Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will be the number one pick?
Enes Kanter 7 7.07%
Perry Jones 14 14.14%
Kyrie Irving 49 49.49%
Harrison Barnes 19 19.19%
Other 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Steals don't tell you how good a guy is defensively. He is too slow to hang with any NBA PG, and he cannot score at all.

Only for Punk. And Husky Harris.
He's not even slow. You're just making up stuff at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRACpf7w_kA - Iso D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX5DHy4q8c4 - Help D
Old 06-20-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
He doesn't suck at defense. 106 steals in 70 games. He knows how to stay with the ball handler. Now his low-post defense is a different story, but that's not rare with point guards.
So that is what 1 steal a game? there are bench players in the NBA who average 1 steal a game.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It really is, I hope Minnesota isn't that stupid. By all accounts Derrick Williams could be a stud, why aren't they happy to take him? They got Rubio, so Irving is no need, DW makes perfect sense yet they want to trade him, along wtih 1 of the seldom good young players they have.
Cause they have five players at PF, and they're not gonna win with Flynn. D-Will would just be Beasley with a better attitude/drive. Irving has the highest potential out of everyone in the draft, and that's what the Wolves should be focusing on. They need upside, not help right away.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The Cavs are shopping that #4 pick hard apparently. But I still think they favor Kanter at 4. He just had another workout with them today.

I heard they favor Jonas over Kanter actually, but it sounds like there is some trouble with his buyout.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He sure as hell isn't quick. And really, two short video examples?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
What do you guys think of the Bogut for #2 overall rumors? Pretty sure the Bucks came out and said they're false. But still, interesting conversation. Have fun trying to out rebound Love/Bogut. haha. Bogut's a fine talent, but made out of glass, however. If you're willing to wait, they'd probably just be better off drafting Kanter.

More than likely we probably wont even see any of these rumors come to fruition. But they're fun to discuss. I just hope for at least a little current NBA player movement during the draft.

I have no idea why the Bucks would do that, but I would jizz myself if we got Bogut for #2. Love/Bogut would complement eachother very well and Bogut could make up for Love's defensive deficiencies. Also provides us with more a post scorer which Love really isn't.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cause they have five players at PF, and they're not gonna win with Flynn. D-Will would just be Beasley with a better attitude/drive. Irving has the highest potential out of everyone in the draft, and that's what the Wolves should be focusing on. They need upside, not help right away.
That's kinda my point. I'd rather be trying to trade Beasley, vs trading DWILL + another building block on their team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He sure as hell isn't quick. And really, two short video examples?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that on rotoworld, too...but I dont really buy it. Whatever the case is, they should end up with one of the two. Unless they deal that pick away.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that on rotoworld, too...but I dont really buy it. Whatever the case is, they should end up with one of the two. Unless they deal that pick away.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
So that is what 1 steal a game? there are bench players in the NBA who average 1 steal a game.
Watch those videos I posted. And I didn't know that benchwarmers in the NBA play in the Euroleague also. Cause you know, both leagues play exactly alike. They focus more on passing in the Euroleague, so you could say that's it harder to get steals over there.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I do, actually. He's abnormally popular around here. Probably the most popular player (more than Mauer and Peterson).

Love is a good fit for the town. I see him out at local places frequently; he just doesn't seem to be a big city guy like Lebron or Melo. If the team is still trash by then, sure, he could move. But I think that's the only reason.

With all that said, however, it's still a ******* awful trade. #2 for Gasol would be reasonable.
How long have you been from Minnesota? I always thought you were from Illinois until this post. What's the big idea?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watch those videos I posted. And I didn't know that benchwarmers in the NBA play in the Euroleague also. Cause you know, both leagues play exactly alike. They focus more on passing in the Euroleague, so you could say that's it harder to get steals over there.
I don't need to watch anymore Rubio videos. Its easier for him to get steals over there just using his length and jumping into passing lanes compared to what he will have to do in the NBA.

Ya there are NBA bench warmer type talents that play over seas as well as the great Ricky Rubio. So to average 1 steal in Europe is not a great indicator that he is a good defender.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
How long have you been from Minnesota? I always thought you were from Illinois until this post. What's the big idea?
I lived in Ohio for the first 24 years of my life (chose the Bears over the Browns because my family knew the Paytons and also the Browns are trash). I've lived in Minnesota for the last five years.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would say Irving is one of the safer picks but he's not the guys with the greatest potential, probably not even top 5 in potential in this draft.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I lived in Ohio for the first 24 years of my life (chose the Bears over the Browns because my family knew the Paytons and also the Browns are ******* AWESOME!!!). I've lived in Minnesota for the last five years.
Fixed it for you.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, i don't think Irving has the most potential. Not even for PGs. As far as raw talent goes, i'd put Brandon Knight over him.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Does anyone know how Miami supposedly lost all these draft picks? I thought since they got the big 3 in FA, and then proceeded to trade Beasely, they would be alright on picks. All I hear is they are in dire need of picks now and in the future.
Cavs ended up doing a sign & trade with LeBron

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
Yeah, i don't think Irving has the most potential. Not even for PGs. As far as raw talent goes, i'd put Brandon Knight over him.
I don't foresee a great NBA career for Mr. Knight. I think he could be a better Jamal Crawford... maybe.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't foresee a great NBA career for Mr. Knight. I think he could be a better Jamal Crawford... maybe.
Will never be as good of a shooter than Crawford. But Knight does have a 6'6" wingspan, which will certainly help his scoring. Nothing sticks out for him, but he really doesn't have any negatives either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I would say Irving is one of the safer picks but he's not the guys with the greatest potential, probably not even top 5 in potential in this draft.
Not having the most potential is debatable, but you can't say that he doesn't have top 5 potential. The only thing that could get in his way is that injury, and if it wasn't for that, he'd be a lock for #1.

And if you like stats, his TS% was .708 before the injury, and .681 after (which is still great).
Old 06-20-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I heard they favor Jonas over Kanter actually, but it sounds like there is some trouble with his buyout.
yeah, if Jonas isn't the pick at 4, it's because of buyout complications, not because they like Kanter. I heard they had Kanter in for a 2nd workout b/c they were left wanting after his first one. You would think that if they like a guy enough, that they would take him anyway even if he has to skip the 2011-2012 NBA season.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the upside of Jonas, and how bad Cleveland will be for another few years, I don't think they should blink at taking him if they really like him. 1 year isn't really a huge deal for them, they have alot more rebuilding to do, it's just about getting the right pieces in play now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So duck standard pundit draft rhetoric, who is going to be the best player from this draft? My money us 9n Burks.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go Kyrie, boring but I don't think it's wrong

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I'd go

1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Kanter
4. Jonas
5. Kemba