Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 2-3 years, Mark Sanchez will (arguably) be a top 5 QB, undebatably in the top 7

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
In 2-3 years, Mark Sanchez will (arguably) be a top 5 QB, undebatably in the top 7
I wouldn't go that far but things are certainly looking up.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Sanchez and even I think this is a stupid post.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Midon
Rookie

Midon could make a wolverine purr.Midon could make a wolverine purr.Midon could make a wolverine purr.Midon could make a wolverine purr.Midon could make a wolverine purr.Midon could make a wolverine purr.

Freeman > Bradford > Ryan > Stafford > Flacco >>>>>>>> Dirty Sanchez
Midon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
I love Sanchez and even I think this is a stupid post.
Rivers, Rodgers, Roethlisberger

Besides that, there is nobody Sanchez cant be better than in the future. (Only because they will be right in the middle of their primes when Sanchez starts to hit his)

Sig by Me
Old 01-23-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Besides that, there is nobody Sanchez cant be better than in the future. (Only because they will be right in the middle of their primes when Sanchez starts to hit his)
Every player in this thread title has more potential than Sanchez.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are still for getting about Tebow .The future best QB in Denver since Elway .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Every player in this thread title has more potential than Sanchez.
Whatever you say man. I didnt stutter, i typed what i meant. I guess I'll just have to say I told you so

Sig by Me
Old 01-23-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whatever you say man. I didnt stutter, i typed what i meant. I guess I'll just have to say I told you so
Technically speaking we can both be right. Assuming several of the players I mentioned don't reach their potential it is entirely realistic to think Sanchez will be the better player.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Seriously no disrespect to the guy because I'm notorious for being down on Sanchez and I'm not trying to add insult to injury here, literally, because he cut down on mistakes and I feel looked more like an NFL QB today than Jay Cutler...he really isn't in this class. His stats are bloated by working the middle of the field..roll-outs, swing passes, quick hitches, and his receivers doing a good job of making YAC. And that's the reality of his numbers. He went downfield twice today...a nice td to Holmes after the DB slipped and left him wide open...and incomplete to Edwards. If you wanna say he had a pretty good game and is headed in the right direction now to start year 3, ok. But this stuff here...this is why I'm not a Sanchez guy and its not a bias whatsoever...if Eli Manning was receiving un-due hype for w yard dump-offs or his receivers doing most of the work, Id call him on it. Edwards will probably be gone next year too...and the young excuse no longer is valid. Year 3 is time to step up...and even he knows he's got to get better. Sloooow down on him.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPP90 View Post
Seriously no disrespect to the guy because I'm notorious for being down on Sanchez and I'm not trying to add insult to injury here, literally, because he cut down on mistakes and I feel looked more like an NFL QB today than Jay Cutler...he really isn't in this class. His stats are bloated by working the middle of the field..roll-outs, swing passes, quick hitches, and his receivers doing a good job of making YAC. And that's the reality of his numbers. He went downfield twice today...a nice td to Holmes after the DB slipped and left him wide open...and incomplete to Edwards. If you wanna say he had a pretty good game and is headed in the right direction now to start year 3, ok. But this stuff here...this is why I'm not a Sanchez guy and its not a bias whatsoever...if Eli Manning was receiving un-due hype for w yard dump-offs or his receivers doing most of the work, Id call him on it. Edwards will probably be gone next year too...and the young excuse no longer is valid. Year 3 is time to step up...and even he knows he's got to get better. Sloooow down on him.
I see that you do not agree, however, you did not say why

Sig by Me
Old 01-23-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I see that you do not agree, however, you did not say why
Read the post....he has a loooong way to go. Top 5 guys can beat you with one arm tied behind thwir back and a leaky defense allowing 50+ points. Sanchez is a looooong ways away from that status. And even Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez knows that. They'd both laugh at that post. Mark Sanchez knows he's not even close to Philip Rivers, let alone Manning or Brady.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Read the post....he has a loooong way to go. Top 5 guys can beat you with one arm tied behind thwir back and a leaky defense allowing 50+ points. Sanchez is a looooong ways away from that status. And even Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez knows that. They'd both laugh at that post. Mark Sanchez knows he's not even close to Philip Rivers, let alone Manning or Brady.
So because he doesnt go down field as much as you would like and "lets" his recievers make plays after the catch, he will not be elite?

Sig by Me
Old 01-23-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think watching Rodgers gives us a glimpse at what Bradford will look like in a couple years.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

Quote:
So because he doesnt go down field as much as you would like and "lets" his recievers make plays after the catch, he will not be elite?
Yeah I would say that's a big limitation. He throws quuck screens so much that teams have it scouted and you often see defenders trying to jump them. Its the most simplistic offensive play-calling that everything has to go their way for them to be able to win. They relied on crazy come from behind miracles that you'd only see on a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial all year long to compensate for playing like crap 3 3/3 of a game. Great QBs don't just lean on the defense most of the game and make a throw or 2 that counts during an entire game. There is never a game you could come away from saying "man he played great"...if you aren't a Jets fan to begin with. Start there. Make him win you games..throw 3-4 tds a game without a few to the other team dropped or otherwise. Some website tallied his dropped ints this season at 12. If you want I can dig the link up from the other Sanchez thread but that means he threw 27 to the other team in total. Improve that number drastically, be more of a guy that teams need to fear who can beat you deep without a DB slipping, or dink and dunk. He could be that guy but it isn't anytime soon.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give credit to Sanchez in the 2nd half, but when you're up 24-3, you tend to play a little 'loose' and Sanchez took advantage right off the bat. He played very good, but just because this is a common opponent, doesn't make him better than Flacco. If I remember correctly early in the year, Flacco was making plays and completing passes for big gains against the same Steeler defense.

You can argue all you want Jets fans, but fact is, Sanchez and the entire offense didn't have a pulse in the 1st half. I don't know what the heck the Steelers were doing in the 2nd half but in my opinion, being from PA, and see the Steelers a lot on TV, Troy Polumolu didn't look at his best.

All these QBs are young and some haven't tasted post season success or haven't even seen the post season. But to tell me Sanchez is going to be a top 5 QB because he's 4-2 in the postseason? Dilfer won a super bowl. Is he better than Marino? Sanchez, for the majority of his career so far, hasn't been asked to do much. He's had a top 3 OL, running game, and defense carry him most of the way and he is by far in THE best situation out of all the other young QBs.

Here's how I rank them right now:
1. Bradford
2. Freeman
3. Ryan
4. Sanchez
5. Flacco
6. Stafford

I'll give Sanchez where credit is due and almost pulled off an incredible upset. However, most have even said in the month of December, no QB was better than Freeman, not even a guy named Brady.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I'll give credit to Sanchez in the 2nd half, but when you're up 24-3, you tend to play a little 'loose' and Sanchez took advantage right off the bat. He played very good, but just because this is a common opponent, doesn't make him better than Flacco. If I remember correctly early in the year, Flacco was making plays and completing passes for big gains against the same Steeler defense.

You can argue all you want Jets fans, but fact is, Sanchez and the entire offense didn't have a pulse in the 1st half. I don't know what the heck the Steelers were doing in the 2nd half but in my opinion, being from PA, and see the Steelers a lot on TV, Troy Polumolu didn't look at his best.

All these QBs are young and some haven't tasted post season success or haven't even seen the post season. But to tell me Sanchez is going to be a top 5 QB because he's 4-2 in the postseason? Dilfer won a super bowl. Is he better than Marino? Sanchez, for the majority of his career so far, hasn't been asked to do much. He's had a top 3 OL, running game, and defense carry him most of the way and he is by far in THE best situation out of all the other young QBs.

Here's how I rank them right now:
1. Bradford
2. Freeman
3. Ryan
4. Sanchez
5. Flacco
6. Stafford

I'll give Sanchez where credit is due and almost pulled off an incredible upset. However, most have even said in the month of December, no QB was better than Freeman, not even a guy named Brady.
Josh Freeman with all the offensive weapons the Jets have would be deadly. He could put a motivated Braylon Edwards back in the Pro Bowl with his cannon arm. No one wants to admit it but they should have waited and taken Freeman.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My rankings right now.

1. Ryan
2. Bradford
3. Freeman
4. Flacco
5. Sanchez
6. Stafford

It's hard to do these rankings because these are all damn good QBs. Interchangeable in a lot of different areas. I have Stafford listed as my worst, but he was to stay healthy he could be right at the top. I can honestly see all of these guys in the top 10 QBs within the next 3-4 years.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah I would say that's a big limitation. He throws quuck screens so much that teams have it scouted and you often see defenders trying to jump them. Its the most simplistic offensive play-calling that everything has to go their way for them to be able to win.
Sounds like you have a much bigger problem with Schotty than you do with Sanchez to be honest

Quote:
They relied on crazy come from behind miracles that you'd only see on a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial all year long to compensate for playing like crap 3 3/3 of a game. Great QBs don't just lean on the defense most of the game and make a throw or 2 that counts during an entire game. There is never a game you could come away from saying "man he played great"...if you aren't a Jets fan to begin with.
Really? How about when he played Houston, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, NE (both games besides 45-3) or Pitt today

Quote:
Start there. Make him win you games..throw 3-4 tds a game without a few to the other team dropped or otherwise. Some website tallied his dropped ints this season at 12. If you want I can dig the link up from the other Sanchez thread but that means he threw 27 to the other team in total. Improve that number drastically, be more of a guy that teams need to fear who can beat you deep without a DB slipping, or dink and dunk. He could be that guy but it isn't anytime soon.
Ummmm....... He has shown both the ability to win his team games and throw 3 TD's. Dropped INT's are a meaningless stat IMO, defenses always drop picks. Ben had 2 picks dropped today, yet everyone will (rightfully) praise him for "making plays when it mattered."

Bottom line is this, hear me out. Last year Sanchez's biggest problem was taking care of the football. He fixed that this year (from 23 to 14). This year his biggest problem was inconsistent accuracy. If (seems pretty plausible to me) he fixes that this off-season, what weaknesses will he have as a QB? He has the arm, legs, and mind of an elite QB, it just takes a little time to put it all together. Year 3 is when we will start to see it all clicking

Sig by Me
Old 01-23-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like you have a much bigger problem with Schotty than you do with Sanchez to be honest

Really? How about when he played Houston, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, NE (both games besides 45-3) or Pitt today

Bottom line is this, hear me out. Last year Sanchez's biggest problem was taking care of the football. He fixed that this year (from 23 to 14). This year his biggest problem was inconsistent accuracy. If (seems pretty plausible to me) he fixes that this off-season, what weaknesses will he have as a QB? He has the arm, legs, and mind of an elite QB, it just takes a little time to put it all together. Year 3 is when we will start to see it all clicking
If that's the truth, then Freeman and the young Bucs might be dangerous.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have come around a bit on Sanchez and I give him some serious props for his game tonight.

He showed some serious toughness withstanding that barrage from Woodley, Harrison, Timmons.

I think he does have a better future than I initially thought.

I like him better than Flacco. He's way tougher than Stafford.
Still not sure where Freeman and Bradford belong.....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

I don't. Not while Brian Schottenheimer is around.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

Quote:

Ummmm....... He has shown both the ability to win his team games and throw 3 TD's. Dropped INT's are a meaningless stat IMO, defenses always drop picks. Ben had 2 picks dropped today, yet everyone will (rightfully) praise him for "making plays when it mattered."

Funy you reference all the games where he made a bunch of mistakes and had to compensate for it by making a throw or 2 at the end. I see the whole complete picture here. In Miami, you threw the game away twice on the final drive..whether you want to count them or not. In Detroit, you lose the game if Drew Stanton falls on the ball and runs the clock. Cleveland..another loss if Stuckey isn't stripped at the end of the game OR if Elam holds onto your interception. Houston was Buffalo Wild Wings. Only the Houston secoondary gives that up. Worst secondary in the league. You see the trends...they had to compensate for him to win...he had to compensate for himself. Even in Indy, he didn't win that game. He was lucky his team was in the game in spite of him. He has his moments and he gets in grooves but he is still extremely streaky, unreliable and still mistake-prone. I count dropped ints...they are there, undeniable, bad decisions dropped or not and I saw Bens tonight..and I saw that Sanchez had 0 too. I won't defend Ben...he had a bad game and the defense bailed him out. I'm not as high on Ben as some people. Very talented QB with a great defense that you never know what you're gonna get from. If Sanchez throws 14 or 15 true interceptions in a season, ill be impressed. Its alarming he made so many mistakes this year though with the offense dumbed down to prevent them. Its nice that he can win a game if his team is put at the 40 and he needs 2 completions for a FG but that's a baby step. John Skelton could do that for you with a 6'5 WR. I'm looking for 4 good quarters of football from Sanchez next year on a consistent basis. Until then, I'm more impressed with the progress of Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman hand-cuffed with less talent.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Funny you reference all the games where he made a bunch of mistakes and had to compensate for it by making a throw or 2 at the end. I see the whole complete picture here. In Miami, you threw the game away twice on the final drive..whether you want to count them or not. In Detroit, you lose the game if Drew Stanton falls on the ball and runs the clock. Cleveland..another loss if Stuckey isn't stripped at the end of the game OR if Elam holds onto your interception. Houston was Buffalo Wild Wings. Only the Houston secoondary gives that up. Worst secondary in the league. You see the trends...they had to compensate for him to win...he had to compensate for himself. Even in Indy, he didn't win that game. He was lucky his team was in the game in spite of him.
Are you ******* kidding me man? So what your saying is that we should discredit all the good things he does and emphasize the mistakes he makes. Sounds like a pretty fool-proof strategy to win an argument. The bolded sentence is where you almost got it right, except that Sanchez has been compensating for the other members of this team

Quote:
He has his moments and he gets in grooves but he is still extremely streaky, unreliable and still mistake-prone.
Yes he is streaky, but that is assumed with a young, inexperienced QB. The few times in his career he has been relied on to win the game, he has come through. Mainly however, Schotty has tailored this offense to not rely on Sanchez to win games, and basically force him into managing the game. Mistake Prone? He had 11 less turnovers this year than he did last year, clearly he is learning to take care of the ball

Quote:
I count dropped ints...they are there, undeniable, bad decisions dropped or not and I saw Bens tonight..and I saw that Sanchez had 0 too. I won't defend Ben...he had a bad game and the defense bailed him out. I'm not as high on Ben as some people. Very talented QB with a great defense that you never know what you're gonna get from. If Sanchez throws 14 or 15 true interceptions in a season, ill be impressed. Its alarming he made so many mistakes this year though with the offense dumbed down to prevent them. Its nice that he can win a game if his team is put at the 40 and he needs 2 completions for a FG but that's a baby step. John Skelton could do that for you with a 6'5 WR. I'm looking for 4 good quarters of football from Sanchez next year on a consistent basis. Until then, I'm more impressed with the progress of Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman hand-cuffed with less talent.
That is nice. You know what else is nice? Throwing for 200+ yards and 2 TD's against the best D in the NFL in the biggest game of your career. Or having 9 TD's vs. 3 INT's in your post-season career. Just because Sanchez has considerable room for improvement doesn't mean he isnt already on his way to becoming a damn good QB

Sig by Me
Old 01-24-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I have come around a bit on Sanchez and I give him some serious props for his game tonight.

He showed some serious toughness withstanding that barrage from Woodley, Harrison, Timmons.

I like him better than Flacco. He's way tougher than Stafford.
Still not sure where Freeman and Bradford belong.....

Not getting injured doesn't make you tougher.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote