Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-10-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First Depth chart of the season issued today by the Vikes...

http://min.scout.com/2/991145.html

Toby Gerhart is currently the 3rd RB, Asher Allen Listed as starting CB over Sheppard and Sapp.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one guy I can't wait to watch this pre-season is joe webb.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett Mills has been impressing me so far.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our back up D line is having a nice game too, lots of pressure.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I have watched tonight, I was impressed with Chris Cook and Joe Webb so far. I wasnt too impressed with Albert Young though. I was a little upset that Tarvaris only played a series.. I thought he should have played a quarter... I dont understand why childress did that really.. I guess he want to see Sage. Which Sage did put on a performance. 300+ yards in a preseason game is somewhat impressive.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
From what I have watched tonight, I was impressed with Chris Cook and Joe Webb so far. I wasnt too impressed with Albert Young though. I was a little upset that Tarvaris only played a series.. I thought he should have played a quarter... I dont understand why childress did that really.. I guess he want to see Sage. Which Sage did put on a performance. 300+ yards in a preseason game is somewhat impressive.
Whats sad is, Sage has absolutely no chance to start for this team(even with no Favre). No matter how good he plays in the preseason, we'll be stuck watching Jackson behind center. And apparently Childress isnt to concerned about getting him some reps in the preseason. Maybe he feels that he doesnt need the playing time.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall I was quite pleased with that game. I'd have liked to see more of the first team guys, both offense and defense. Sage really impressed me, and hopefully he can build up a bit of a trade value. Mills looked really good, no WRs really stood out to me other than Payne, who looked good early on but then had a couple poor drops. I was pleasantly surprised with Reynaud, he ran a lot tougher and stronger than I thought he would. I thought Young was ok, he had no where to go on his runs, but he looked quite good in the passing game, picking up blitzes and catching the ball. Gerhart didn't show me anything outside of that one run(that iirc got called back), where he got outside and had about 12-15 yards. Joe Webb looked quite solid out there, on that one scramble he had he reminded me sooooo much of Michael Vick pre-dog fighting, just so smooth with long strides and the same little wiggle. I wasn't very happy with the play of the O-line, a lot of penalties and no running room although they did a solid job of pass protection for the most part.

The second and third team D Lines looked very good, especially Mitchell, Guion, and Evans. They were getting pressure, almost at will and also did a very good job filling holes against the run. The LBs were just very solid, Brinkley had a nice play in coverage, and Erin had several free blitzes. I didn't notice Sapp much and I don't think Lito played much, if at all, outside of that first series, but Cook impressed me a lot, as did Asher Allen, other than the punt return **** up. The Safeties didn't show up much other than the couple of dropped INTs early on, but them not showing up may be a good thing, at least they're not getting burnt deep and caught out of position.

Overall, that was a damn good start to the preseason. Now we just gotta see some more of the first teamers in the next game and then let Favre take over the reins when he comes back just before the third preseason game. ;)

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 08-14-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: had to break it up a bit
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The run blocking was just awful, there were no running lanes out there. Gerhart looked hesitant and seemed to dance around even when there were some openings. I didn't really see much of Cook but he had a nice pass breakup and forced a fumble.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any chance Asher Allen stays at the number 2 corner til Griffin wins it back? Or is it being given to Sheppard? And if Sheppard has it, will Allen be the nickel? And if so, what happens to Sapp? 5th corner and gets cut once Griffin gets back? I liked Sapp last year quite a bit. Someone help me solve our cornerback mystery.

Did Toby really look hesitant? That is bad bad news considering he is supposed to be that big bruiser. I was incredibly upset, I ran around the room yelling and cursing when we took him, so I hope to all that is holy my anger isn't justified.

Did Joe Webb look like he is ready to be on an NFL roster, or is he gonna be practice squad this year? If Favre comes back, is there any chance that Webb makes the team?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Is there any chance Asher Allen stays at the number 2 corner til Griffin wins it back? Or is it being given to Sheppard? And if Sheppard has it, will Allen be the nickel? And if so, what happens to Sapp? 5th corner and gets cut once Griffin gets back? I liked Sapp last year quite a bit. Someone help me solve our cornerback mystery.

I don't really know what's gonna happen at CB, and that's why I didn't really understand the Sheppard signing with the Cook pick right after that. It's really confusing with how well Cook and Allen have played/looked so far, especially with Sapp not having been able to practice much. I would have guessed Sheppard as the starter with Sapp at the nickel and Allen and Cook playing the Dime/spot duty, until Griffin comes back, but now I'm guessing that it will be a big battle for the rest of preseason, with someone or a couple of guys really standing out and winning the spot(s).

Did Toby really look hesitant? That is bad bad news considering he is supposed to be that big bruiser. I was incredibly upset, I ran around the room yelling and cursing when we took him, so I hope to all that is holy my anger isn't justified.

I have to say he did look a bit hesitant, although he had no place to go at all. It still shouldn't matter with him as he's supposed to be a guy that just punches it up into the hole and pushes ahead for 4 yards. The run blocking last night was horrendous and I think that coupled with the fact that Gerhart may have been a bit nervous probably lead to his hesitation. Really the only RB who looked even half ass decent on carries was Reynaud, who really surprised me. The other guys had absolutely no where to go, and really Reynaud didn't have much room either, he just made a couple plays. I was with you on hating the pick and I have come around on it some, but I agree with you, if he doesn't look any better than that I will be very pissed at a completely wasted pick that confused almost everyone.

Did Joe Webb look like he is ready to be on an NFL roster, or is he gonna be practice squad this year? If Favre comes back, is there any chance that Webb makes the team?

I don't think there's any chance Webb doesn't make the team. I would be incredibly suprised if he is cut. He doesn't look ready, but he seems like someone that Chilly would be paranoid about someone wanting to steal his incredible project. I definitely see Sage either getting traded for a conditional pick, probably starting out as just a 7th rounder with the possibility of it becoming a 5th rounder, or I see him getting cut if no one is interested in him. He doesn't seem like he's one of Chilly and co.'s guys and they could really care less about him. It's pretty obvious that T-Jack is the clear starter if Favre doesn't come back and is the clear # 2 if he does with how last night went. T-Jack played a series and Sage ended up playing for almost 3 quarters; to me that screams that they're trying to raise Sage's value, especially with how many passes he threw, even with the terrible run blocking you'd have thought they'd have wanted to see more of all of those RBs that are fighting for the roster and the 3rd down back.
My thoughts are in bold.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My question on Webb is that would he get sent down to the practice squad for year one and then makes the team next year.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webb should be on the practice squad this year,who know if he will or not or if he would pass through waivers. All my friends are talking about how awesome he was last night and I keep telling them this is exactly what happened with T-Jack his first preseason. I mean this is the same guy who couldn't complete 60% of his passes in Conference USA. I still think he should be playing receiver.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
My question on Webb is that would he get sent down to the practice squad for year one and then makes the team next year.
Yea, I don't think that happens because he would be fair game for anyone to pick up and Chilly would be paranoid that someone would pick up his super project. I think that just for that reason Chilly will keep Webb around even if it makes less sense than keeping Sage.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 08-15-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Webb should be on the practice squad this year,who know if he will or not or if he would pass through waivers. All my friends are talking about how awesome he was last night and I keep telling them this is exactly what happened with T-Jack his first preseason. I mean this is the same guy who couldn't complete 60% of his passes in Conference USA. I still think he should be playing receiver.
I agree with you there, Webb looked ok last night, but he still has a long ways to go, but for the reason I listed, I don't see him being put on the practice squad. I would love to see his athletic ability out wide, but I don't know that we'll ever see him playing WR, at least for the Vikings while Chilly is coaching.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 08-15-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Ugh, I hate Chilly.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your QB is flying into town tonight

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Always knew he wasn't going to retire...

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

ok guys, we can all breathe now lol
Old 08-18-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings Waived WR Jaymar Johnson today to make room for Brett Favre....
Pretty surprising to see him cut so soon I thought he was a legit contender for the #5 WR spot.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I liked him too....

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaymar Johnson is out 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury, he's on the injury/waived list, meaning there's a chance if no one claims him (realistic possibility since he won't be playing), that we can keep him.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Interesting write up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...essvikes081810

And the part where it talks about Favre knowing the offense more then Childress and not trusting his playcalling I can believe %100.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we trade Sage what do we do with our QB situation next year? Jackson is in the last year of his contract and Brett will retire. So do we re-sign Tarvaris? He seems really bitter over this whole situation, but on the other hand who would sign him? Just seems like we put all our eggs in one basket for this season.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Interesting write up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...essvikes081810

And the part where it talks about Favre knowing the offense more then Childress and not trusting his playcalling I can believe %100.
What I find interesting is that no one has figured out the 2 sources.
Sage and Tavaris is my guess.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Jaymar Johnson is out 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury, he's on the injury/waived list, meaning there's a chance if no one claims him (realistic possibility since he won't be playing), that we can keep him.
I've been a big fan of Johnson's since last year during training camp, so I really hope he does make it back to us.

And lol about Favre not trusting Childress. Knowing that makes me like Favre a little more. I'm almost positive none of us trust him, so it's good to know that people actually in the game feel the same way.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: