Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybeejr View Post
I don't think any of them have played up to expectations this year, and have been surpassed by rookies. I'm disappointed in Freeman more than anyone, granted I have only seen the monday night game. None of them seem to have progressed.
Andy Dalton has played better than Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, and Joe Flacco this year? Yeah, okay.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not all about playoffs. Usually it is.
But Dirty Sanchez has been very good in post-season, somehow, so far.
This year, he needs to start playing better now, fast, to even get that post-season chance again.

True, of these guys, only Sanchez and Flacco have a playoff win under their belts. Of course, their teams are better.... but maybe not in Matty Ice's case as they were the #1 seed last year, and he was a favorite in another playoff loss.
  • Right now, if re-drafting:
  1. Ryan
  2. Stafford
  3. Bradford
  4. Flacco
  5. Sanchez
  6. Freeman
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch, where would you have placed Freeman on that list before this season?

Honestly though, I haven't been able to watch much football due to work the the last few weeks. My opinions are frankly likely outdated.

Last edited by billybeejr : 11-26-2011 at 10:10 PM.
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
It's not all about playoffs. Usually it is.
But Dirty Sanchez has been very good in post-season, somehow, so far.
This year, he needs to start playing better now, fast, to even get that post-season chance again.

True, of these guys, only Sanchez and Flacco have a playoff win under their belts. Of course, their teams are better.... but maybe not in Matty Ice's case as they were the #1 seed last year, and he was a favorite in another playoff loss.
  • Right now, if re-drafting:
  1. Ryan
  2. Stafford
  3. Bradford
  4. Flacco
  5. Sanchez
  6. Freeman
TO put Bradford ahead of Flacco, Freeman, and even Sanchez just shows you don't klnow what your talking about.

Lately, Stafford has been tanking. 11 INTs in 4 games. Teams have been taking away Calvin on him with double coverage and he isn't finding anyone else. Maybe it was CJ the whole time, which makes me wonder.

- Freeman has no coaching staff nor weapons. Playing with a sprained thumb and broke a rib in week 1 against Detroit. Should be no excuses, he has regressed, but 8 of his 15 int's has been through the hands of WRs and into opposing defenses. I've watched every game so far, so I'v e seen every turnover. He's played poorly, but it's not all him.

- Sanchez has been inconsistant, but still better than Bradford. Bradford has done nothing to be deserved to be talked about as better than these 5 QBs.

In my opinion, right now:

1. Stafford
2. Ryan
T3. Flacco
T3. Freeman
5. Sanchez
6. Bradford
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
TO put Bradford ahead of Flacco, Freeman, and even Sanchez just shows you don't know what your talking about.
I've seen enough of Freeman to know he belongs below all those guys.
You could be right, Flacco could go above Bradford. Sanchez is a roller-coaster so anyone can make a case putting him anywhere I guess, except near the top.
You talk about weapons, none of these guys has worse ones than Bradford does. Plus his coach knows nothing about offense.
Quote:
Lately, Stafford has been tanking. 11 INTs in 4 games. Teams have been taking away Calvin on him with double coverage and he isn't finding anyone else. Maybe it was CJ the whole time, which makes me wonder.
If Calvin is being doubled all the time, someone else should be open.
Maybe Stafford's broken finger is a big deal.
Quote:
- Freeman has no coaching staff nor weapons. Playing with a sprained thumb and broke a rib in week 1 against Detroit. Should be no excuses, he has regressed, but 8 of his 15 int's has been through the hands of WRs and into opposing defenses. I've watched every game so far, so I've seen every turnover. He's played poorly, but it's not all him.
Half of Rodgers' int's have been dropped passes too.
And as far as I know, Freejus has the same cast of WRs and TEs as last year, and coach? Unlike Houston losing Andre for half the year or Philly losing DeJack and Maclin for a few games, Romo missing Austin for a bunch, etc.
Quote:
- Sanchez has been inconsistant, but still better than Bradford. Bradford has done nothing to be deserved to be talked about as better than these 5 QBs.
You got me on Bradford... he hasn't shown anything to move up above Flacco.

Quote:

1. Stafford
2. Ryan
T3. Flacco
T3. Freeman
5. Sanchez
6. Bradford
Old 11-28-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still holding out on my list but I have a better much better idea now than a did a couple weeks ago. I want to see how some of these QBs close out their season before I rush with my judgement.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This lockout has probably hurt most of these QBs as well. Matt Ryan, for example, had looked awful throughout the first part of the season. Now, he's playing extremely well.

The Bucs are still extremely young, and although Freeman has regressed, his recievers still lead the NFL in dropped passes.

Flacco needs to be more consistant. He shows flashes of being a top 5 QB against Pittsburgh a few weeks ago, but then tanks against Seattle. Maybe it
's Cam Cameron, I don;t know. But He's still going to be a good QB.

Sanchez, well you never know what your going to get. Last 2 years, he struggled mightily in the regular season, but then picked it up towards the post=season.

Stafford is struggling right now. Does he have a broken finger? Not sure, I don't follow Detroit. People criticize Buc fans when they point out Freeman's thumb and ribs injury, but it's ok for Stafford. I think he's the best one out of the "Young Guns" thread, but is it because he's got CJ81?

Bradford, I'll have to give him another year. I never liked him coming out. I didn't think he was one of those guys that could salvage a Franchise. He just seemed like a QB that could be good in this league behind a good team (AKA Mark Sanchez situation).
Old 11-28-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I'm still holding out on my list but I have a better much better idea now than a did a couple weeks ago. I want to see how some of these QBs close out their season before I rush with my judgement.
Very responsible on your part, as to not rush to judgment and hurt the confidence of these young QBs.

I'd hate you to judge someone too soon, sentence them incorrectly.
Prudent. Thank you.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Very responsible on your part, as to not rush to judgment and hurt the confidence of these young QBs.

I'd hate you to judge someone too soon, sentence them incorrectly.
Prudent. Thank you.
I just don't feel like flip-flopping every 2-3 weeks like most people in this thread. One good or bad game and people barge in this thread claiming X QB is either the best QB ever or the worst.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TO put Bradford ahead of Flacco, Freeman, and even Sanchez just shows you don't klnow what your talking about.

- Freeman has no coaching staff nor weapons. Playing with a sprained thumb and broke a rib in week 1 against Detroit. Should be no excuses, he has regressed, but 8 of his 15 int's has been through the hands of WRs and into opposing defenses. I've watched every game so far, so I'v e seen every turnover. He's played poorly, but it's not all him.

1. Stafford
2. Ryan
T3. Flacco
T3. Freeman
5. Sanchez
6. Bradford
Why is not having weapons an excuse for Freeman but not Bradford who has WAY worse weapons?
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The Bucs are still extremely young, and although Freeman has regressed, his recievers still lead the NFL in dropped passes.
Actually, that title belongs to the Falcons, according to FOX during the game yesterday.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hilarious how last year, the Bucs had the greatest young weapons EVAR, and now they're tearing them down to defend their ****** quarterback.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It's hilarious how last year, the Bucs had the greatest young weapons EVAR, and now they're tearing them down to defend their ****** quarterback.
Plagiarism!
You must have quoted that from someone else -like BeerBaron, Halsey or Brodeur- because that's a smart, accurate statement.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow is still by far better then any one here.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C'mon bucfan12, I'm also a Bucs fan and I love Freeman but please just stop. You're making us look like fools. Josh is just terrible and taking TONS of dumb decisions. I agree our WRs/TEs' performance have been even worse than his' but that doesn't excuse stupid mistakes he keeps repeating like forcing the ball to Kellen ******* Winslow when Arrelious Benn is wide open. Or throwing off his back foot over and over again, game after game. Or fumbling freaking snaps (he has that problem since his rookie year). Or starring down his reciever.

That being said, I refuse to give up on him until I see play under another offensive coordonator. Greg Olson is a moron and I have no idea how he is still in the NFL. Call me a homer here, but I honestly think he is the worst OC in the league. I have never seen an offensive coach as inept as he is.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It's hilarious how last year, the Bucs had the greatest young weapons EVAR, and now bucfan12 is tearing them down to defend their ****** quarterback.
FIFY.

There are tons of Bucs fans who already gave up on Freeman.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
C'mon bucfan12, I'm also a Bucs fan and I love Freeman but please just stop. You're making us look like fools. Josh is just terrible and taking TONS of dumb decisions. I agree our WRs/TEs' performance have been even worse than his' but that doesn't excuse stupid mistakes he keeps repeating like forcing the ball to Kellen ******* Winslow when Arrelious Benn is wide open. Or throwing off his back foot over and over again, game after game. Or fumbling freaking snaps (he has that problem since his rookie year). Or starring down his reciever.

That being said, I refuse to give up on him until I see play under another offensive coordonator. Greg Olson is a moron and I have no idea how he is still in the NFL. Call me a homer here, but I honestly think he is the worst OC in the league. I have never seen an offensive coach as inept as he is.

And boom goes the dynamite.

To be honest though, I'm really worried about Freeman. Some of the stuff he's doing are so common sense, I can't see how a QB who's had a modicum of success in the league can do them as consistently as he has been. I would be willing to say that almost every good pass he's thrown this year has been when he'd stepped into the throw like every damn QB is taught - and when he does that he still throws a damn nice ball and for a play looks like the messiah again.

And I swear to god if the new OC just implants an electrical device that shocks Freeman every time he throws to tripled covered K2 instead of wide open Benn, he will already have done more good for the team than Olson ever did.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
And boom goes the dynamite.

To be honest though, I'm really worried about Freeman. Some of the stuff he's doing are so common sense, I can't see how a QB who's had a modicum of success in the league can do them as consistently as he has been. I would be willing to say that almost every good pass he's thrown this year has been when he'd stepped into the throw like every damn QB is taught - and when he does that he still throws a damn nice ball and for a play looks like the messiah again.

And I swear to god if the new OC just implants an electrical device that shocks Freeman every time he throws to tripled covered K2 instead of wide open Benn, he will already have done more good for the team than Olson ever did.
I'm not ready to give up on Freeman just yet. He's still one of the better young Qbs in this league. He's regressed, I've said that before. But if you learn anything in this league, even after a player who is in there 3rd year as a starter, that's still too early to throw the towell on them.

The year he had last year is not a fluke. He put up elite status numbers right there that only a QB with elite measurables can put up. I think his problem is right now, coaching, his lack of confidence in other WRs (He locks on to Winslow and Williams too much, where 12 of his 16 INTs have been to Williams/Winslow combined), dropped balls (Winslow, Williams, and Benn are in the top 6 in the LEague in that category), and the offense never expanded. They still run and dink and dunk. Offense is still too predictable. Every time they pass, defenses know because the Bucs take Lagarette Blount out for 99% of there pass plays. Teams kow there formations. I think it'd be hard for Tom Brady to succeed in Greg Olsens offense.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
The year he had last year is not a fluke. He put up elite status numbers right there that only a QB with elite measurables can put up.
Him or Cassel?
I thought both put up similar numbers.
Remember, Derek Anderson had a great year too.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet no one was saying Olsen was the worst OC in the league last year! Oh how opinions can change so quickly...
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I bet no one was saying Olsen was the worst OC in the league last year! Oh how opinions can change so quickly...
Tampa Bay really has problems. Lotta excuses coming from down there.
For the QB, the offense, WR's, the team, the lack of ticket sales, etc.
Their economy is the worst, etc......

I think it's safe to say the rest of us won't be fooled (again in my fuqing case) to draft Freeman or Williams next year.

My Packers did their best to get them on track though.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Tebow is still by far better then any one here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well now that Stafford is sitting at 4500+ passing yards and 36 TD's he's pretty much blown the doors off of this poll. It should be obvious now why everyone was voting for him even when he was hurt.

I think I'm leaning towards Joe Flacco at #2 right now. I think he's still got alot more room for growth then Matt Ryan does and that's just m/o, not going to act like I have a ton of tangible evidence to support it.

He still may have some wtf games but even Stafford does too, he's impressed me considering the defense isn't what it was when he was a rookie and his weapons are pretty lack luster. Torrey Smith being there is giving him an element that he never had before and he has the clutch gene in him.

These playoffs will solidify where I put him. Ravens should at least be in the AFC championship game with a good shot at the SB. I want to see if he can put the team on his back through a playoff run or if he's just along for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well now that Stafford is sitting at 4500+ passing yards and 36 TD's he's pretty much blown the doors off of this poll. It should be obvious now why everyone was voting for him even when he was hurt.

I think I'm leaning towards Joe Flacco at #2 right now. I think he's still got alot more room for growth then Matt Ryan does and that's just m/o, not going to act like I have a ton of tangible evidence to support it.
Good call on Stafford.
I still can't put Flacco above Ryan, but it's close enough that these playoffs could sway my vote.

LOL @ anyone who voted (seriously) for Freeman or Sanchez. As #1.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

He still may have some wtf games but even Stafford does too, he's impressed me considering the defense isn't what it was when he was a rookie and his weapons are pretty lack luster. Torrey Smith being there is giving him an element that he never had before and he has the clutch gene in him.

These playoffs will solidify where I put him. Ravens should at least be in the AFC championship game with a good shot at the SB. I want to see if he can put the team on his back through a playoff run or if he's just along for the ride.
I still think the people who voted for Matt Ryan were justified. In no way would I say Matt Ryan's stats are better than Stafford, or even comparable for that matter. Stafford, on the stat sheet, is all around better than Ryan.

With that being said, Ryan still is playing well, and has been pretty much since he entered the league. That's not something you can say about Stafford with all the injuries. Is Stafford better right now? Certainly. Is he better in the long term? probably. Was he better before this season though? no.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote