Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2011, 06:21 AM    (permalink
Quailman
Rookie

Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCropper View Post
Steve Young without the arm strength and accuracy.
aka not Steve Young.
Quailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Flacco's 2nd season:

In 16 games, 315/499 (63.1% ) for 3613 yards (7.2 avg.) and 21 TDs/ 12 INTs = 88.9 rating

Ryan's 2nd season:

In 14 games, 263/451 (58.3% ) for 2916 yards (6.5 avg.) and 22 TDs/ 14 INTs = 80.9 rating

Freeman's 2nd season:

In 16 games, 291/474 (61.4% ) for 3451 yards (7.3 avg.) and 25 TDs/ 6 INTs = 95.9 rating

Sanchez's 2nd season:

In 15 games, 278/507 (54.8% ) for 3291 yards (6.5 avg.) and 17 TDs/ 13 INTs = 75.3 rating

For sh!tzingiggles

P. Manning's 2nd season:

In 16 games, 331/533 (62.1% ) for 4135 yards (7.8 avg.) and 26 TDs/ 15 INTs = 90.7 rating
*Matt Ryan was injured for most of his second season.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan had a turf toe injury in Late November, IIRC. LINK

How is that most of his season? Was there something else?

Freeman had a fractured thumb on his throwing hand to begin his 2nd season.

LINK

:P

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 01-29-2011 at 02:36 PM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ryan had a turf toe injury in Late November, IIRC. LINK

How is that most of his season? Was there something else?

Freeman had a fractured thumb on his throwing hand to begin his 2nd season.

LINK

:P
He returned before it healed. I don't think it had time to heal until the off-season. Even Matty Ice can't be cool under pressure when you can't move without pain.

Oh and when he returned, Michael Turner was out for the season.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotcha. Thank you, sir.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
He returned before it healed. I don't think it had time to heal until the off-season. Even Matty Ice can't be cool under pressure when you can't move without pain.

Oh and when he returned, Michael Turner was out for the season.
Yes. Matt returned early because he wanted to get us the B2B winning seasons.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Flacco's 2nd season:

In 16 games, 315/499 (63.1% ) for 3613 yards (7.2 avg.) and 21 TDs/ 12 INTs = 88.9 rating

Ryan's 2nd season:

In 14 games, 263/451 (58.3% ) for 2916 yards (6.5 avg.) and 22 TDs/ 14 INTs = 80.9 rating

Freeman's 2nd season:

In 16 games, 291/474 (61.4% ) for 3451 yards (7.3 avg.) and 25 TDs/ 6 INTs = 95.9 rating

Sanchez's 2nd season:

In 15 games, 278/507 (54.8% ) for 3291 yards (6.5 avg.) and 17 TDs/ 13 INTs = 75.3 rating
That's pretty good stuff. I can't wait to get to see Freeman next year. What 2 divisions do the Bucs go against, if there's a season? I like Freeman and can root for him, I just hate Blount.

The thing about the one great year is this: there have been many cases where an NFL QB has one really good season, but never matches it again... Derek Anderson actually looked good in 2007.

Leinart's rookie season was decent. Didn't Tim Couch lead the Browns to the playoffs early in his career?

I hate to do it, but I have to point this out in defense of Freeman: the dude is 1-0 in the NFL versus Aaron Rodgers & the Packers head-to-head.

Forget everything else: That pretty much puts Freeman #1 on this list. :)
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs play NFC North and AFC South next year. And Derek Anderson had 19 ints in his big season unlike Freechise.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Bucs play NFC North and AFC South next year. And Derek Anderson had 19 ints in his big season unlike Freechise.
Derek Anderson's big year was also a less than 60% completion percentage. That is a horrible comparison. If you watch Freeman, listen to him, his poise and work ethic and talent alone just speaks volumes of a franchise QB. Field general that was the leader of the youngest team in the league at 22 years old is unheard of. He just has "it". I only see improvements, not decline.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Pil
Rookie

Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil

ESPN.....

Quote:
Sheer luck buoyed Mark Sanchez's stats.

New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez showed notable growth in his sophomore season, flipping his touchdown-to-interception ratio from deplorable to dependable.

As a rookie, he threw 12 touchdowns and 20 interceptions. Last season, he recorded 17 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. His passer rating increased 12.3 points. Mark Sanchez's interception rate dropped last season --but a closer examination of the numbers shows he was also really lucky. Numbers often can be misleading. Randomness aided Sanchez considerably. Football Outsiders game-by-game research concluded Sanchez led the NFL --by far --in dropped interceptions. Sanchez had 15 of them, three times as many as his rookie season. He had six more dropped interceptions last year than the closest quarterbacks, Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning. Sanchez made 507 pass attempts, far fewer than Palmer (586) or Manning (679). Sanchez threw an interception or had one dropped on 5.5 percent of his throws.

His combination of interceptions and drops were lower as a rookie. Only five of them were dropped for a total of 25, but they accounted for 6.9 percent of his 364 attempts. Football Outsiders' criteria to determine a drop: "We don't mean a defender sort of near the play, or guys who dive and see interceptions go off their fingertips. We mean guys who dropped balls that hit them right in the hands or chest." The other three AFC East starters added together didn't have as many dropped interceptions as Sanchez. New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady won the MVP award in large part for his absurdly low interception percentage. He threw four all season and none over the past 11 regular-season games. Only five of his 492 attempts were dropped.

Even if all of Brady's misfires had been caught by defenders, he would have posted a respectable 1.8 interception percentage. Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick had 15 interceptions and six more of them dropped on 441 attempts, or 4.8 percent. Fitzpatrick's predecessor, Trent Edwards, had some of the NFL's worst numbers. Edwards passed 101 times for the Bills and Jacksonville Jaguars. Five of them were intercepted. Three more would-be interceptions were dropped. That's 7.9 percent of his passes earmarked for the opponent. Chad Henne was Mr. Tough Luck. He led the AFC East and was tied for fourth in the league with 19 interceptions, but only one was dropped. So of all interceptable passes he threw, defenses snagged 95 percent of them.
Quote:
Freeman organizes team camp during lockout.
Sanchez sucks and Freeman will be an elite QB soon if he isn't already.

Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Freeman
Rivers

Last edited by Pil : 03-15-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Pil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pil View Post
Sanchez sucks and Freeman will be an elite QB soon if he isn't already.

Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Freeman
Rivers
Freeman is no where near a elite QB.. Don't even start saying he should be mentioned in the class off Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers and Rivers.

Just the fact you have Rivers and Brees below Freeman shows you know nothing when it comes to football.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Freeman is no where near a elite QB.. Don't even start saying he should be mentioned in the class off Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers and Rivers.

Just the fact you have Rivers and Brees below Freeman shows you know nothing when it comes to football.
Eh, people on this board and in the media didn't hesitate to do it for Carson Palmer, and I have no doubts they'll do it again if Matt Stafford ever decides to stay healthy and produces at a level similar to what Freeman did last year.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Eh, people on this board and in the media didn't hesitate to do it for Carson Palmer, and I have no doubts they'll do it again if Matt Stafford ever decides to stay healthy and produces at a level similar to what Freeman did last year.
not saying he doesn't have the potential to be one, just saying don't crown him after one season..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
they've already done it for Freeman.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Bucs fan, I for one would not put Freeman in the class of Manning, Brady, Rivers, Brees, or Rodgers, or even Roethlisbuerger. Those guys are in their own class right now through experience.

Now does Freeman have the potential to be up there in the next few seasons? Absolutely. The man is dedicated and works his @$$ off. He is a natural born leader who has organized his own OTAs this offseason at local colleges and high schools. He's been working out, watching and breaking down film of 2011 opponents, and throwing to WRs since the week after the Super Bowl. He's on a mission to be great and wants to win championships. I can't see how he won't be a top 5 QB someday with all that talent, work ethic and dedication.

However to put him in the class of those 6 Qbs is a bit too early after he's only started 25 games.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

I am also a Bucs fan, but I think the Freeman hype is all a bit much at this point.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Freeman only plays in the NFL for two years is he still the GOAT?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:07 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
I am also a Bucs fan, but I think the Freeman hype is all a bit much at this point.
People are just excited that's all. Hopefully last season wasn't a fluke and he builds off of that success for a long time.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
People are just excited that's all. Hopefully last season wasn't a fluke and he builds off of that success for a long time.
I agree, hey I'm excited too, the kids shows promise that Buc fans have never seen before at the QB position. However, I think we all need to settle down and stop claiming how "elite" Freeman is. He had a great year, and hopefully there are many more to come. If there are everything else will take care of itself.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To be fair though, at the time, QBing was much worse overall than it is today. You basically had Manning and Brady, and then a slew of guys who, in today's league, would be rounding out the top 10. There was no Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, Ben to even come close to challenging Manning and Brady in the top 2. Saying Carson Palmer was 3rd best in the league just meant saying he was better than McNabb and old Favre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing all these young QB's with great futures ahead makes me wanna say **** YOU Chad Henne you piece of horse ****. **** YOU! You damn ninja robot. Why couldnt you be like these other young gunslingers?????? Damn this stupid Marino curse.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
To be fair though, at the time, QBing was much worse overall than it is today. You basically had Manning and Brady, and then a slew of guys who, in today's league, would be rounding out the top 10. There was no Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, Ben to even come close to challenging Manning and Brady in the top 2. Saying Carson Palmer was 3rd best in the league just meant saying he was better than McNabb and old Favre.
That's a very valid point. And it goes back to my chicken/egg question: are the quarterbacks playing now really that much better or more talented than their predecessors earlier in the past (or even from earlier in this decade)? Or is playing quarterback just way, way easier than ever before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Seeing all these young QB's with great futures ahead makes me wanna say **** YOU Chad Henne you piece of horse ****. **** YOU! You damn ninja robot. Why couldnt you be like these other young gunslingers?????? Damn this stupid Marino curse.
Quote:
Chad Henne was Mr. Tough Luck. He led the AFC East and was tied for fourth in the league with 19 interceptions, but only one was dropped. So of all interceptable passes he threw, defenses snagged 95 percent of them.
Quote:
Sanchez led the NFL -- by far -- in dropped interceptions.

Someone brought this up yesterday...

Sanchez had 15 of them, three times as many as his rookie season. He had six more dropped interceptions last year than the closest quarterbacks, Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning.
Take it FWIW. Henne and Sanchez were on polar opposite ends of the "luck" spectrum.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...sanchezs-stats
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was so frustrating watching half of Eli's INTs go right through his WR's hands and into a DB. So frustrating.

But to get back on topic, I really think Sanchez is becoming underrated. The guy played the postseason with a bad shoulder and still played very well.

And he has playoff success and made late game comebacks both in the regular season and playoffs.

So let's break it down.

Makes comebacks? Check
Elevates his game in the playoffs? Check
Wins in the playoffs? Check
Wins period? Check
Is improving each year? Check

Why is he this terrible quarterback? He's a young developing quarterback who is only now starting to have as many years starting at qb as some of these other young qbs, and has had more success than all of them combined and is improving with each year yet he's trash?
Old 03-16-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
, I really think Sanchez is becoming underrated.
He's been underrated. He's basically an afterthought in this thread right now, and many people seem to think he kinda sucks.

I have little worries about this because by the end of year 3 I expect we'll see alot more people d-riding the crap out of him.

Also, Lol @ that article...While I'm 100% sure that Mark Sanchez was a little lucky at times last year, I'm also sure that one years worth of one number isn't all that significant.

Last edited by SenorGato : 03-16-2011 at 04:00 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a very valid point. And it goes back to my chicken/egg question: are the quarterbacks playing now really that much better or more talented than their predecessors earlier in the past (or even from earlier in this decade)? Or is playing quarterback just way, way easier than ever before?

Take it FWIW. Henne and Sanchez were on polar opposite ends of the "luck" spectrum.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...sanchezs-stats
Hmm....Sanchez....WR drop interceptions....hmm....