Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will be the number one pick?
Enes Kanter 7 7.07%
Perry Jones 14 14.14%
Kyrie Irving 49 49.49%
Harrison Barnes 19 19.19%
Other 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 players in the late first who will be studs in the NBA: Norris Cole and Marshon Brooks.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts by NBA gurus on Lighty, Buford, or Diebler?

I think that Lighty and Diebler both have a chance. Buford is a no brainer if he leaves. Late first rounder.

I still think Lighty would make a fantastic WR or TE in the NFL.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
2 players in the late first who will be studs in the NBA: Norris Cole and Marshon Brooks.
One thing that makes me question Brooks is, while he's super productive in the best conference in the country, his supporting cast is pretty bad, he has to do it all there, and they don't win. How's he going to adapt to a more realistic role at the NBA level? Very different players but similar situation to Dominique Jones coming out of USF last year.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see him as a 6th man Jamal Crawford role. Not saying he's an allstar or great starter, but I think for where he will be drafted he will be a productive NBA player compared to all the busts that will be in the top 20. Norris Cole however is a guy I am not afraid to say I believe has allstar potential. I think he compares favorably to a tougher Stephen Curry. I'm obviously higher on him though than most but I just love his game. Pretty good passer, good rebounder for his size and a picture perfect jump shot. His 41 points, 20 rebounds, 9 assist game against Youngstown State is one of the better PG performances I've seen in a long time.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:24 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bump. I'm looking for the best draft site out there. I haven't found a single draft site that compares to a site like this. Apart from Draft Express and the horrid NBAdraft.net, where can I find NBA draft info?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

It will be so orgasmic if we could get Harrison Barnes to play alongside Wall. Barnes has put himself in consideration for the top pick again. I still think he's too mechanical and lacks great natural quick twitch athletic ability, and his ballhandling is pretty cruddy, but he has prototypical size, a picture perfect jumper, and seems like a really good kid who is always improving. I compare him to Rudy G at UCONN at the same point. With work he can develop into a Joe Johnson type pro. Barnes, Irving, and Derrick Williams are the only guys I consider worthy top 5 picks. IMO in a regular draft Sullinger would be a late lottery pick. As for Perry Jones I just don't like his game. Reminds me too much of Anthony Randolph. Does a bunch of things pretty good and shows sick potential but doesn't appear that he will ever put it together. Too weak to play in the post, not quite skilled enough to be a constant perimeter threat. I think best case scenario is Rashard Lewis. Alec Burks is the one quiet name which has allstar potential. I expect him to have a Paul George type draft stock rise. Two guys I find extremely overrated for the NBA are Fredette and Kemba. I really think late first guys like Marshon Brooks and Norris Cole will out perform them on the next level. I'm a big fan of Kawhi Leonard, I think he will be a very good role player. The two Kentucky boys Jones and Knight IMO are the two biggest boom or bust players. My big sleeper pick other than Cole is Justin Harper. I think he's a future NBA starter. The guy who I think will be overdrafted is Kenneth Faried. I love him as a player and am rooting for him but he is so undersized and limited in skill. I think his stats are a big result of his level of competition. He is the kind of kid who can shock us and become a good pro but I think he's more of a Renaldo Balkman type than a Rodman.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Jimmer Fredette going to be picked.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Williams isn't a pure shooter. I think he's just going to be a role player in the NBA. Has a good 3-point percentage because he takes quality shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Okay now the Bulls have two picks in this terrible draft. Kenneth Faried and Klay Thompson baby!!!! WOOOOO... *goes and cries in the corner*
Faried would be a steal if the Bulls ended up with him. He's the DeJuan Blair of this draft. Bulls don't really need any more big men, but Thomas is aging, and the others get injured often.

@SeanTaylorRIP: Every single year a player falls to the second because they're undersized, and then they become a steal. Millsap, Landry, Glen Davis, Marcus Thornton, Budinger, and Fields are all victims. Faried better not be one this year.

Last edited by Docta : 03-13-2011 at 03:19 AM.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whatever teams get Marcus and Markief Morris will never regret it.for big guys they are terrific at passing out of double teams
Old 03-13-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Where is Jimmer Fredette going to be picked.
Latter part of the top 10 I think. He definitely shouldn't fall out of the lottery selections...he might not bring a whole lot else, but his sniper like shooting ability would do wonders for a lot of teams. Compares to someone like Steph Curry.

I think this is a really ugly early part of the draft though...some guys with potential but no one who I think can step in and be elite right away.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope that the Wolves are strongly considering Harrison Barnes if they can't get Kyrie Irving. The combo of Barnes-Beasley at the 2-3 would be really solid. He's like a better Wesley Johnson.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless the Wolves get rid of Beasley I don't see them taking Barnes. Honestly they should probably take a PG. Flynn is absolute trash and Rubio is never playing in Minny
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course they need a PG, but there's no PG even remotely worth a top 5 pick beyond Irving.

Barnes can play the 2, there's no reason why he couldn't be on the court with Beasley at the same time.

Another option could be Kanter, but I'm more skeptical of him.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Of course they need a PG, but there's no PG even remotely worth a top 5 pick beyond Irving.

Barnes can play the 2, there's no reason why he couldn't be on the court with Beasley at the same time.

Another option could be Kanter, but I'm more skeptical of him.
Well, I assume they see Beasley and Wes as their starting wings of the future.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Wes hasn't earned that.

The Wolves need someone else in the backcourt who can shoot the 3. Johnson was supposed to provide that but he hasn't. Ridnour can, but he's probably not in the Wolves' longterm plans.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
It will be so orgasmic if we could get Harrison Barnes to play alongside Wall. Barnes has put himself in consideration for the top pick again. I still think he's too mechanical and lacks great natural quick twitch athletic ability, and his ballhandling is pretty cruddy, but he has prototypical size, a picture perfect jumper, and seems like a really good kid who is always improving. I compare him to Rudy G at UCONN at the same point. With work he can develop into a Joe Johnson type pro. Barnes, Irving, and Derrick Williams are the only guys I consider worthy top 5 picks. IMO in a regular draft Sullinger would be a late lottery pick. As for Perry Jones I just don't like his game. Reminds me too much of Anthony Randolph. Does a bunch of things pretty good and shows sick potential but doesn't appear that he will ever put it together. Too weak to play in the post, not quite skilled enough to be a constant perimeter threat. I think best case scenario is Rashard Lewis. Alec Burks is the one quiet name which has allstar potential. I expect him to have a Paul George type draft stock rise. Two guys I find extremely overrated for the NBA are Fredette and Kemba. I really think late first guys like Marshon Brooks and Norris Cole will out perform them on the next level. I'm a big fan of Kawhi Leonard, I think he will be a very good role player. The two Kentucky boys Jones and Knight IMO are the two biggest boom or bust players. My big sleeper pick other than Cole is Justin Harper. I think he's a future NBA starter. The guy who I think will be overdrafted is Kenneth Faried. I love him as a player and am rooting for him but he is so undersized and limited in skill. I think his stats are a big result of his level of competition. He is the kind of kid who can shock us and become a good pro but I think he's more of a Renaldo Balkman type than a Rodman.
I actually don't see how Brandon Knight has any type of bust potential although with the extremely poor shot selection of Jones it is very possible he could end up being one unless he has a good disciplinarian head coach.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Wes hasn't earned that.

The Wolves need someone else in the backcourt who can shoot the 3. Johnson was supposed to provide that but he hasn't. Ridnour can, but he's probably not in the Wolves' longterm plans.
Johnson can shoot the 3, he just can't play defense.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wes has been streaky, but when he gets hot he doesn't miss and his shot is just too sweet to not come around. He's shown flashes of greatness he's just so damn inconsistent.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Latter part of the top 10 I think. He definitely shouldn't fall out of the lottery selections...he might not bring a whole lot else, but his sniper like shooting ability would do wonders for a lot of teams. Compares to someone like Steph Curry.

I think this is a really ugly early part of the draft though...some guys with potential but no one who I think can step in and be elite right away.

Steph Curry's PG skills were 1000x ahead of Jimmer's though. Better passer, better floor vision, better basketball IQ, and a better ballhandler. The only things I really see similar between the two is they suck defensively and they can shoot.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Johnson can shoot the 3, he just can't play defense.
Probably because he's a 3 stuck at the 2.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Probably because he's a 3 stuck at the 2.
Exactly this. He tries hard on defense which is more you can say about half of our team he just shouldn't be guarding 2's. He's not nearly quick enough.

Which is why we should deal Beasley.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Pil
Rookie

Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil

Can Perry Jones play the 3? He has the handles, length, and lateral quickness imo.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Exactly this. He tries hard on defense which is more you can say about half of our team he just shouldn't be guarding 2's. He's not nearly quick enough.

Which is why we should deal Beasley.
Michael Beasley has just gotten worse as less efficient as the year goes on. We need to trade him before everyone realizes that he is regressed. And Wes will be better.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Everyone needs to keep their eye on Justin Harper in the tourny. He's basically the mid major version of Derrick Williams and will be a late first-mid 2nd steal. Incredibly effecient and versatile.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Harrison Barnes had somewhat of a consistant jumpshot he would be a top 3 prospect of mine this year. He needs to develop a left hand but he already has the size and speed to start at SF. He gets good looks at the basket, just needs a good shooting coach. I think he will stay another year at UNC though with that promising young team.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote