital.

The former University of Florida standout reported for the start of the four-day symposium Sunday afternoon, but the medical staff suggested he return home after he told them he wasn’t feeling well. Harvin and his family live in the Gainesville area. Organizers of the event officially excused Harvin; all 256 draft picks were in attendance on Sunday, according to symposium officials.

The symposium focuses on helping rookies adjust to life in the NFL by bringing in guest speakers and experts in a number of different areas to discuss various issues. It is something the league takes very seriously. In fact, Wyche said it is taken so seriously that his understanding is that Harvin will have to attend next year’s symposium with the incoming rookie class despite the fact he will have been in the league for a year.
So it sounds like he is better from what Steve Whyce said. Im just glad he is feeling better maybe he just get a little sick from flying.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Wyche said Harvin is concerned about how people will perceive his absence because of the question marks that surrounded his character entering the NFL draft in April."

This is the good news in all of this. Let's hope he actually means it and makes good on that sentiment, rather than just saying the right thing.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's something Percy is definatly going to have to get used to. He is going to get scrutinized for everything he does. I think he did the right thing on this one, by going to the medical staff and alerting them that he wasn't feeling well. Just imagine had he not said anything about it and gone on with the Symposium and possibly puked during it. The media, and some fans would blow it up even more "OMG, he must of been DRUNK!!!".

Oh well he made his bed with his past decisions now he is just going to have to lie in it.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some Vikings Want Tarvaris, Not Favre
Posted by Mike Florio on July 4, 2009 9:54 AM
As NFL observers continue to wait for the seemingly inevitable announcement that quarterback Brett Favre will be donning a purple jersey and helmet in 2009, we're hearing that some members of what would be his third team in three seasons aren't thrilled with the idea that a new signal-caller will be getting the keys to a recently underachieving passing game.

And they don't want Sage Rosenfels, either.

Per a league source, some Vikings believe that Tarvaris Jackson should be the starter, based on Jackson's performance during offseason workouts.

Yes, Tarvaris Jackson.

Of course, Jackson also drew high praise last year for his work in the underwear practices. Once the season began, Jackson played poorly -- and he quickly was benched for Gus Frerotte.

Jackson returned after Frerotte suffered broken bones in his back, and Jackson did well down the stretch, finishing the season with a passer rating of 95.4.

But the three-year pro was ineffective during a wild-card loss to the Eagles, and the trade for Rosenfels was regarded as a strong sign that Jackson would be on the bench.

Previously, there have been a few indications that some were hesistant to welcome Favre with open arms. Defensive end Ray Edwards has said that Favre will have to drop the "prima donna act," and linebacker Chad Greenway has questioned "where [Favre's] loyalties lie."

So Favre will have his work cut out for him if/when he joins the Vikings -- both in the locker room and on the field.

That said, if/when Favre arrives, he'll be the starter. And coach Brad Childress wouldn't be sniffing around the guy who smells like tractor if Jackson had stepped up last year in the postseason, when he had his chance to nail down the job for years to come.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Tarvarisssssssssssss finally people are beginning to follow my undying love for him
Old 07-04-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Tarvarisssssssssssss finally people are beginning to follow my undying love for him
Just as it was foretold, Action Jackson will lead us to the promise land.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Just as it was foretold, Action Jackson will lead us to the promise land.
I honestly think he can be a good quarterback if given another chance. He just brings so much to the table.