Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-28-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Booty gets to learn under future HOF QB Vince Young.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ice-squad.html

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orlando Thomas loses battle with ALS
Old 10-28-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Seriously. Right now the offer stands at Tavaris Jackson and a 4th for their 3rd.
I would probably do that. Their 3rd is a high 3rd, and our 4th is a low one, so it's a wide gap between those picks. Going by the TVC, it'd put T-Jack's value at that of a late 3rd, which would be good value.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Damn what a terrible disease. He was good while he played here. RIP.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

37 is way to young to go. RIP Mr. Thomas.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I always liked him at safety, he was a hard hitter. 37 is to young to die anyways.

Edit: Fixed

Last edited by General Zod : 10-28-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I guess he hasn't passed?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...nciaec8O7EyUsl

Awesome to hear then.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
So I guess he hasn't passed?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...nciaec8O7EyUsl

Awesome to hear then.
Jeez, nice epic fail by the Vikings website.

Fight on Orlando! :-)

Old 10-29-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry for posting an untrue story but in this case I'm glad it was wrong.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Sorry for posting an untrue story but in this case I'm glad it was wrong.
No worries man, I read that little nugget on more then one website before they came out and said he was alive.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey ran across something interesting thought I would let my fellow swdc Viking fans in on it...

Seems Brian Robison has been reading, and posting a bit on a Minnesota Vikings message board. I am pretty sure you all have been to the site not sure if you read the message boards(I do occasionally). It's isn't a hoax either he did a fan chat with Tim Yotter on the site and revealed his identity on the MB. here is the link to the chat transcript http://min.scout.com/2/914155.html. ... pretty cool to see a NFL player actually interacting with the fan base on a MB.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Very nice. Im gonna post on there how I think he should cut into Ray Edwards playing time. lol

Old 11-01-2009, 02:31 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just an update on the forum mock...

I'm not sure if you guys will like this move all to much, I'm not sure if this is a good move or not...The first move we made was:

WE GET:
Raiders 3rd

RAIDERS GET:
Tavaris Jackson
Our 3rd

The second trade I made:

WE GET:
Renaldo Hill
Denvers 3rd

DENVER GETS:
Anthony Hererra
Raiders 3rd.

I liked the deal, Renaldo Hill is a competent safety and that's what we needed. It eliminated a draft need for us. Now in the first round, I'm torn whether or not I should go for a QB or a DT or a LB. I want to go for QB but I don't know how much talent will be there. If Bradford or Clausen is there, then I'm going for QB, but of Terrance Cody is there, I will go for him. LB can wait til the 2nd round. I may trade our 3rd and Sage Rosenfels to get another 2nd round pick.

Let me know your thoughts...I hate flying solo here.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2-1 out of these last 3 is damn good in my book, and we could have easily won that Pittsburgh game. Our schedule takes a steep downturn in terms of talent. These next 3 games we should be big favorites with Detroit, Seattle, and Chicago (at home).

On another note, how good has Harvin been this year? That big return after the Packers scored was unreal. The guy just gives us something that we just plain didn't have last year.

He's alright, for a Gator.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have so impressed with Harvin this year. I knew that he was fast and had "moves" and stuff, but i have been most impressed with his strength. He has broken a large number of tackles by just bullying his way out of the defenders' arms.

Hopefully he & Sidney are able to keep their strong play up after the old man hangs 'em up again.... for good.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I have so impressed with Harvin this year. I knew that he was fast and had "moves" and stuff, but i have been most impressed with his strength. He has broken a large number of tackles by just bullying his way out of the defenders' arms.

Hopefully he & Sidney are able to keep their strong play up after the old man hangs 'em up again.... for good.
We have our tall receiver and our speed receiver. Bye bye Berrian!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
yelp, I was thinking the same thing. Dont forget about Harvins hands. He catches everything. I just worry about his stamina. He gets ill often. I know that he gets headaches.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very glad to say I was very wrong about Percy Harvin and that he has exceeded expectations already. What he has brought in the Special Teams has been great and him and Brett seem to be connecting really well. I wouldn't say Bye bye to Bernard Berrian already. With him and Rice and Harvin, We have a really young good WR Core for years to come.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure his contract is front loaded so we have already paid him most of the money in his deal. No point in getting rid of him now if his salary isn't that much.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, WR has gone from being a weakness to a real strength of our offense. Sidney Rice is going to be a legit #1 receiver, he has some of the best hands I've seen in a long time, if he gets his hands on the ball he catches it.

And Harvin, well he's just ridiculous. He's probably been the best kick returner in the league this year and is making a bigger impact as a receiver than I thought he would. Props to the front office for taking him over Oher, because I sure didn't agree with it at the time.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to the Super Bowl.

. with the VIKINGS BITCHES!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I am going to the Super Bowl.

. with the VIKINGS BITCHES!
Yeah! I'll see you there sir.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
And Harvin, well he's just ridiculous. He's probably been the best kick returner in the league this year and is making a bigger impact as a receiver than I thought he would. Props to the front office for taking him over Oher, because I sure didn't agree with it at the time.
No doubt. I felt the same way, although it eased the pain when Loadholt fell to us in round 2. I still remember how pissed I got when we took Percy over Oher, but I did calm down a lot when Loadholt fell. It has definitely worked out very well for us so far. Loadholt looks like with a little improvement that he could be a longtime starter at RT and Percy looks to be a future pro-bowler who is extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands. The only thing is we need these guys to stay healthy, and both have had some injuries and other illnesses already.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On another note, I have probably given him as much crap as anyone over the years but has anyone else noticed how well Cedric Griffin has played this year? He has really stepped up and we've needed him to with Winfield being out. We've had some trouble against the pass, but from what I've seen it's mostly the safeties. Griffin has been great.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
On another note, I have probably given him as much crap as anyone over the years but has anyone else noticed how well Cedric Griffin has played this year? He has really stepped up and we've needed him to with Winfield being out. We've had some trouble against the pass, but from what I've seen it's mostly the safeties. Griffin has been great.
Don't you just love it when we are 7-1!!!!!!!!! :D

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.