Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 07-14-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So when Tavaris Jackson goes to the Vikings front office and requests a trade how many people bust out laughing? If it were me I would say "kid if you can find someone who will give us a big mac meal for you we'll pull the trigger"
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
So when Tavaris Jackson goes to the Vikings front office and requests a trade how many people bust out laughing? If it were me I would say "kid if you can find someone who will give us a big mac meal for you we'll pull the trigger"
Hey fresh meat take your mockery elsewhere. Tarvaris is a saint and deserves to be treated as one.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Hey fresh meat take your mockery elsewhere. Tarvaris is a saint and deserves to be treated as one.
Agreed. Tavaris Jackson should at least give himself a chance to prove that he is better than Favre. I know that Jackson can beat Favre in a battle because he is younger and faster. I just think that he should give himself a chance before he demands a trade. I mean, I support him, but he will not get a starting position anywhere else, nor a chance.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Viva la Jackson!
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Agreed. Tavaris Jackson should at least give himself a chance to prove that he is better than Favre. I know that Jackson can beat Favre in a battle because he is younger and faster. I just think that he should give himself a chance before he demands a trade. I mean, I support him, but he will not get a starting position anywhere else, nor a chance.
HAHA if only being younger and faster had anything to do with being a good QB. You just said he couldn't get a starting gig nor a chance anywhere else but you think he has a chance to beat out Favre in a competition! LOL when Favre signs there is no QB competition, he's the starter.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Brett Favre is like, one trillion times better than T-Jack. Tarvaris would have no chance to beat out Favre.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Brett Favre is like, one trillion times better than T-Jack. Tarvaris would have no chance to beat out Favre.
Favre will break his leg the first game of the season if he is the QB of the Vikings. I will stand behind Jackson and say he is better than Favre until the day I die. I understand everyone's hostility, but I do believe in him more than I believe in Favre. Sorry.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Favre will break his leg the first game of the season if he is the QB of the Vikings. I will stand behind Jackson and say he is better than Favre until the day I die. I understand everyone's hostility, but I do believe in him more than I believe in Favre. Sorry.
That is absolutely crazy. Jackson has never shown at any point in his short career that he's half as good as Favre.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
That is absolutely crazy. Jackson has never shown at any point in his short career that he's half as good as Favre.
With the exception of the second half of last year where Favre was absolutely abysmal. And yes I know he was injured, but you said never in which case you are clearly wrong.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please...please tell me that we are not actually debating on whos a better QB between Favre and Jackson.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Please...please tell me that we are not actually debating on whos a better QB between Favre and Jackson.
Actually we are. At this point, Jackson is way better than Favre. End of story.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am one who think Jackson has taken a beating a bit unfairly from the media and fans. But at this point unless Jackson has really stepped up his game, there is no way I can honestly fathom Jackson being better for the Vikings than a healthy Brett Favre.

The youth, athleticism, and being a dual threat is good and all. But it's just not what the Vikings need right now. What they need right now is a QB with good Vision that can read the defenses effeiciently and consistently move the chains on 3rd down. Someone that when the Vikings are behind they can move the ball effectivly through the air. Someone they can trust letting pass the ball 30+ times a game if they have too.

I think Jackson is better than he is given credit for but he has not been capable of consistently doing those things yet. A 40 y/o Brett Farve with a healthy arm is capable of those things.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im just so baffled by all of you Jackson supporters. Its like you all have mentally blocked out all of the bad throws, the inaccurate reads, the "deer in headlights" style of play. All I hear about is the Arizona game, his one big game.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen finds Favre saga "annoying"

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 18, 2009 12:37 PM ET
Mr. Florio waited until late Friday evening to get his daily obligatory Favre post out of the way.

When our fearless leader checks his Sprint phone (See, I'm learning fast!) on his way back from his non-vacation, he'll see that I didn't wait so long.

All Pro defensive end Jared Allen is the latest to chime in on the Favre saga. In typical fashion, Allen doesn't hold back when talking about his likely future teammate.

"If we get Brett, then that's a bonus," Allen told Sam Farmer. "But let's either get it done and get moving on with it or let it go.

"It's not so much that it's a distraction because we're professionals and don't really buy into that. But it's annoying."

A nation of football fans just nodded in agreement. After praising Favre's place in history, Allen says the Vikings can achieve their goals, with or without Favre.

"Our goals going into the off-season weren't, let's win a championship if we get Brett Favre. It's, we're going to win a championship. And I feel like we have two able quarterbacks to get that done."

If it makes Allen feel any better, this chapter in the Favre story should be over soon. Favre plans to give the Vikings an answer by July 30th.

Perhaps these words from a prominent player like Allen will even speed up the process. (We can only hope.)

In the meantime, we'll try not to make any more Favre posts this Saturday.

At least until the VW bus pulls back into PFT headquarters.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

double post
Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Im just so baffled by all of you Jackson supporters. Its like you all have mentally blocked out all of the bad throws, the inaccurate reads, the "deer in headlights" style of play. All I hear about is the Arizona game, his one big game.
Yea his best game was a game that he had 11 completions in.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually we are. At this point, Jackson is way better than Favre. End of story.

Never has a post been so wrong. Seriously are we talking about the same guy? The guy with 20 TD's, 18 INT's, and a 6.6 YPA in 25 career games? Holy **** just because Favre had a bad half season while being bothered by an injury doesn't mean a pathetic quarterback like Tarvaris Jackson is better than hiim.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre would be a better QB than Jackson with a broken hip at 60.

Jackson isn't smart enough to play QB in the NFL.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so ******* excited for the season to start. That is all.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly.... I just saw my first commercial for the Hall of Fame game and i got a huge smile on my face. I told my wife and she was just as excited as i was... i'm lucky! :)
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Exactly.... I just saw my first commercial for the Hall of Fame game and i got a huge smile on my face. I told my wife and she was just as excited as i was... i'm lucky! :)
Ive been excited for the season since I got my Vikings @ Cleveland Browns Tickets the other day. Can't wait to see the Vikings.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I will not give up. I don't care what you guyzz have to say about that.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Ive been excited for the season since I got my Vikings @ Cleveland Browns Tickets the other day. Can't wait to see the Vikings.
Tickets just went on sale today.....

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Tickets just went on sale today.....
I got them through the Cleveland Browns website. They went on sale July 11th.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

October 5th Baby!!!! MNF!!!!

I will be going (and probably surrounded by Packer fans) and I am going to be taking the next day off.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote