Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 07-05-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I honestly think he can be a good quarterback if given another chance. He just brings so much to the table.
I definitely do as well, but with him, its all a matter of consistently being able to move the ball down the field (as obvious as that seems for a QB hah). When Favre signs I'll just be waiting for when he goes down with an injury and TJ steps up and permanently claims that starting position (if he does indeed stay on the roster as the backup to Favre over Rosenfels).

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it comes to be the case where the Vikings run the wildcat offense, Tavaris would be the perfect canidate to be the QB. Harvin is really going to improve the Vikings offense. I believe that Harvin will the #2 receiver by week 3. Tavaris is just so much more dynamic than Favre, or Rosenfels. I have been rooting for him since he came out of college. He hasn't had much of a chance. Childress just had to pull him to keep his job. And that's why I think he deserves another chance. He has looked so awesome in offseason workouts. I've seen some tapes as well as read a whole load of articles saying that he is looking great. And yet, Brad Childress still wants to cut him if the Favre signing goes through. The kid is young; a lot of young qb's are inconsistent.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
If it comes to be the case where the Vikings run the wildcat offense, Tavaris would be the perfect canidate to be the QB. Harvin is really going to improve the Vikings offense. I believe that Harvin will the #2 receiver by week 3. Tavaris is just so much more dynamic than Favre, or Rosenfels. I have been rooting for him since he came out of college. He hasn't had much of a chance. Childress just had to pull him to keep his job. And that's why I think he deserves another chance. He has looked so awesome in offseason workouts. I've seen some tapes as well as read a whole load of articles saying that he is looking great. And yet, Brad Childress still wants to cut him if the Favre signing goes through. The kid is young; a lot of young qb's are inconsistent.
He's played in 25 games in his first 3 seasons. I would say that's a chance and more. Tavaris has an intriguing skill set with his athleticism and strong arm, but his fundamentals suck and he struggles with accuracy because of it. There's a reason why the team continues to bring in other options and I think the statement made by bringing in these other quarterbacks is even stronger than it may appear because Tavaris was a Childress selection and a Childress guy.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He's played in 25 games in his first 3 seasons. I would say that's a chance and more. Tavaris has an intriguing skill set with his athleticism and strong arm, but his fundamentals suck and he struggles with accuracy because of it. There's a reason why the team continues to bring in other options and I think the statement made by bringing in these other quarterbacks is even stronger than it may appear because Tavaris was a Childress selection and a Childress guy.
He came on strong at the end of the year and besides his debacle against Philadelphia, looked pretty good out there. We've added another weapon in Harvin, Shiancoe is a year less suckier, the possibility of bringing in a veteran presence in the form of Marvin Harrison, and he's gained the support of his teammates. Not only are they impressed by his offseason practice results, but some are saying they'd rather have him then Brett Favre. Plus cmon, his name is Tarvaris.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw on startribune.com that the Vikings and Antonie Winfield have started talking again about an extension. Which is good and I hope he signs atleast before the beginning of the season so he can just focus on football not have to worry about getting a long term deal.

Also I know the rumor of Marvin Harrison..but to tell ya the truth I much rather bring in Amani Toomer. A guy who has been always a consistent and a reliable receiver for the Giants. He could be helpful to the younger players that we have as well.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
He came on strong at the end of the year and besides his debacle against Philadelphia, looked pretty good out there. We've added another weapon in Harvin, Shiancoe is a year less suckier, the possibility of bringing in a veteran presence in the form of Marvin Harrison, and he's gained the support of his teammates. Not only are they impressed by his offseason practice results, but some are saying they'd rather have him then Brett Favre. Plus cmon, his name is Tarvaris.
That's a little over stated. He played OK that's it. A QB coming on strong means playing consisantly at the level of the best in the league. Tavaris had one good game against AZ then played below average the rest of the way. He's just been so bad that when he plays average people think he's ripping it up.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
That's a little over stated. He played OK that's it. A QB coming on strong means playing consisantly at the level of the best in the league. Tavaris had one good game against AZ then played below average the rest of the way. He's just been so bad that when he plays average people think he's ripping it up.

I agree with this.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tarvaris Jackson has had plenty of chances to prove himself. He was given a playoff game to start, and he **** his pants. If he happens to beat out Brett Favre, great, otherwise I don't want to see anymore of him.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Tarvaris Jackson has had plenty of chances to prove himself. He was given a playoff game to start, and he **** his pants. If he happens to beat out Brett Favre, great, otherwise I don't want to see anymore of him.
So you'd rather see Rosenfels?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
So you'd rather see Rosenfels?

Yes yes yes yes one thousand times yes to both.

Also-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4316261
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yes yes yes yes one thousand times yes to both.

Also-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4316261
Agreed. I still hold out hope for Jackson down the road, but right now our starting QB should be Rosenfails (if not Favre).... i think that i just threw up in my mouth a little bit endorsing Sage. :(
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Agreed. I still hold out hope for Jackson down the road, but right now our starting QB should be Rosenfails (if not Favre).... i think that i just threw up in my mouth a little bit endorsing Sage. :(
Neither of them are going to win us anything and that's the truth. Sage has been a career backup and has been known for a guy who will turn the ball over one or two times a game. He might be a little more accurate for the vikings rather than Jackson but neither of them will be a long term solution for the vikings. I know the last thing we need is a Rookie QB but we need to stop just getting old players who are past their prime or players that have never been in their prime and most likely will never see it. Its just getting ridiculous every off season we as fans have to question who are QB will be for the upcoming year.

To get away from the negative..Its good to see the Williamses win their court case as of know. They will have another court case before the season but if they win this it will be great. They are the key to our defense and we need them to succeed on defense.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

After the Sage trade and the talks about Training Camp battles, I thought that if there was a fair competition between Sage and Tarvaris in this offense, Sage should win it.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Neither of them are going to win us anything and that's the truth. Sage has been a career backup and has been known for a guy who will turn the ball over one or two times a game. He might be a little more accurate for the vikings rather than Jackson but neither of them will be a long term solution for the vikings. I know the last thing we need is a Rookie QB but we need to stop just getting old players who are past their prime or players that have never been in their prime and most likely will never see it. Its just getting ridiculous every off season we as fans have to question who are QB will be for the upcoming year.

To get away from the negative..Its good to see the Williamses win their court case as of know. They will have another court case before the season but if they win this it will be great. They are the key to our defense and we need them to succeed on defense.
I think thats what I have been trying to say for a while. Just hasn't really been able to escape my mouth the right way (hold the laughter at the innuendo). I guess I'm just kinda fed up with this as a fan. I don't want to lose, and I just want to see the Vikings win a superbowl. But in our lifetime, that could prove a challenge.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I was able to watch every game he played last year I can honestly say the Vikes should have acquired Cassel. The kid will be a solid starter and may even be a top QB. Time will tell, but that's just my take on it. I like Harvin, but trading for Cassel and maybe making a run at Braylon Edwards next year as an FA (maybe? pending the CBA) would have made me pretty happy.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I was kinda iffy on getting Cassel, but after seeing what the Chiefs had to give up I definitely would have gone after him. Same for Jay Cutler, I would have given so much for him, seeing as we already have several tremendously talented players on our team.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I was kinda iffy on getting Cassel, but after seeing what the Chiefs had to give up I definitely would have gone after him. Same for Jay Cutler, I would have given so much for him, seeing as we already have several tremendously talented players on our team.
Yeah well too bad our coach is Brad Childress. I hope we have a terrible year so Childress gets fired. Quote me.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Unfortunately, an improving record after each of three seasons doesn't often point to a terrible fourth. And I do not like Brad Childress.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel was completely a product of the system imo. He is going to bust in KC and would have busted with us.

Cutler though, we should have gone hard after him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have loved to watch Cassel fail in a vikings uniform. I actually thought that Cutler was going to go to the Vikings or the Lions, honestly. The Vikings failed IMO by not pulling the trigger on Cutler, with Cutler under center I think the Vikings would have been very serious Super Bowl contenders.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Well I will be seeing the Vikings in Cleveland this year on 9/13 (Week 1). I got up early today just to get the tickets. It will be the first time I will see Adrian Peterson so just that makes me excited.

I never wanted Cassel in a Vikings uniform. I agree that he was good because of the receivers he had in Moss and Welker. I think he will be a decent QB but nothing more than that. It will be tough for him this year in KC because of the O-Line.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quoted for future "I told you so" fun! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Cassel was completely a product of the system imo. He is going to bust in KC and would have busted with us.

Cutler though, we should have gone hard after him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I would have loved to watch Cassel fail in a vikings uniform. I actually thought that Cutler was going to go to the Vikings or the Lions, honestly. The Vikings failed IMO by not pulling the trigger on Cutler, with Cutler under center I think the Vikings would have been very serious Super Bowl contenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Well I will be seeing the Vikings in Cleveland this year on 9/13 (Week 1). I got up early today just to get the tickets. It will be the first time I will see Adrian Peterson so just that makes me excited.

I never wanted Cassel in a Vikings uniform. I agree that he was good because of the receivers he had in Moss and Welker. I think he will be a decent QB but nothing more than that. It will be tough for him this year in KC because of the O-Line.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tarvaris may demand a trade if we sign Favre.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 07-14-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Is it opposite day?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Is it opposite day?
No its the apocalypse!