Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will be the number one pick?
Enes Kanter 7 7.07%
Perry Jones 14 14.14%
Kyrie Irving 49 49.49%
Harrison Barnes 19 19.19%
Other 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-wp5562

It appears Tanguy Ngombo is actually 26, and not 21 like he said.

Quote:
NBA rules dictate that European players become automatically eligible for the league at 22 years old, at which point they become free agents unless a team already holds their rights through the draft. Since Ngombo had never been selected and his real age of 26 appears to have been a matter of public record, the selection should have never been allowed to happen and may be voided after the fact.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

et tu, Tanguy?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's about to be 27. I say **** it, let him play. They'll probably allow a comp pick next year or something.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kahn: great GM or GREATEST GM?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh definitely greatest of all time.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny enough Derrick Williams and Malcolm Lee are two great picks. If Lee went in the late first I wouldn't have questioned anything, but damn they passed on Marshon Brooks, and Mirotic.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Funny enough Derrick Williams and Malcolm Lee are two great picks. If Lee went in the late first I wouldn't have questioned anything, but damn they passed on Marshon Brooks, and Mirotic.
How about you give us some insight into the potentially freakin awesome 2012 Draft class?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sold on Davis yet, had his meteoric rise with his growth spurt but I've seen a ton of players rated high like him not pan out, he definitely needs to fill out his body and show some more toughness inside. I prefer Perry Jones to him at this moment although Davis will have his chance to prove it. As of today no question Harris Barnes is the top prospect in the draft. I really hope he's been working on becomming an adequate ball handler, because everything else is there for him to be great. Marquis Teague and Kabongo to me are the only freshman I am sold on. Not sold on any of the bigs yet and will need to see the role Rivers develops into. Not a Sullinger fan, I actually think amidst all the freshman hype Terrence Jones will work his way back into the lottery. He will be the team leader and show his all around versatility. I think Gilchrist will end up a top 10 pick, he's an NBA ready player although his upside is limited. Unless Nogueira or Lima have huge develpment over the next year I don't see a lottery international player right now after having so many this year. Rudy Gobert and Linos Chrysikopoulos are two sleeper names watch out for.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the nets need to find a way to get Harrison Barnes because he is awesome and is my hands down #1 prospect for next years draft. i'm a huge harrison fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

When all is said and done I predict Teague to be the #1 prospect but it will be down to team need if him or Barnes goes #1. Teague is a better prospect than Irving. Wroten and Lebryan Nash could be one and done's, Nash especially has lottery pick written all over him. Kabongo IMO will be in college a couple years.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I hope Charlotte gets Kabongo to pair with Biyombo. That would be amazing.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lee is actually a good pick. Reminds me of a smarter Tony Allen.

Derrick Williams...not so much...certainly not for that team. Enes Kanter should have been the pick.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Derrick Williams is a superior player to Kanter, both are PF's, at least Williams gives them versatility. Kanter and Love would be a horrendous defensive tandem. Zero challenges at the rim. I think Kanter at #4 would have been right, I don't even get his fit in Utah either. With their loaded front court if they wanted to go big they should have gone Jonas as they could have waited for him and by then the whole Favors/Millsap/Jefferson situation would be worked out. Not to mention Ante Tomic is there if they want to bring him over even though he nees to continue to add weight to that awesome skill set. I said it before but really Vesely would have been the best pick for Utah. I do like the Burks pick although since they did go Kanter at #3 I think they should have gone with Leonard or Singleton.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heres to hoping bradley beal falls to the celts with their top 10 protected 1st rounder next year...... perfect replacement for ray allen

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

ROOKIE NUMBER TIME:

Brandon Knight #0
Vernon Macklin #20
Kyle Singler is undecided

Old 06-25-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iman Shumpert # 21
Old 06-25-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, thank god we didn't take Kanter. That would have been awful.

Anyone listen to Kahn on Simmons podcast? He actually sounds competent.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:57 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Williams is #7.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post

Kahn's problem is that he's way too smart for his own good. Being in academia, I know thousands of people like this. They are brilliant, but take an hour to order something at a restaurant because they over-analyze everything.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thoughts on what kind of player Mirptic ends up being if he comes over? Loved the idea behind the pick at least, Bulls weren't going to bring in two rookies this year and if he does come over there's a chance you get much more talent than you would have otherwise - that said I only know what I've read about the guy. Also think (from another post) Gilchrist's potential depends on how much he's able to develop a J, if he does and becomes a 3 or even a 2 he could be an absolute monster - big if though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Nikola went at a good place although I do feel he's overrated. You can't argue his level of competition and productivity however this whole thing that ESPN was saying that he's a top 10 pick and future allstar you just have to wait 3 years, is false. He's a good not great prospect. Even if he had no buyout he'd still go after Jonas, Vesely, and Biyombo, probably would give him the edge on Donatas but he isn't the next Dirk or probably even next Bargs. What he is, is a smart player who is highly skilled and can shoot. He won't be be able to rebound or defend in the league however. He is a lot more athletic than you'd think though. If he develops into his body more, he can be a more athletic version of Jorge Garbajosa. Definitely has potential to be a nice role player however I don't see this allstar potential like I've been hearing. I actually personally prefer Bojan, Bertans for me was always overrated and first needs to show he can improve his overall skill set and strength.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 06-25-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post

He's smart and is fairly competent. I think he knows what type of team he wants to put together, but just doesn't know how to get there. He basically wants his team to be the old Sacramento Kings, but he hired Kurt Rambis and let him install the triangle.

I mean, if he does hire Rick Adelman when they let Rambis go, things could be looking pretty good for them (also kind of funny since they sent Jonny Flynn to Houston because he's a great fit in that offense). With Rubio, Wes, Beasley, Williams, and Love as the starting 5... Could work out pretty well.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would totally be down with bringing in adelman. Flynn just sucks. I dont get how he had him above curry and rubio as prospects.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He's smart and is fairly competent. I think he knows what type of team he wants to put together, but just doesn't know how to get there. He basically wants his team to be the old Sacramento Kings, but he hired Kurt Rambis and let him install the triangle.

I mean, if he does hire Rick Adelman when they let Rambis go, things could be looking pretty good for them (also kind of funny since they sent Jonny Flynn to Houston because he's a great fit in that offense). With Rubio, Wes, Beasley, Williams, and Love as the starting 5... Could work out pretty well.
You need Darko, or somebody, in there to play defense.

I agree on the whole, however, that the scheme fits will work themselves out if we install the proper offense and Rubio can be an effective distributor.

I like the Kings comparison, but whereas the Kings had an outside game with Stojakovic, the Wolves have an awful outside game. The best long distance shooters are probably Love and Williams. I think the Wolves need to be more like the Suns under D'Antonio. It's not a recipe to ever win a championship, and this team will always have awful defense as it's constructed now, but there is enough athletic talent to outpace other teams (again, if Rubio is worth anything).

Kahn was smart to blow the entire thing up and start from scratch. I don't have much faith in him to be able to turn it around, but you can at least see how the pieces are coming together if you squint hard enough.

Not every team is, or should be, constructed the same way. This team was an awful fit for the triangle, and I think Rambis was actually the worst move Kahn has made so far.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best outside shooter for the Wolves is Martell Webster.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote