Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
It most definitely is not.
Unless gifsoup sped it up all on its lonesome, it wasn't by any significant degree.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Unless gifsoup sped it up all on its lonesome, it wasn't by any significant degree.

Restart the youtube video as he crosses the 30 in the .gif. That gives the youtube a bit of a head start and the .gif still finishes first. Not a huge difference, but I'm not crazy!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, you're right, I think gifsoup compacted the frames a big, speeding it up. I more said what I said so that people wouldn't think that insane speed at which that ball travels 20 yards was greatly exaggerated.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Your mind goes to weird places.
You have no idea... :)
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Yeah, Jeff George launched some absolute rockets in his day.
His arm is definitely stronger than George's. We are talking Russell, Vick, Doug Williams, Farve, Elway and perhaps Matt Stafford. People here are overrating George's arm slightly. It was one of the strongest no doubt, but not as strong as the other. The thing with him is that the ball came out so quickly and cleanly, but for sheer velocity, the others I mentions were a half notch stronger. I am SHOCKED no one but me is mentioning Doug Williams. When he was at Tampa, balls would routinely bounce off of receivers pads as they misjudged the speed.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 11-10-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

I'm not sure how you can make any kind of determination. I'm old enough that I saw most of the guys being discussed in this thread in their prime. Vick certainly has one of the strongest arms I've seen, but I can't say his arm is significantly stronger than Jeff George's was in his prime, or Elway, or whoever else you want to throw in the conversation.

Vick does make some of his throws look just effortless though.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably. Vick has a ************* cannon. He really always has. His deep ball has always been a thing of beauty. But no, Jim Mora/Knapp figured it'd be best to put him in an offense dominated by short and intermediate routes.