Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-03-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried yet. The fact we went 10-6 two years ago with T-Jack and dumb **** Frerotte makes me a little less anxious. This is still a very good team.

On another note, I went to camp today. Jared Allen and Kevin Williams are awesome.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I'm not worried yet. The fact we went 10-6 two years ago with T-Jack and dumb **** Frerotte makes me a little less anxious. This is still a very good team.

On another note, I went to camp today. Jared Allen and Kevin Williams are awesome.
I agree with you, we're not as good of a team without Favre, but we still have a **** ton of talent and we were a playoff team with less talent when T-Jack and Frerotte were QB. We'll just have to become a different team if, and it's still a bif if, Favre does retire. We'll have to run the ball more and rely on our very good defense to win games in the teens and low twenties instead of last year scoring 30 points a game.

We booked our hotel last night for training camp. We're gonna go up Friday morning, watch both practices Friday and then stay over Friday night and watch Saturday morning's practice and then come home. I'm looking forward to it a lot.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy it. He did the same thing last year. He came back. Let's just say I'll believe it when I see it.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$20 says that Joe Webb will be starting by the end of the season if Farve doesn't come back.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
$20 says that Joe Webb will be starting by the end of the season if Farve doesn't come back.
Unless Jackson and Rosenfels injure each other while square dancing, I don't see this happening.

I'm not saying he's done, or not done, but it's just not worth it to me to get wrapped up in this right now. Let's see if he's the QB on opening night. Sure, I'd rather have him back, but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No way. In order for that to happen you guys would have to be like 4-12. Even without Favre you're probably an 8-10 win team.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that Judd Zulgad may have jumped the gun on this one.. I think some guys within the originization told him the Brett said he was probably going to retire. All these reporters want to be the guy who breaks the Brett Favre Story, so he took it and ran.

I still have yet to hear anything official from Brett, until I do I see no reason to believe this. Hell even if Brett made an official announcement that he will not play(as he did last year) I would have trouble believing it at this point in time.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i have a hard time believing that Judd would be the one who breaks the Favre news...like others have pointed out, he's given himself some outs with what he's typed since then

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I really expect Favre to be back.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/08/02/...s-made-no.html

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

He's coming back.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im just going to ignore everything until Favre releases a statement. Even if he does say he isnt going to play, I still wont believe it till I see Jackson behind center vs the Saints.

And if that is the case, this team will win no more then 9 games, tops.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's coming back.
For sure he's coming back.
Listen, you get the good and the bad with this guy. This is the bad stuff. This guy is a media wh*re, an attention sl*t

He's like a lot of us are: we love to see ourself on TV. He loves, craved the limelight.

Listen to the first reports on ESPN today. The headline across the screen was "Favre to inform Vikings he's retiring".

He hadn't retired. He just made sure it was leaked to someone, vaguely, so that he could have his day in the spotlight again. He's been a bit jealous with all the Revis and Haynesworth stuff taking his spotlight, and TO last week.

Look, he's gonna say he never said he was retiring this time, when he comes back.

And if I am wrong, remember this: two years ago with Tarvarris, you guys still won the division over us, and that was with us having Rodgers and he did great. And your team I feel is better now with Harvin and Sidney Rice emerging, plus Ray Edwards has blossomed into a good one.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 08-03-2010 at 10:46 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Judd Zulgad is an awful journalist, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he jumped the gun.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I think Judd Zulgad is an awful journalist, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he jumped the gun.
I don't think he's awful, but he's far from reliable, and I'd be more than willing to bet he jumped the gun, wanting to be the first to report that Brett Favre's retiring.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's coming back.

I went to training camp today too, always a good time. It would have been a lot more fun if we didn't have three captain checkdowns at QB right now. I don't think they threw more than 2 passes each farther than 5 yards down the field during 7 on 7.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Is it football season yet? :(

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Farve wi come back...I hope!

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An article on how all the rooks have been doing so far... Apparently Chris Cook and Chris DeGeare are doing very well.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_t he_Vikings_rookies_Cook_DeGeare_are_the_standouts_ so_far
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I had a lot of fun at training camp the last two days, and will post some thoughts and pictures that I took when I get a chance.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 08-09-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Interesting article about the CB depth chart. I figured it would be Lito Sheppard, Benny Sapp, Chris Cook, and Asher Allen behind Winfield and Griffin, but that looks to be way off. Sapp has missed a lot of time with dehydration, and it looks like Sheppard has failed to impress, where as Cook has done nothing but impress, and Asher Allen got first team reps in a nickel drill.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Interesting article about the CB depth chart. I figured it would be Lito Sheppard, Benny Sapp, Chris Cook, and Asher Allen behind Winfield and Griffin, but that looks to be way off. Sapp has missed a lot of time with dehydration, and it looks like Sheppard has failed to impress, where as Cook has done nothing but impress, and Asher Allen got first team reps in a nickel drill.
I honestly didnt hate the Cook pick, or Gerhart for that matter. What got me was the fact they traded out of the 1st for basically nothing. And then gave up a bunch to trade up in the 2nd.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cook has also been covering guys like Taye Biddle and Ray Small with Rosenfels and Webb at QB. I'm not taking much from these 11 in 11 drills, I remember during Kelly Jennings rookie year he was unstoppable in camp. I really want to see how Cook does in live action on Saturday, and I especially want to see his tackling which is supposed to be one of his weaknesses and something that he needs to excel at in this scheme.

Last edited by FuzzyGopher : 08-09-2010 at 08:58 PM.
FuzzyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
and I especially want to see his tackling which is supposed to be one of his weaknesses and something that he needs to excel at in this scheme.
Ive only heard that he is a better then average tackler from college. Scott even has it in his scouting report that he is.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...Chris-Cook.php
Old 08-09-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Ive only heard that he is a better then average tackler from college. Scott even has it in his scouting report that he is.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...Chris-Cook.php
From watching a couple Virginia games this past year, I noticed that he's not afraid to be physical with WRs especially at the LOS, but he tended to show a little hesitation when going in at a RB or TE, letting them come to him instead of going and getting them.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: