Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 11-07-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitsports View Post
Poor coaching, that's all that was. Good job, Schwartz, we could have had that one. I don't understand the call, and i said that as they did it. How can you not choose to run and take another 40 seconds off the clock. Especially with Stanton in the game. That would have put the clock around the 1:20 mark and the drive would have been near impossible with no timeouts.

Also, to me it's blatantly obvious that they rushed Matt back. I can understand why, but its not helping us learn anything about him. It appears that he can't hold up, but who knows if he had started totally healthy. It was obvious he was still hurt throughout the Skins game too.. If nothing else comes from this it proves we can win when we have a quarterback. Hopefully a Kurt Warner could fall into our laps this off season.
Hell, we can win with a back up quarterback, especially when our team gets a better next year, but I agree (or maybe its just wishful thinking) that Stafford was playing hurt, I just really hope its a bruise and nothing serious!
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on Stafford?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Any word on Stafford?
Not yet, they just said he was very sore. We will probably find out how bad the injury is tomorrow when he sees a doctor.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Man when it was 20-10 my hope for the rest of this season was high. Especially playing Buffalo next week. I've never lost my hope in a season so fast. Now it looks near impossible again.
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is definitely more difficult now since the Jets game would have gave us momentum. Does anyone know how Shaun Hill's shoulder is coming along? Because I haven't heard anything about him since Stafford came back and we are going to need Hill if we want a chance to win games.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Old 11-07-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill's shoulder isn't the problem, it's his broken arm. Looks like Stanton at QB against the Bills.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
Hill's shoulder isn't the problem, it's his broken arm. Looks like Stanton at QB against the Bills.
Well that sucks, I thought he just hurt his shoulder, I didn't think he broke his arm.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 11-07-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah looks like we'll be giving stanton a lot of reps this week.

If staffords shoulder is seriously hurt this could turn into a career thing
Old 11-08-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the falcons game tracking the score on the jumbo tran and I just knew yall was gonna be able to hold on the victory. Then I heard yall lose and thought it sucked, but wasnt the end of the world bc Stafford played good and it was agianst a elite team. Then I saw the details of what happened and Stafford getting hurt agian and it just was heartbreaking.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
yeah looks like we'll be giving stanton a lot of reps this week.

If staffords shoulder is seriously hurt this could turn into a career thing
The optimist in me is saying that the same words were uttered about another young QB who missed the first two years of his career (or pretty close) due to two season ending knee surgeries. But that former first round pick came back in year three to lead his team and to this day "re-occuring knee injuries" aren't spoken about this player.

The pessimist in me says that QB is Rex Grossman.

Moral of the story is that its too early to rule out Stafford for his career. Unless you want to hop on this guy's bandwagon.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its just freak things bc he took plenty of hits in colllege bc his OL his last 2 years was one of the youngest in the country.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sit him the rest of the season and let him recover fully. If we were 4-4, that would be one thing. But we're not. Next year is when we can start to expect big things from the team imo, so let's get him ready to rip the league up next year. In the meantime, let's get us some Patrick Peterson or Prince Lotsaletters.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
Sit him the rest of the season and let him recover fully. If we were 4-4, that would be one thing. But we're not. Next year is when we can start to expect big things from the team imo, so let's get him ready to rip the league up next year. In the meantime, let's get us some Patrick Peterson or Prince Lotsaletters.
This. I didn't really expect to go to the playoffs this year anyway, I always thought that next year would be our big year. So lets sit Stafford the rest of the season so that he can be FULLY recovered for next season. I don't want to rush him back this season and re-injury that shoulder to the point where it puts his career in jeopardy.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 11-09-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
This. I didn't really expect to go to the playoffs this year anyway, I always thought that next year would be our big year. So lets sit Stafford the rest of the season so that he can be FULLY recovered for next season. I don't want to rush him back this season and re-injury that shoulder to the point where it puts his career in jeopardy.
My first response was, lets wait and see what the docs say before we shut 'er down. I agree, there is no use rushing Stafford back, but hell... I love following this team. They play above expectations, they are competitive every game and I'd hate to see them fall back into the Lions of old (2-14 finish).

But then I read this:
http://detnews.com/article/20101109/...out-for-season

And... well... lets start looking at those scouting reports for CBs.
DAMN! I just hope KVB has at least 2 more years left in him.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
And... well... lets start looking at those scouting reports for CBs.
Lets just hope the Cowboys can win some games so we can grab Peterson. Not that I wouldn't mine having Prince, but having a physically huge corner that can run a 4.3 would be a dream.

-Bo Schembechler

Last edited by Silver & Blue : 11-09-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree but financially wise it could be a good thing for us to be picking a little bit lower and getting prince.

Prince is still arguably the better prospect and i'll be thrilled with either one
Old 11-10-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
Lets just hope the Cowboys can win some games so we can grab Peterson. Not that I wouldn't mine having Prince, but having a physically huge corner that can run a 4.3 would be a dream.
At first I was thinking the Cowboys wouldn't go CB with that high of a pick, but Jenkins is getting used and abused left, right, and center all season. So yeah... Peterson would probably be high on their list.

Normally I would say the coaching change would buy them 2-3 wins, but Jason Garrett's been part of the problem all year. I don't know he can steer them in the right direction.