Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will be the number one pick?
Enes Kanter 7 7.07%
Perry Jones 14 14.14%
Kyrie Irving 49 49.49%
Harrison Barnes 19 19.19%
Other 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bargs could play SF a lot easier than Ed Davis could although both lack the foot speed to play defense on the perimeter. If I'm the Raptors I trade Bargs for a true PG or SG/SF depending on where you want to play Derozan then draft Jonas or Biyombo at 5.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor is the Kings have narrowed it down to 3 prospects(Fredette, Vesely and Leonard). I personally still hope we opt for Jimmer, but I wouldn't be upset if Vesely was draft. He would give us more size and a ton of potential as SF/PF. I like Leonard as a prospect but I don't like the fit at all on the Kings.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Rumor is the Kings have narrowed it down to 3 prospects(Fredette, Vesely and Leonard). I personally still hope we opt for Jimmer, but I wouldn't be upset if Vesely was draft. He would give us more size and a ton of potential as SF/PF. I like Leonard as a prospect but I don't like the fit at all on the Kings.
Why would you want your team to effectively throw the 7th pick and about 3 million dollars in the trash? I wouldn't touch Fredette before the 2nd
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Why would you want your team to effectively throw the 7th pick and about 3 million dollars in the trash? I wouldn't touch Fredette before the 2nd

In this draft? I challenge you to name 30 prospects you would rather have than Jimmer. At the least he's going to be a bench sparkplug who can turn momentum and give you instant offense.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would never give a guaranteed contract to a Mormon.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, i don't get the Jimmer hate. The dude's about a pure shooter as you can get. If Miami had him on their squad, they probably win the NBA title. With plenty of work and energy to concentrate on defense, you could make him a pretty good perimeter defender as well. He's gonna be a good scorer. Ideally you want him on a team that already has their starters set so he can come off the bench, but he'll be good regardless of where he ends up.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I take the Jimmer Challenge YO?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Can I take the Jimmer Challenge YO?

Go for it, but you won't be correct.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Go for it, but you won't be correct.
I don't hate Jimmer at all but here we go 30 guys I would rather have out of this draft other then Jimmer. Or the guys I like more then Jimmer list.

1 Kyrie Irving
2 Derrick Williams
3 Enes Kanter
4 Jan Vesely
5 Jonas Valanciunas
6 Brandon Knight
7 Kemba Walker
8 Alec Burks
9 Kawhi Leonard
10 Donatas Motiejunas
11 Klay Thompson
12 Chris Singleton
13 Bismack Biyombo
14 Reggie Jackson
15 Darius Morris
16 Jordan Hamilton
17 Marcus Morris
18 Markieff Morris
19 Marshon Brooks
20 Kenneth Faried
21 Tobias Harris
22 Tristan Thompson
23 Iman Shumpert
24 Nikola Vucevic
25 Tyler Honeycutt
26 Charles Jenkins
27 Trey Thompkins
28 Josh Selby
29 Jeremy Tyler
30 Norris Cole
Old 06-16-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can list a thousand players if you'd like, the fact of the matter is that Jimmer will have more success and impact on the NBA level than the majority of those players.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
You can list a thousand players if you'd like, the fact of the matter is that Jimmer will have more success and impact on the NBA level than the majority of those players.
I don't hate Jimmer at all. I just wanted to see if I can take Yo's challenge. I think those players I listed can be successful in the NBA. Can Jimmer be as well? Sure but I think its dependent on the team and his role.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
Yeah, i don't get the Jimmer hate. The dude's about a pure shooter as you can get. If Miami had him on their squad, they probably win the NBA title. With plenty of work and energy to concentrate on defense, you could make him a pretty good perimeter defender as well. He's gonna be a good scorer. Ideally you want him on a team that already has their starters set so he can come off the bench, but he'll be good regardless of where he ends up.
not good off the ball, looked slow to me (not just because he's white), doesn't have the size of a 2, terrible shot selection and i think he needs to be a high volume shooter to score, bad defense. i think the tournament game against florida was pretty telling. all of those concerns showed up. he put up 32 but it wasn't an efficient 32. at the very best i think he's ben gordon, which isn't bad, but he's known for being inefficient.

the 2nd round thing was an exaggeration, but there are at least 10 guys i'd look at before him.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Quote:
not good off the ball, looked slow to me (not just because he's white), doesn't have the size of a 2,
He's a PG..?

Quote:
terrible shot selection and i think he needs to be a high volume shooter to score, bad defense. i think the tournament game against florida was pretty telling. all of those concerns showed up. he put up 32 but it wasn't an efficient 32. at the very best i think he's ben gordon, which isn't bad, but he's known for being inefficient.

the 2nd round thing was an exaggeration, but there are at least 10 guys i'd look at before him.
Shot selection and perimeter defense will improve with scheme and with coaching. That shouldn't be that big of a worry, since you aren't just gonna put him on the floor with the basketball and give him free reign. It won't be BYU anymore. If you compare him as a complete prospect versus the rest of the draft pool, then i guess i can see where you'd take guys with bigger athleticism and upside ahead, but when you factor in needs and how rare a shooter like him comes around, it's not crazy to see him go in the 6-10 range.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I didnt know there was this much hate on Jimmer. Jimmer would be exactly what we need on the Kings. We are one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the NBA and adding a guy who can not only make a 3, but create his own shot is ideal. A rotation or Tyreke/Thornton/Udrih/Fredette gives the Kings 4 different type of guards that should all play well together. Add in Jimmer's positive attitude to a team thats has guys like Cousins and Donte Greene, hopefully he could help them. Also you have to factor in that Fredette would bring more of a fan base to the Kings, who are in desperate need of money for the new stadium.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the celtics... i think its going to come down to 3 players for their pick.....

1. Marshon Brooks - he would be the ideal pick, but its not going to happen. He isn't going to fall. I honestly think he will go #9 to the Bobcats.

2. Malcom Lee- great defensive guy that Danny Ainge always love. A future backcourt that includes Rondo, Bradley, and Lee is one of the best defensive units in the league. Obviously, Lee would play the 2.

3. Jeremy Tyler- Big guy with enormous potential. Has a good motor and plays good defense. Will improve dramatically in the mental part of the game with KG taking him under his wing.

thoughts? Other sleepers I could see the Celts taking: JaJuan Thompson, Trey Thompkins, Nolan Smith, Chandler Parsons

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Boston was looking to trade that pick. Hopefully Orlando wil call about it. haha. Then we can take Marshon Brooks...if he was available, which I doubt. But still. :)

I may be tempted to take Mirotic if I was Orlando with that pick, actually.

I just want some fresh blood. Preferably a young 2 that could score. But I'd be happy with damn near any PG, or an athletic/shooting 3/4.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I heard Boston was looking to trade that pick. Hopefully Orlando wil call about it. haha. Then we can take Marshon Brooks...if he was available, which I doubt. But still. :)

I may be tempted to take Mirotic if I was Orlando with that pick, actually.

I just want some fresh blood. Preferably a young 2 that could score. But I'd be happy with damn near any PG, or an athletic/shooting 3/4.
yeah i heard that too. Chad Ford actually said Boston called Minny about #2... but the Celtics would have to give up Rondo... and that wouldnt be worth it, obviously... as he is really our only good trade chip at this point

Old 06-16-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

I heard Boston gave Reggie Jackson a guarantee which is why he stopped working out and has not done much of anything after the combine.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm...I really like Reggie Jackson as a "sleeper" guy. I'd hate to see him end up behind Rondo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I heard Boston gave Reggie Jackson a guarantee which is why he stopped working out and has not done much of anything after the combine.
i guess its possible... i mean they drafted our future backup PG last year in Avery Bradley...idk why they would take back to back PGs.... unless they planned on playing one of them at the 2, which would mean having an undersized player at the 2 if that was the case

Old 06-16-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
i guess its possible... i mean they drafted our future backup PG last year in Avery Bradley...idk why they would take back to back PGs.... unless they planned on playing one of them at the 2, along with having an undersized player at the 2 if that was the case
Well Avery Bradley is more of a SG then a PG.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avery Bradley is not a PG though, he' s a 6-3" skinny SG.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

i know, i said they could play him at SG.... but would they want to have an undersized SG play the 2? I am not so sure about that... but hell i could be completely wrong lol

Old 06-16-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

personally.... I would rather have a backup backcourt of Bradley-Lee then Jackson-Bradley

Old 06-16-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Or Boston can just sign a vet to backup Ray for a year and let Avery continue to develop in the D-League.