Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will be the number one pick?
Enes Kanter 7 7.07%
Perry Jones 14 14.14%
Kyrie Irving 49 49.49%
Harrison Barnes 19 19.19%
Other 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2011, 02:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay brooks! hooray brooks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Rudy is garbage. Portland completely owned that trade.
Definitely a head scratcher for Dallas. They could have brought in a guy with worlds of potential in Hamilton, but settled for Fernandez, who shoots horribly.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:48 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
no. son of a ***** people.
"Your language is offensive!"-Allen
Old 06-24-2011, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
What did you expect? Neither Morris or Goudelock are even guaranteed to make the roster, stacking on foreign assets is better than wasting a pick on a Ben Hansborough who you end up cutting after training camp. At least with Chu Chu they can continue to let him develop with Bakersfield along with Goudelock and probably Morris.
Fisher's not useful anymore since they're not gonna use the triangle offense anymore. I think that both of them will end up with contracts. And Chu Chu got shipped to Denver
Old 06-24-2011, 03:35 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* hate David Kahn. Derrick Williams + Marshon Brooks - Michael Beasley - Johnny Flynn. That's all you had to do.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:05 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Sportscenter. Wow, Jon Barry just gave literally the worst analysis I have ever heard. I normally like Jay Bilas, but I think that it's a rule now or something that everyone has to only say good things about the Cavs front office moves now.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:38 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Just watched Sportscenter. Wow, Jon Barry just gave literally the worst analysis I have ever heard. I normally like Jay Bilas, but I think that it's a rule now or something that everyone has to only say good things about the Cavs front office moves now.
Sounds like I want to skip the replay.

Hoping Lighty gets worked out by the Cavs. Still can't believe he didn't get drafted while diebler did.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:22 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How do you guys feel about the Mavs trade? Strip? Funny we ended up with the guy I wanted all along, but traded it. Not sure about Rudy Fernandez fit on the team just yet, haven't seen him too much. I just know I'm kinda pissed about not getting Jordan Hamilton, who shouldn't have been available at that spot anyway. Had he been gone I'd be alot happier.
I'm not going to bash the trade like everyone else, it's clear the Mavs are going to put all the cards on the table the next 3-5 years or however long Dirk plays, then after that it's going to be a rough transition, so I understand the trade. Hamilton does have nice potential but likely wouldn't have made an impact for a couple of years. Ferandez people trash but if he can bounce back can be a very good player for them. His efficiency dipped way down last year but a lot of that had to do with him being a baby and not wanting to play in Portland. I think he'll definitely be motivated next year with Dallas and could even be a starter. He'll definitely have a much bigger impact the next few years than Hamilton would have so it definitely makes sense.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Jonas is nothing like Pau, don't know why they feel the need to make the comparison.
Pau was more of a slasher/shooter early on in his career. He's evolved into a post player. Maybe that's what they were going for...?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do the worst teams always draft multiple guys from UGA lol. In football the bengals drafted A.J and Boling and now its the Clippers in basketball.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Atlanta wins the draft.
So you like the move?
Old 06-24-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Kings current off-season makes me sick.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
So you like the move?
It was a good value pick, but you don't win the draft with one pick. The Nuggets ended up with Faried and Hamilton, and the Warriors with Thompson, Tyler, and Jenkins.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The Kings current off-season makes me sick.
Other than adding Salmons, I really do like our picks. Maybe that's just because I think Jimmer can make it in the NBA. Also Honeycutt has a lot of potential for being a 2nd rounder, similar to Whiteside last year

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Other than adding Salmons, I really do like our picks. Maybe that's just because I think Jimmer can make it in the NBA. Also Honeycutt has a lot of potential for being a 2nd rounder, similar to Whiteside last year
I will agree. However, I would have much rather just stayed at the pick and grabbed Knight than dropping down to take Fredette. I have more faith in Knight than Fredette.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so the nets draft was awesome, right? now we just need a SF so so so badly
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a Cavs perspective, I was a little surprised last night. Kyrie was pretty much the consensus at number one overall and I still think it was the correct pick. With the NBA becoming a perimeter-oriented league again, grabbing a true point that can be the face of the franchise is the smart thing to do. But I was a little confused at four, not going to lie. I had read earlier in the day that the Cavs were interested in acquiring a third lottery pick for Tristan Thompson, but I still thought they were going to pull the trigger and take Jonas Valanciunas at four. Admittedly, I haven't seen much of Valanciunas, but I would've preferred him. From what I hear and the limited tape I've caught, he's a fluid athlete for his size, very long, an active defender, a willing rebounder, possesses a developing offensive game, and works hard. All of that in a prospect with legit pivot size and a frame to grow in a weak class? Sign me up. But I guess the buyout issues with his Euroleague team scared the Cavs away. Okay, fine, he probably won't be able to play next year. So what? The Cavs won't be competing for anything next year but the first overall pick anyway. You don't need him in Cleveland this season. And it appears there's an inevitable lockout looming on the horizon for the NBA. Let him finish out his contract in Europe and get him over here as soon as possible. I still believe that when building a supporting cast from the ground up, you have to take the best available talent, and I feel as though the Cavs strayed away from that philosophy here.

Which brings me to Tristan Thompson. I get it for the Cavs. He fits. Byron Scott wants to run, run, run, and then run some more. He's athletic, he gets down the floor, he finishes, crashes the boards, and displays very good defensive potential as well. My problem with the selection is that his skill set mirrors J.J. Hickson's to a large degree. If I had to venture a guess, I would say the pick is as much a vote of uncertainty with Hickson as it is a vote of confidence in Tristan. Hickson has tantalizing flashes of talent, but makes plenty of mistakes still, he's responsible for defensive lapses too often, and he's a free agent after this season. So, while I don't LOVE this pick, I'll accept it with a caveat. The Cavs need to make another move now. They need to trade J.J. Hickson to the highest bidder for pieces or picks or both at the trade deadline, barring some miraculous improvement from Hickson or extreme disappointment from Thompson. This is a complete rebuilding effort. Rebuilding efforts start by assembling a talented core that compliments each other.

As far as the other two picks go, I was upset with the selection at thirty-two. Not that I don't like Justin Harper, because I do. I think he can contribute in the NBA as a good stretch four and I wouldn't have minded him in Cleveland at all, given the age and future of Antwan Jamison and the fact that our fours and fives are laregly bereft of scorers. Definitely think he can do big things in Orlando next to Dwight. What I was most upset at though was that Chris Grant passed up on Tyler Honeycutt after he fell right into his lap at the top of the second. I'm a big, big believer in Honeycutt. I think he's got better pro than collegian written all over him. He's versatile, he's athletic, he hustles, he defends, he rebounds, he can shoot, and the offense doesn't even stagnate when the ball is in his hands. Yeah, sure, he looks like he's never met a free weight in his life. But that can be addressed with a pro strength and conditioning program. Natural talent can't. Oh, and to top it off, the Cavs needed swingman help badly. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really think this kid is a gem, especially in the secound round of a poor draft. Ugh. I'm still not over it.

Honestly, I hadn't ever heard Milan Macvan's name before last night, so I can't comment too much, but I like the strategy of stashing away foreign prospects with secound rounders and hoping one pans out eventually. Don't know if that's him or not though. Also wouldn't mind bringing in a local kid like David Lighty for a contract. As mentioned, the Cavs need help on the wings and while I don't think Lighty will be anything special in the league, I think he can be a capable glue guy.

When it comes to the Kings, John Salmons + Jimmer over Brandon Knight - Beno Udrih was a big-time head-scratcher to me. I'm not too familiar with the Kings, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that point guard was a definite need for them with 'Reke moving off-ball and thought Knight was a no-brainer at seven. Personally, I'd much rather have Knight over Jimmer, as I don't believe the latter can be successful there long-term while the former can. And taking on a regressing swingman with a bad contract in exchange for a passable backup? Yuck. But, in all fairness, the Kings were the team to stop Honeycutt's slide, so they get bonus points for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so the nets draft was awesome, right? now we just need a SF so so so badly
I was around Jordan Williams quite a bit during his high school days at Torrington. Real nice kid. Wish he was even just two inches taller though. Because at that size, his natural skill set could make him a very productive pro, but being undersized and unathletic isn't a good combination in a league becoming more and more predicated on athletic gifts. Still, I hope he can stick on an NBA roster. He's talented for a big. Just way behind the eight ball when it comes to physical tools. Ultimately, I think his best fit might be in Europe.

I do like Marshon Brooks' scoring mentality though. I think he can be the type of spark plug that comes off the bench for a team and ignites an offense. Dude can flat-out put the ball in the basket.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post

When it comes to the Kings, John Salmons + Jimmer over Brandon Knight - Beno Udrih was a big-time head-scratcher to me. I'm not too familiar with the Kings, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that point guard was a definite need for them with 'Reke moving off-ball and thought Knight was a no-brainer at seven. Personally, I'd much rather have Knight over Jimmer, as I don't believe the latter can be successful there long-term while the former can. And taking on a regressing swingman with a bad contract in exchange for a passable backup? Yuck. But, in all fairness, the Kings were the team to stop Honeycutt's slide, so they get bonus points for that.
This is pretty much the exact situation with the Kings. There are two minor corrections that I would add to this...

1) I don't believe the idea has ever been to get a pure point who will take the ball up the court 90% of the time. I think the Kings have been looking for a guy who can play both off guard as well as do a good job facilitating the offense. They wanted a point guard to share the ball handling and facilitating duties with Evans. They recognize Evans' deficiencies in playmaking ability, but they still see him as one of (if not the) primary facilitators in the offense. Which is why Jimmer works, but I also see Knight as a fit in that role as well (and a player with bigger, better upside IMO).

2) The underlying storyline in this saga is the 10 month deadline the Kings have to get a new building financed as well as the Maloofs' incredible money problems. The Maloofs just dropped from about 90% ownership in their casino (which they built) to 2% ownership. Yeah. They already sold their beer distributorship in New Mexico a couple years ago and they have been trying to move the Kings to Anaheim in order to get an infusion of cash. If the Kings want to stay in Sacramento, they have to have someone who can contribute immediately and they are looking for someone who can bring an energetic buzz to their fanbase. The drafting of Jimmer Fredette is supposed to provide both of these things. If we are looking at a 10 month window, I think we could even say Jimmer wins in both of these categories over Kemba or Knight.

As a basketball decision, however, this whole thing stinks. The only thing I like is that the Kings added Honeycutt and Thomas. I absolutely would have rather taken Knight over Jimmer.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Jimmer can make it in the NBA...but he's still a horrible pairing with Evans. And if they're planning at starting Salmons at SF? Bleh. It's just a really odd lineup.

The Kings actually looked like a team that was a playmaking/truer PG away from making some real noise. AKA a Raymond Felton.

I dont see them growing into anything special with a Fredette/Evans combo. And if the plan is for Evans to remain at the one, then they really **** the bed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think that the personalities of Jimmer and Evans/Cousins will clash in an ugly way. Not that Jimmer is a bad guy, it's just he isn't.....umm......those two...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see too much wrong with the Kings's moves. Salmons has a terrible contract, but it's not like it's going to be clogging their payroll...no free agent worth a crap is going there.

They needed to get a little bigger and a true point would have been a good move, but they're not in terrible shape at all.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

thanks for the info on Williams. and I like what you said about Byron Scott and running cudders. Perhaps he's trying to recreate the 03 Nets with Kyrie running the point, Hickson being his athletic big ala Kmart and having Thompson running the break. Obviously i'm comparing a rookie to a hall of famer, but I think it's the kind of style he's putting together and I must say...I kinda like it
Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Kings had Tyler Honeycutt ranked in the 20s, according to Geoff Petrie, said they were very surprised that he was still available at 35. Guess gaining a lot of value at the top of the second kinda makes up for ******** the bed in the Salmons trade. Eventually we'll hit on one of those high upside wings.. right..? :/
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
Apparently the Kings had Tyler Honeycutt ranked in the 20s, according to Geoff Petrie, said they were very surprised that he was still available at 35. Guess gaining a lot of value at the top of the second kinda makes up for ******** the bed in the Salmons trade. Eventually we'll hit on one of those high upside wings.. right..? :/
I am hoping this means Donte Greene will gone since Honeycutt was drafted. We have seen what Greene can do and we need to get rid of his dumb ass.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I just think that the personalities of Jimmer and Evans/Cousins will clash in an ugly way. Not that Jimmer is a bad guy, it's just he isn't.....umm......those two...
I agree completely, can't believe they overlooked this. Their personalities will clash, play style, pretty much everything. Reke and Jimmer almost seem like the same player. Wasn't Reke tried out at PG too? Then they realized SG was a better fit, I think the same is true for Jimmer.

That and there will be a ton of shots going up between the two and let's see how long before Cousins' explodes on someone for not getting enough shot, or for just waking up on the wrong side of the bed. I'd much rather have taken Knight, or at least a more convential PG who isn't a scoring machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote