Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will be the number one pick?
Enes Kanter 7 7.07%
Perry Jones 14 14.14%
Kyrie Irving 49 49.49%
Harrison Barnes 19 19.19%
Other 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2011, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
So basically they want to play in the NBA if it's smooth sailing and play with a ton of allstars? Look at Rudy Fernandez he could care less if the Blazers won the title he's whining like a baby because he isn't getting enough playing time to put up stats. Either committ to the NBA or not, it shouldn't depend on situation.
It's pretty much the same thing as American players forcing trades to get on better teams, but international players actually have somewhere else to go, where they are treated better, and already win.

And the T'Wolves should have known that Rubio wouldn't want to play for them. They had a ton of other options too, so it's not like it's Rubio's fault. At least trade his rights away on draft day to get another pick out of it. (Chargers with Eli Manning)
Old 03-27-2011, 02:32 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.nbadraft.net/draft-buzz-3

LOL, after saying last week after they lost he's coming back Tristan Thompson signs with an agent apparently. Maybe a reaciton to Sullinger going back possibly and it being a weak draft. Another example as I listed earlier as a guy who made a foolish statement while mixed with emotions. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sullinger follow suit.
Saw right below that Thomas Robinson is declaring. Not really surprising given the whole situation with his mothers death and everything.

I think he could work his way into the lottery, what about you?

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:38 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rubio is a ******* punk. Fact.

If you don't want to play for a ****** team don't enter the draft. There is no argument.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rarely get an opportunity to discuss any Penn State player even being remotely in the discussion for the draft so I feel the need to bring it up...

What does everyone think about PG Talor Battle and SF/PF Jeff Brooks? I'm sure everyone knows about Battle but Brooks had a really strong senior season and has a great skillset. He's undersized at 6'8" and is a one-year wonder so I don't think he'll get drafted but he's a name to keep an ear out on as I think he could get a shot in someone's camp.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Saw right below that Thomas Robinson is declaring. Not really surprising given the whole situation with his mothers death and everything.

I think he could work his way into the lottery, what about you?
I like T Rob, lottery is a little high probably but he can play in the NBA imo.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I like T Rob, lottery is a little high probably but he can play in the NBA imo.
Ye lottery will be tough just because he never got a chance to shine at KU but i really think he can be a good NBA player. Elite athleticism, great rebounder, and he has one of the most impressive bodies (no ****) that I've ever seen on a sophomore. Great defender and really hustles out there as well. He's raw on offense but thats really the only knock on him as a prospect, if he stays then next year he should be a focal point for KU's offense.

Needless to say i really like this kid as a prospect lol

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get why Kemba Walker isnt picked in the lottery in some mocks after the great season he has had.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I dont get why Kemba Walker isnt picked in the lottery in some mocks after the great season he has had.
In my newest mock I'll have him going #10 to Charlotte. Would have had him going #8 to Cleveland if I didn't already give them Kyrie #1 overall. Still though Kemba won't ever be anything more than average as a playmaker for others. Also he is short. Probably will measure 6-2' at best. Still though his combination of scoring and solid PG skills deserve a lottery spot. He's definitely behind Kyrie as PG's go, and personally I'd take Knight over him because of potential. Knight is a little bit taller/longer, has more defensive potential, probably will be a better shooter on the NBA level, and has already as a freshman shown the ability to run a team calmly and confidently. Can't really compare to Kemba as a freshman though as AJ Price was running point. I'd say Kemba is either the 2nd or 3rd PG taken. I've heard some scouts consider Alek Burks at PG but I don't see him as a PG at all. Any GM who drafts Jimmer over Kemba deserves their junk to be cut off.

My top 5 PG's are as follows:

1) Kyrie Irving
2a) Brandon Knight
2b) Kemba Walker
3) Norris Cole
4) Nolan Smith
5) Demetri McCamey
After that a ton of combo guards who can make the league. I don't really have Jimmer listed as a PG because I don't think he will be one in the NBA. He projects as a perimter ace off the bench who will most likely have to try to guard SG's in the NBA as he lacks the quickness to guard most PG's at the next level.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In my newest mock I'll have him going #10 to Charlotte. Would have had him going #8 to Cleveland if I didn't already give them Kyrie #1 overall.
Who says MJ wouldn't follow the Kahn Model and take point guards with multiple picks in the top 10?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Who says MJ wouldn't follow the Kahn Model and take point guards with multiple picks in the top 10?
Charlotte doesn't have 2 top 10 picks, Cleveland does

Old 03-29-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Charlotte doesn't have 2 top 10 picks, Cleveland does
Well I ****** that joke up.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

lol haha it's ok

Old 03-29-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Here is my 2nd thrown together lottery mock

1. CLE - Derrick Williams, PF, Arizona
2. MIN - Kyrie Irving, PG, Duke
3. WAS - Harrison Barnes, SF, North Carolina
4. TOR - Brandin Knight, PG, Kentucky
5. SAC - Kemba Walker, PG, Connecticut
6. UTA - Jared Sullinger, PF, Ohio State
7. DET - Alec Burks, SG, Colorado
8. CLE - Enes Kanter, C, Turkey
9. MIL - Terrence Jones, SF, Kentucky
10. CHA - John Henson, C, North Carolina
11. GS - Kawhi Leonard, SF, San Diego State
12. IND - Kenneth Faried, PF, Morehead State
13. UTA - Jimmer Fredette, SG, BYU

Old 03-29-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No to SG for the Pistons. We have somewhere around infinity of those already. We need a PG or a big man.. so, give us Anus Cancer instead.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Rubio is a ******* punk. Fact.

If you don't want to play for a ****** team don't enter the draft. There is no argument.
Be happy. You're gonna get a king's ransom for the kid and he's not gonna amount to ****.
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Be happy. You're gonna get a king's ransom for the kid and he's not gonna amount to ****.

Doubt it. Most people know by now that he's not that good.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I doubt they get much for Rubio now. Maybe someone will take a bad contract off their hands.. but I can't imagine many NBA teams would be willing to give up a whole lot for him.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here is my 2nd thrown together lottery mock

1. CLE - Derrick Williams, PF, Arizona
2. MIN - Kyrie Irving, PG, Duke
3. WAS - Harrison Barnes, SF, North Carolina
4. TOR - Brandin Knight, PG, Kentucky
5. SAC - Kemba Walker, PG, Connecticut
6. UTA - Jared Sullinger, PF, Ohio State
7. DET - Alec Burks, SG, Colorado
8. CLE - Enes Kanter, C, Turkey
9. MIL - Terrence Jones, SF, Kentucky
10. CHA - John Henson, C, North Carolina
11. GS - Kawhi Leonard, SF, San Diego State
12. IND - Kenneth Faried, PF, Morehead State
13. UTA - Jimmer Fredette, SG, BYU
Do you think that Sullinger is just blowing smoke when he said that he's not declaring or did you just forget that?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Couple of things on a value standpoint Derrick Williams and Kanter are the BPA at those draft slots but the Cavs do already have Varejao, Hickson, and Jamison on the books. You want to add one stud big man, but two in the top 10 creates too much of a log jam. The Cavs could use a starting PG, SG, or SF. Also don't understand the Raptors pick much. Can't see how they can pass up on Kanter. You don't want Bargs as your starting Center. Drafting Kanter lets Ed Davis or Bargs play the 4. Even a wing makes more sense. They have Calderon, Bayless, and Barbosa who can play some point. Kemba Walker to the Kings is interesting. Probably would work but he is basically Tyreke Evans but shorter. With two ball dominant guys like that not sure how they'd work together. Evans needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He isn't a spot up shooter. Plus they will probably keep Marcus Thornton who is kind of that role. Sullinger has said so far he's staying in school so I guess that could change, but with that said the Jazz in no way should be drafting a big man. They have Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, and Derrick Favors in the front line. Maybe if a big drops to their 2nd lottery pick but they shouldn't be drafting one in the first really at all. IMO drafting a SG+SF would give them a great lineup with the mentioned front line and Devin Harris at PG. Alec Burks or Terrence Jones both would make sense. WMD mentioned the Pistons pick, Kanter would definitely make sense. He and Monroe would be a great duo. Terrence Jones to the Bucks is a great pick as is Kawhi to the Warriors. Henson to the Bobcats is another curious pick(btw I'm leaning towards him staying) I know he's a local kid but not sure the fit makes much sense. You are already paying a crap ton to Tyrus Thomas who is very comparable to Henson not sure you want to make that pick. Even Faried would make more sense as would either of the Morris twins. BTW there are 14 teams in the lottery. Working on my mock draft btw, should be posted tonight

Old 03-29-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Do you think that Sullinger is just blowing smoke when he said that he's not declaring or did you just forget that?
I think he is just blowing smoke...how often do guys that are argued as the potentiall top overall NBA pick go back to school?

Old 03-29-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Updated Mock Draft

First Round

1) Cleveland: Kyrie Irving/PG/Duke: Kyrie seems to be the smartest pick for the Cavs. Baron Davis is not a long term answer. Kyrie is really the only player in the draft with “superstar” potential. Is he on the level as a prospect of Derrick Rose or John Wall? I don’t think so.

2) Minnesota: Enes Kanter/C/Turkey: Could have gone a number of ways with this pick. Obviously Wolves would love to get Kyrie but with him gone I decided to go Kanter. Too early for Knight or Kemba. Two other guys I was considering is Derrick Williams and Harrison Barnes. Williams would be a nice pick but you already have Beasley+Randolph in those hybrid 4 roles. Harrison Barnes I didn’t go with because Wesley Johnson belongs at the 3 and IMO Barnes isn’t convincingly a better player than Johnson. Too early for Burks as well. Kanter is a bull inside, with him at center and Love at PF would create one of the toughest interiors in the association. If only the T’wolves could find a real PG.

3) Washington: Derrick Williams/PF/Arizona: IMO this is a pretty easy pick to make. I know many like Barnes but Williams is a superior player and better fit. Andray Blatche is a complete bum who needs to be traded or released ASAP. Derrick Williams brings exactly what the Wizards front line needs, athleticism, skill, and basketball IQ. I can only dream of getting Williams and finally having a big who knows what it means to pass after they touch the ball.

4) Sacramento: Harrison Barnes/SF/North Carolina: Barnes is perfect for a young team like Sacramento. Donte Green doesn’t appear to be a starter for the future. Barnes fits in perfectly with Reke because of his spot up shooting, and how he won’t be asked to handle the ball a ton.

5) Toronto: Jonas Valanciunas/C/Lithuania: Ideally you’d want Kanter or Barnes but with both gone this was the best available player for the Raps. Only other guy I really considered with this pick is Terrence Jones. Couldn’t go with Burks because he and Derozan together would just be some horrible outside shooting. Jonas would allow Ed Davis to play the 4, and Bargs the 3 if he is still in Toronto. I’d like to see the Raps try to work a deal around Bargs for Granger. Jonas is the player that has risen the most in my mock due to Sullinger possibly staying in school. You’d prefer to keep him over in Europe but IMO even if he comes over right away he’ll be able to block shots, run the floor, and won’t be any worst than Bargs on defense.

6) Utah: Alec Burks/SG/Colorado: I think Burks is a perfect complement for Devin Harris as Harris does have some ability to play off ball. The only thing right now stopping Burks from being a very good NBA player is the range on his jump shot. He definitely has to work on that but between he an Heyward, you’d hope one would develop into a good starting SG.

7) Detroit: Brandon Knight/PG/Kentucky: Instead of reaching on a big man, Knight to me made most sense. I’ve actually compare him to a young Chauncey Billups. Obviously right now his perimter shooting is his best asset but he has shown ability to run point since high school. He also has a ton of defensive potential with his quickness and length. Could have gone Kemba, but Kemba is too similar to what Rodney Stuckey has been.

8 ) Cleveland: Terrence Jones/SF/Kentucky: Best talent available and certainly fit’s a need. Jones can really learn from Jamison how to effectively combine his perimeter and interior skills. He’ll need to work on foot speed to keep up defensively with wings but Jones has as much potential as anyone in this draft. Not a good shooter yet, but does just about everything else well.

9) Milwaukee: Perry Jones/SF/Baylor: Bucks need to go either SF or SG depending on where they want to keep Salmons. Jones is the most talented player available. He will need a lot of time to develop though. He needs to become more comfortable playing on the perimeter as in the NBA he won’t be able to post up guys like in college.

10) Charlotte: Kemba Walker/PG/UCONN: Charlotte needs a ton of help on the front line but I can’t see MJ passing up Kemba. DJ Augustin has not been what the Bobcats hoped he would be. Kemba immediately brings great scoring ability but also some solid PG skills. He’ll need to learn on the fly though as he’d probably be asked to contribute pretty quickly.

11) Golden State: Kawhi Leonard/SF/San Diego State: Golden State has no problem scoring, what they need is defense. Leonard is a long and athletic defender who is very effective slashing through defenses.

12) Utah: Marcus Morris/SF/Kansas: I just don’t see CJ Miles as a long term solution. I think he would be better suited in a 6th man role. Marcus Morris albeit a bit of a tweener has skills to play a number of positions. He reminds me of Joey Graham coming out. I’d like to see him trim down a little bit to improve his foot speed.

13) Phoenix: Kenneth Faried/PF/C/Morehead State: Suns actually already have a ton of solid defensive bigs, but with no talented scoring

14) Houston: Tristan Thompson/PF/C/Texas: Yao Ming is likely done. Houston tried to sign Gortat last summer but failed.

15) Indiana: Jimmer Fredette/G/BYU: Ok I know Larry Bird drafting, Jimmer, it’s too easy. But really the pick makes some sense. The Pacers have a pretty solid starting 5 for the future with Collison/George or Stephenson/Granger/Hansborough/Hibbert. What they lack however is a 2nd scorer to Granger. Jimmer can shoot the ball off the bench. That’s all they need. Jimmer can be a productive NBA player as long as he’s not being asked to be a starting point guard.

16) New York: Donatas Motiejunas/PF/Lithuania: If he drops this far no way is D’Antoni going to pass up on him. Motiejunas is pretty similar to Gallo. Not as smooth with his handle on the perimeter but actually a much better player inside of the 3 point arch.

17) Philadelphia: Markieff Morris/PF/Kansas: Philadelphia’s perimeter rotation is fairly set with Jrue, Turner, and Iggy. The front line needs some beefing up as you can’t expect Elton Brand to continue to stay healthy and play at a high level. There is nothing flashy about Morris but he’s extremely tough inside.

18 ) Minnesota: Norris Cole/PG/Cleveland State: Minnesota needs a PG, bad. I think Norris Cole would be worth the risk. Nolan Smith might be a better defender and more instant contributor, but he projects to nothing more than a backup. Norris Cole is one of the best scorers in the country but also displays some decent PG skills. He also shows a nose for getting rebounds which is incredibly impressive given his size. I’m higher on him than most but I really think he has a chance to be a tougher Stephen Curry.

19) Washington: Jordan Williams/C/Maryland: The best way to build the Wizards is through the front court. Yi will be gone after this year, and hopefully Blatche. With bigs who have such low basketball IQ’s you need to surround John Wall with solid bigs. A rotation now with Javale Mcgee, Derrick Williams, Trevor Booker, Jordan Williams, and Kevin Seraphin should generate a bunch of competition. Ideally in the future you have Williams+Seraphin backing up Mcgee and Booker backing up Derrick Williams.

20) New Orleans: William Buford/SG/Ohio State: After having traded Marcus Thornton for Carl Landry there is an opening for a spot beside Chris Paul. Williams Buford is complete player who appears ready to contribute soon.

21) Portland: Jan Vesely/SF/Czech Republic: With no center available worthy of pickings Vesely is too big of an asset to pass up on. The Blazers have shown a penchant for taking foreign talent, Vesely is another asset for the future to either keep or use as a trading piece.

22) Denver: Justin Harper/PF/SF/Richmond: Justin Harper is like a poor man’s Derrick Williams. IMO drafting him would allow Denver to possibly work a S&T of Gallo. Harper’s inside/out combination is definitely near the top of the draft.

23) Phoenix: Chris Singleton/SF/Florida State: Chris Singleton is a defensive specialist. Long, athletic, and strong. He can guard literally every position on the court. His offense however is incredibly raw at this point in his career.

24) Oklahoma City: Tyler Honeycutt/SG/UCLA: Tyler Honeycutt’s versatility would be incredibly valuable to the Thunder. His defensive ability will probably be his biggest asset in the NBA. He can play SF if he’s in there with Harden or SG if he’s beside Durant.

25) Chicago: Jordan Hamilton/SF/Texas: Chicago needs perimeter shooters bad. Drose can’t carry his team offensively the way he has been this year. In the long run it will be detrimental to his health. Hamilton is an extremely efficient shooter. He needs to work on creating his own shot as well as shot selection but he has a ton of potential.

26) Dallas: Keith Benson/C/Oakland: Tyson Chandler is a free agent I believe and Brendan Haywood is an overpaid mess.

27) New Jersey: Trey Thompkins/PF/Georgia: There is definitely a void at PF since trading Favors. Humphries performs admirably every night but he should not be a starter. Thompkins has a ton of skill for a guy his size.

28 ) Boston: Nolan Smith/PG/Duke: Avery Bradley does not look like a point guard. Nolan Smith has a lot of similarities to Rondo defensively, if he can become somewhat efficient as a point guard he will be a solid backup point for a long time.

29) Chicago: Marshon Brooks/SG/Providence: Another guard who can taking some of the scoring load off of Derrick Rose.

30) San Antonio: Chandler Parsons/SF/Florida: A versatile and complete basketball player he will play whatever role the Spurs has of him.

2nd round

31) Cleveland: JuJuan Johnson/PF/Purdue: Long and athletic Johnson will play in the league for a long time. He’ll eventually take Jamison’s role. You’d like to see him bulk up and get stronger though.

32) Miami: Jeremy Tyler/C/Japan: Potentially a starting front court player for the Heat, still though he needs a lot of time and great tutoring before he can be an effective NBA player.

33) Washington: Tobias Harris/SF/Tennessee: Josh Howard is unlikely to resign, the only SF you have left is Cartier Martin. Tobias Harris has everything you want out of an NBA wing.

34) Sacramento: Thomas Robinson/PF/Kansas: Talented front court player who could potentiall start beside Cousins.

35) Detroit: Rick Jackson/C/Syracuse: A good defensive minded center with long arms and nice one on one defending skills.

36) New Jersey: David Lighty/SG/Ohio State: A shooter to play alongside Deron.

37) LA Clippers: Kyle Singler/SF/Duke: Al Farouq Aminu is a work in progress, Singler wont’ ever be more than an average basketball player but he’s ready to contribute somewhat right from the start.

38 ) Houston: Malcolm Lee/SG/UCLA: Houston lost their scoring dynamo in Aaron Brooks when they traded him to Phoenix, Malcolm Lee to me is not a PG, but with work he can be a good defender and scorer off the bench.

39) Milwaukee: Demetri McCamey/PG/Illinois: Brandon Jennings play has been bad this year. His PG skills are up and down and he’s not strong enough to finish inside. McCamey is inconsistent in his own right but he’s definitely worth giving a shot.

40) Philadelphia: Gilbert Brown/SG/Pitt: Brown is your typical gritty Pitt player. He will definitely push Evan Turner every day in pratice.

41) LA Lakers: Bojan Bogdanovic/SF/Croatia: A player to keep overseas and see if he develops.

42) Golden State: Jerai Grant/PF/Clemson: Athletic big man who can run up and down the court.

43) Chicago: Andrew Albicy/PG/France: You hope one day the Bulls will have an elite backup for Drose. Albicy is not ready for the NBA but he’s the kind of kid who will carve out a backup role in the NBA. Extremely quick with the basketball in his hands.

44) LA Clippers: Jon Leuer/PF/Wisconsin: Solid stretch 4 who will challenge for a roster spot.

45) Indiana: Denzel Bowles/PF/James Madison: Super skilled big man who could end up being the steal of the draft.

46) LA Lakers: Austin Freeman/SG/Georgetown: Perfect fit for the Lakers with his ability to knock down 3 pointers. His foot speed is average defending on the perimeter but taller wings will have trouble backing him down because he’s so strong.

47) Charlotte: Nikola Vucevic/PF/USC: Long armed big man with solid skills. Must get stronger though.

48 ) Memphis: Jeremy Hazzell/SG/Seton Hall: A natural scorer, the future of OJ Mayo with the Grizzlies is in question.

49) Atlanta: Jamie Skeen/PF/SF/VCU: Stretch 4 who can also play some SF, a very good rebounded. Skeen could push Marvin Williams for minutes.

50) New Orleans: Jeff Allen/PF/Virginia Tech: David West could very well be gone, Carl Landry is a free agent I believe as well. Allen is undersized but he can step out and hit J’s, and also is a very active defender/rebounded.

51) Detroit: Tim Abromaitis/SF/Notre Dame: 3 point specialist.

52) Portland: LaceDarius Dunn/SG/Baylor: Dunn can do a lot of things that Brandon Roy can. Create his own scoring opportunities and handle the ball.

53) Orlando: Gary Mcghee/C/Pitt: A big body to give minutes when Dwight Howard is wined or in foul trouble. Mcghee can’t be any worst than Daniel Orton.

54) Cleveland: Vernon Macklin/PF/Florida: Definitely a franchise changing draft. 4 players to rejuvenate the franchise(Kyrie Irving, Terrence Jones, JuJuan Johnson, Vernon Macklin). Vernon Macklin is not nearly as strong of a rebounded as you’d hope but he has some decent post skills, is incredibly long, and a pretty good athlete. Now with Varejao, Hickson, JuJuan Johnson, and Vernon Macklin the Cavs have an incredibly long and defensively strong front court.

55) LA Lakers: Ben Hansborough/PG/Notre Dame: It’s not guaranteed that any of the Lakers picks this year will make the roster, but there could very well be a roster spot for either Austin Freeman or Ben Hansborough. It would be an interesting battle in summer league and preseason. Hansborough is a perfect fit for Phil’s triangle offense with his ability to knock down the 3. I’d give the edge to Freeman though as the Lakers already have Blake in that role.

56) Dallas: Curtis Kelly/PF/Kansas State: Long and athletic big man who can contribute defensively.

57) LA Lakers: Kostas Papanikolou/SF/Greece: Another prospect to stash for the future, the Lakers most certainly won’t make all 4 2nd round picks however.

58 ) Boston: Mike Tisdale/C/Illinois: Boston will be looking for a big body since losing Kenrick Perkins.

59) Sacramento: Shelvin Mack/PG/Butler: A nice combo guard who would be able to play off Tyreke Evans extremely well.

60) San Antonio: Brad Wannamaker/SG/Pitt: Tough nosed guard who will and can do whatever you ask him to do. He would definitely fight for a roster spot.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SeanTaylorRIP again.

Awesome work man!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

I think Stern decreed that Indiana has to take Ben Hansbrough at #45.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
I think Stern decreed that Indiana has to take Ben Hansbrough at #45.
haha, Jimmer+Ben Hansborough, Larry Bird would cream himself

Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
haha, Jimmer+Ben Hansborough, Larry Bird would cream himself
Pacers could deal Brandon Rush to Utah for Gordon Hayward.

Then deal Solomon Jones to the Cavs for Luke Harangody.

After your draft scenario combined with my trades Indy could throw out this rotation

Mike Dunleavey, Jeff Foster, Tyler Hansbrough, Ben Hansbrough, Jimmer Fredette, Josh McRoberts, Gordon Hayward, and Luke Harangody!

It would be a real life Milan High team!

I am sure Gene Hackman is just as good a coach as Frank Vogel.