Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will be the number one pick?
Enes Kanter 7 7.07%
Perry Jones 14 14.14%
Kyrie Irving 49 49.49%
Harrison Barnes 19 19.19%
Other 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it might have to do with the fact he has been so hyped for so long and has yet to be able to workout in front of NBA people.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually compare him favorably to Greg Monroe even more than Tristan Thompson. Other than the lefty factor he has that same type of vision passing although he's not as strong as a rebounder. I actually think having him and Monroe together wouldn't be the worst thing. They might suffer some defensively but offensively that gives you two bigs who you can run your offense through.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see it now, a Pistons front-court of Daye, Motiejunas, and Monroe... Good lord no. I like Motiejunas as a prospect quite a bit and I agree his inside scoring doesn't get the attention it deserves, but he doesn't really fit on the team. Chad Ford is usually really accurate with his Pistons info and he's said that there are 5 guys on the radar: Walker, Vesely, Valnciunas, Biyombo, and Thomspon. I think he's even said that Walker is the favorite if he lasts but I'm not quite sure about that.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I can see it now, a Pistons front-court of Daye, Motiejunas, and Monroe... Good lord no. I like Motiejunas as a prospect quite a bit and I agree his inside scoring doesn't get the attention it deserves, but he doesn't really fit on the team. Chad Ford is usually really accurate with his Pistons info and he's said that there are 5 guys on the radar: Walker, Vesely, Valnciunas, Biyombo, and Thomspon. I think he's even said that Walker is the favorite if he lasts but I'm not quite sure about that.
Maybe they wanna switch Stuckey back to SG, since they aren't going anywhere with Gordon, and Stuckey has played somewhat better while at SG. Walker would give them a true PG.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Maybe they wanna switch Stuckey back to SG, since they aren't going anywhere with Gordon, and Stuckey has played somewhat better while at SG. Walker would give them a true PG.
Oh I understand taking Walker I just wasn't sure if that's actually what Ford said, I heard from somebody else since I don't have Insider. Walker would be a fine choice.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bertrans is officially staying in the draft. Probably means a team in the lottery is looking to draft him.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Looks like Mirotic is staying in too. Chad Ford says they'll be late-first picks.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Walker is far from a TRUE PG....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Walker is far from a TRUE PG....
He didn't play like one at UConn, but he has the ability to be one. He was the best player at UConn so he had to be the #1 option. Great passer, ball-handler, and knows how to lead a team.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:17 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my first ever attempt at a NBA mock draft, hope it's decent...

1 Cavs- Kyrie Irving PG Duke- When it comes down to it I think the Cavs have to go with Irving here at #1. He is the #1 prospect and can give them a PG to build around and replace Baron Davis.

2 T'Wolves- Derrick Williams SF/PF Arizona-It seems like it is a given the T'Wolves will move Michael Beasely if this pick does indeed happen. Williams is the only other star type prospect in this draft, but he still does have alot of question marks.

3 Jazz- Brandon Knight PG Kentucky- After trading Deron Williams the Jazz will be in need of adding their next PG. Devon Harris is servicable, but Knight is by far the best value left after the the top 2.

4 Cavs- Enes Kanter C/PF Kentucky- This is probably the Cavs dream senario if they stay at 1 and 4. Kanter would provide the Cavs with a big time threat at C to go along with Hickson and Varejao in the rotation.

5 Raptors- Kemba Walker PG UCONN- At this point in the draft you might see teams going with BPA, even if we are only at pick #5. Walker does though upgrade the Raptors at PG over Calderon.

6 Wizards- Jan Vesely SF/PF INT- It is starting to become clear the Wizards are likely either going with a SF or trade up for Kanter in the draft. I opted with Vesely over Leonard since he has a lot more potential and will fit the fast paced tempo of the team.

7 Kings- Jimmer Fredette PG BYU- I've been calling it for the past few weeks, and now a lot more draft sites are catching on. Jimmer was very impressive at the workouts( making the front office members and Maloofs laugh with his rediculous number of shots he was able to make) and it the most logical fit at guard.

8 Pistons- Jonas Valanciunas C INT- The Pistons are in need of talent at the Center position and Jonas could be what they are looking for. He is solid enough of defense and has nice post up skills to make it in the NBA.

9 Bobcats- Kawhi Leonard SF San Diego St- With Stephen Jackson likely gone, SF will be a big need for the Bobcats. Leonard can give them a similar type production that Gerald Wallace brought to them before he was traded.

10 Bucks- Tristan Thompson PF Texas- One of the things the Bucks could use is some athleticism down low. Thompson could provide just that right away on defense, and eventually become a decent offensive player down the line.

11 Warriors- Bismack Biyombo C INT- Mark Jackson said the Warriors want to play defensive minded basketball. Well adding a prospect like Biyombo to start as a shot blocker next to David Lee would be ideal.

12 Jazz- Alec Burks PG/SG Colorado-After adding Knight, the Jazz will need to add a SG that can play well next to him. Burks fits the mold, as a very solid all around type prospect that can be a good compliment to Knight in the back court.

13 Suns- Marcus Morris SF/PF Kansas- The Suns lack a SF/PF that can consistantly score and Morris can bring that to the table for them. I can see Morris impacting the team early and likely getting a starting spot over Frye.

14 Rockets- Jordan Hamilton SF Texas- Other than Martin the Rockets dont have a scoring threat out on the perimeter. Hamilton can score in many ways and I think he starter over Budinger at SF at some point in his rookie year.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:20 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice mock except the Warriors just spent a top 10 pick on Epke Udoh, not sure why they'd draft Biyombo. Marcus Morris, Chris Singleton, and Alec Burks make sense there.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more i see of Jimmer, the more i love the kid.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to add a guy like Alec Burks. Too bad we have no picks. But hey, maybe we can get lucky and shop some guys around for a 1st rounder. Doubtful, but I can dream.

I would love to re-build, all while keeping Dwight, but that doesnt look likely at all. Otis Smith has really put Orlando in a pretty ****** situation right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my effort

1. Cleveland Cavaliers- Kyrie Irving, PG, Duke, Freshman
I think Derrick Williams remains a real possibility, as the Cavs have Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions, but you just don't turn down a potential franchise point guard, unless there is a franchise center, which this draft doesn't have.

2. Minnesota Timberwolves- Derrick Williams, F, Arizona, Sophmore
David Kahn makes my heart race, but it looks like they are leaning towards moving Beasley and taking Williams, which is the right move. Williams is the better player.

3. Utah Jazz- Enes Kanter, C, Kentucky, Freshman
This seems to be a major point of contention, but I'm not sure why. It should be Kanter. Al Jefferson is simply unreliable, and size will always win out when all other things are equal. He also happens to be the most talented.

4. Cleveland Cavaliers- Jonas Valanciunas, PF/C, Lithuania
A lot of people don't know this, but Cleveland has a huge eastern European population. This is why Big Z was such a popular player. If they can resolve the buyout issues, and Kanter isn't available, I think this is the pick.

5. Toronto Raptors- Brandon Knight, PG, Kentucky, Freshman
I think Jan Vessy is an option here, but the Raptors need a point guard. I like Knight over Walker, but who knows what the Raptors think.

6. Washington Wizards- Jan Vesely, F, Czech Republic
Probably a forward here. I like Vesely's versatility more than Kwahi Leonard.

7. Sacramento Kings- Kemba Walker, PG, UConn, Junior
Or Brandon Knight. Whomever the Raptors don't take.

8. Detroit Pistons- Tristan Thompson, Texas, PF, Freshman
I like Thompson as a post compliment to Greg Monroe, but they could honestly go in all sorts of directions. I think the Pistons are the biggest wildcard of the lottery.

9. Charlotte Bobcats- Kahwi Leonard, SF, San Diego State, Sophmore
The Bobcats need a replacement for Gerald Wallace. I like Leonard over Chris Singleton and Marcus Morris.

10. Milwaukee Bucks- Alec Burks, SG, Colorado, Sophmore
I like Burks here, although I'm already starting to lose interest by this point.

11. Golden State Warriors- Klay Thompson, SG, Washington State, Junior
I'm a Thompson fan, I think he'd be a good compliment to what the Warriors are already doing.

12. Utah Jazz- Chris Thompson, SF, Florida State, Junior
Eat **** Jimmer!!!

13. Phoenix Suns- Marcus Morris, F, Kansas, Junior
Can Morris play the 3? Even if he can't the Suns need help at both forward spots.

14. Houston Rockets- Bizmark Biyombo, PF, Congo
Because you've gotta have a Bizmark.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hoping that somehow, some way, the Raptors and Jazz both pass on Brandon Knight, leaving him to fall to the Kings at #7. Apart from D-Dub and Ky-ving, he is my favorite player in the draft and I feel he would be a great player next to Evans.

Can you imagine a small lineup with Brandon The Dark Knight, Marcus Mighty Mouse Thornton, Ty Reke Havoc Evans, Bomb-ri Casspi (the only bleh spot) and Demarcus Run DMC Cousins all on the floor at once? I'm giddy all over just thinking about it.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
To be honest there is no real concrete explanation for it which is strange considering he had a good season. I think some of it has to do with the fact that hes been on the draft radar for so long. Scouts have nit picked him to death. He doesnt have that same mystique and perceived upside as Vesely and Biyombo, however as a player I love him and think hes the top international player all around in this draft. Sure hes not a freak athlete like Vesely but to me he has a defined position in the league as a 4. Hes not Dirk but hes not Darko or Yi either. His post up game and strength inside is vastly underrated. Honestly Id love him on the Wizards at 6, I prefer him to Tristan Thompson and Markieff Morris although they both have better defensive ability. Right now Id say his ceiling is 6 and his floor is 17 and the Knicks but who knows really. Cant see him falling past Charlotte at 19 though. Really any team in the 6-20 range can justify taking him. Id find it hilarious though if Colangelo took him at 5, lol to pair with Bargs, Ed Davis, and Amir. He's not quite the shooter of Bargs or Gallo but he's still a great shooter. He's basically Yi with more toughness.
I agree. I've seen nothing but distaste for Donatas on the internet but I'm glad that you share the same thoughts because you're the only NBA draft expert I trust. There's a lot of talk about his passion for the game but his all-around talent level is much higher than Valanciunas', yet JV is seen as a potential top 5 pick even with the shaky buyout situation. I don't understand basketball scouts, to put it simply. DM is 7', a talented passer and ball-handler, looks smooth offensively in the low post, has good shooting mechanics and has plus quickness and agility for his size. The only weaknesses I saw are an inability to elevate and a lack of bulk - he needs to fill out.

As a Raptors fan DM is obviously not under consideration, like you said. I hate the current make-up of the team with lazy Europeans like Calderon and Bargnani. I hope we draft Kemba Walker because he can turn around the attitude of the team and the style of play. We need a leader and winner instead of the quiet, passive "stars" of the past like Bosh and Bargnani. Walker will fit in well with DeRozan, James Johnson, Amir Johnson and Ed Davis to give us an athletic team that can play in transition. Nothing is more frustrating than Calderon slowing down the team and refusing to pass the ball. With Walker in the fold, we can try to move Calderon and Bargnani and add a SF in next year's draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Personal preference but I've had Kemba over Knight for a while. That's probably not how it goes down because Knight at #3 is a huge possibility but in the moment Knight is no more than a jump shooter. As a PG his passing skills aren't great and he has no left hand which is an issue. He is a work in progress. The tools are there for him to be a good defender, great shooter, and decent distributor but right now Kemba can step in and lead a team. I've always said it but if I were the Cavs I'd take Derrick Williams #1 and Kemba Walker #4. IMO those two picks make them good immediately and have low risk factors. I honestly don't see great enough upside to take Kyrie #1 when you consider that you will have your choice of Knight or Kemba likely at 4, plus you already have a slew of "serviceable" PG's in place in B-Diddy and Sessions. That's just me though because I know some view Irving as a potential gamebreaking franchise PG, I simply don't see that. I think he will be a solid 15+7 type guy but I don't see the next great PG. I don't see that in any of this years PG's, but Kemba to me has the most potential to be an X-factor.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Walker and Valanciunas are my top two targets for Detroit right now. After those two I wouldn't mind Vesely, Biyombo, or Thompson. I think the only locks to go before Detroit are Irving, Williams, Knight, and probably Kanter although I'm lower on him than most. STRIP said it best in that the Pistons can go in a lot of different directions. The five I first mentioned are the ones we're reportedly interested in and I'm expecting at least two of them to be available, but I'm not sure which one we'd take first unless Walker is there.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Nice mock except the Warriors just spent a top 10 pick on Epke Udoh, not sure why they'd draft Biyombo. Marcus Morris, Chris Singleton, and Alec Burks make sense there.
Is Udoh a Center though? I think adding another defensive big man to go along with Lee who is a scorer would be the smart thing to do. And since Monta and Curry usually the players in control of the ball the big men don't really need to be scorers.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BAM BAM BIGALO!

1. Cleveland Cavaliers- Derrick Williams, F, Arizona, Sophmore
I'm predicting as the draft nears that Williams will ultimately become the pick of the Cavs. He has the ability to become the most dominant player in this draft and will help erase the loss of Lebron better than Irving, who imo is not an elite PG prospect. You don't win Championships riding the shoulders of your PG. Williams is the star here. Make no mistake. If they go Irving, they simply are making a mistake.

2. Minnesota Timberwolves- Kyrie Irving, PG, Duke, Freshman
This is not the situation the Wolves are hoping for. Teams are not interested in paying the price to move up for Irving because other PGs like Knight and Walker can be had for a cheaper price. T-Wolves take Irving here and try to shuffle their roster later...but don't look for Irving to be traded. Rubio better not unpack all his things...

3. TRADE: Toronto Raptors via Utah Jazz- Enes Kanter, C, Kentucky, Freshman
Colangelo trades up to nab Kanter. He has stated that wants to add more size and a legit Center to the roster and Kanter fills that void. His love for Euros pushes him to trade up. Utah is fine trading down because they are still in position to take one of their 2 favorite PGs.

4. Cleveland Cavaliers- Brandon Knight, PG, Kentucky, FreshmanLanding Knight and Williams is a brilliant strategy for the Cavs and they will reap great rewards. Knight is plenty talented enough to be a top PG in the league one day and help facilitate this team's rise back to the top.

5. TRADE: Utah Jazz via Toronto Raptors- Kemba Walker, PG, UConn, Junior
The Jazz trade down and still land one of the 2 PGs atop their wish list. There's less pressure on them since they did not have to decide between Knight and Walker, and that's just the way they like it. No one can blame them for taking the wrong guy now. Not sure what the Raptors give up to move up, but you can bet it will be a hefty price too. Utah is slap happy.

6. Washington Wizards- Kawhi Leonard, SF, San Diego State, Sophmore
The Wizards have a team that still lacks real substance. They have a lot of guys who want the ball in their hands and guys who want to jack up shots, so adding a guy like Kawhi who has the makings of a great defender and rebounder will help balance things out for them.

7. Sacramento Kings- Jimmer Ferdette, PG, BYU
Sure, it's a slight reach... but the Maloof's are lost in love with Jimmer-mania. Don't be surprised to see them land him on draft day... it could also happen in a trade down.

8. Detroit Pistons- Bismack Biyombo, C, International
There are more highly touted European prospects available, but Dumars has sworn against himself that he would never pull another Darko Milicic again. On the other hand, he had tremendous success when he brought Big Ben aboard. Biyombo is the Big Ben of this draft. I fully expect Dumars to draft him here.

9. Charlotte Bobcats- Jonas Valanciunas, PF/C, LithuaniaThe Bobcats have a new GM Rich Cho. Cho would love to infuse the Bobcats with some sorely needed size and interior presence. Kwame Brown, Joel Przybilla and DeSagana Diop are a pathetic trio.

10. Milwaukee Bucks- Tristan Thompson, Texas, PF, FreshmanThompson is the best player available and the Bucks simply need talent at any position. Mbah a Moute is an undersized PF who is a FA and Drew Gooden is a joke. Sanders and Ilyasova are NBA backups. Pairing Thompson with Bogut builds a nice tandem.

11. Golden State Warriors- Jan Vessely, SF, Czech Republic
In order to keep up in the West, the Warriors have to continue to add size. Vessely has slid in this draft, but if he's here, Jerry West will gladly endorse the pick.

12. Utah Jazz- Alec Burks, SG, Colorado, Sophmore
The Utah Jazz can come away with their future backcourt by pairing Burks with Walker. Burks is an ultra smooth guard who would provide some silky groove to the music the Jazz are making. They are set in their frontcourt and PG, so adding a wingman is the likeliest choice.

13. Phoenix Suns- Marcus Morris, F, Kansas, Junior
Morris makes the most sense here of the guys available. He's a definite lottery talent and he'll be able to help the Suns out in a variety of ways. Especially since Channing Frye avoids the paint like the Bubonic plague.

14. Houston Rockets- Chris Singleton, SF, Florida State, Junior
The Rockets don't address their biggest need, but it would be a reach if they did. Singleton has been gaining steam throughout the draft process, but I barely consider him a lottery type talent. He makes it by a hair.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is not the situation the Wolves are hoping for.
What does that mean?

Getting Irving would be pretty ideal. Who do you think they would have taken if they won the lottery? haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-14-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still trying what team I should root for...
thoughts?

and in case you didn't know this is my first year paying attention to the NBA (more like 3 months) but I have really fell in love with it. So far I like a few teams, but really can't find one I wanna root for. Lakers, Heat, Boston is out of the question and I refuse to fully support any team from texas. As you can probably tell, Im willing to jump ships on pretty much any other team lol. MAKE YOUR CASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Still trying what team I should root for...
thoughts?

and in case you didn't know this is my first year paying attention to the NBA (more like 3 months) but I have really fell in love with it. So far I like a few teams, but really can't find one I wanna root for. Lakers, Heat, Boston is out of the question and I refuse to fully support any team from texas. As you can probably tell, Im willing to jump ships on pretty much any other team lol. MAKE YOUR CASE!
Root for the Knicks.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Go for an up and comer or a team that's currently re-building, so you can watch them grow. Be a Cavs fan. lol. They're about to pick up two of the top four players in this upcoming draft. Kings suck, but have a lot of talent. Washington and the Clippers have some really exciting young talent as well. Jump on their bandwagon while it's empty. I'd also add the Grizz...they had a fantastic run in the playoffs this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-14-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I am actually leaning towards the Raptors for some strange reason. Demar Derozan is my favorite player in the NBA hands down, but not really much else to like them being from canada and all....

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote