Yes 16 76.19%
no 4 19.05%
que'? 0 0%
Im fat and cant move 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up Official Golf thread

Any golfers on here? Im not a serious golfer, but Ive always liked it, just bought some good clubs, gonna go golfing this weekend. Theres a nice course not to far from my house, should be fun.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Any golfers on here? Im not a serious golfer, but Ive always liked it, just bought some good clubs, gonna go golfing this weekend. Theres a nice course not to far from my house, should be fun.
im an avid golfer. good clubs. . . what might those be?

btw. all the money in the world can't buy a swing.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
im an avid golfer. good clubs. . . what might those be?

btw. all the money in the world can't buy a swing.
Well, they may not be too nice comparatively, but I like them. They have good weight, nice feel, and fit me well. I like em. Normaly I would just play with other peoples, its nice to have some That fit me perfectly.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Well, they may not be too nice comparatively, but I like them. They have good weight, nice feel, and fit me well. I like em. Normaly I would just play with other peoples, its nice to have some That fit me perfectly.
if you have properly fitted clubs they will exponentially help your game. they help set you up to properly swing the club.

Hitman D
Old 04-24-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
snuff

I use to play, and played a little with friends over the summer, but I have no clubs at college.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

The Greatest Of All Time

Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never actually played a real game but, am looking forward to in the near future. Last year I went to the driving range about twice a week with a couple of friends. Weather is finally nice... I was actually thinking about going to the range yesterday. Gotta get back there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
I use to play, and played a little with friends over the summer, but I have no clubs at college.
here's something i learned in high school but will easily transfer to college.

go to the local country club. not the golf course. COUNTRY CLUB! have a pick-up truck and a friend handy. either you or your friend idle the truck and the other(being you or your friend, whomever is more athletic) "caddy". chuck 2 bags of clubs in the back of the truck and tear ass across the parking lot.

in the end you get.

2 complete sets of clubs, 2 pairs of shoes, lots of golf balls, tees, and possibly golf shirts. ALL IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND OF GREAT QUALITY!

you can do this at a local public links but you dont get half the haul and end up throwing the clubs away anyhow.

Hitman D
Old 04-24-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wait until Romo retires... he'll take the golfing world by storm. If Tiger is still playing, he may need a rival.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-24-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
The Greatest Of All Time

you should know you will be flamed for this. its down to two players. Monty is not one of the 2. you figure it out.

Hitman D
Old 04-24-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
you should know you will be flamed for this. its down to two players. Monty is not one of the 2. you figure it out.

It was obviously a joke. I don't know how it can be taken as otherwise.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

well some of these so called "golf enthusiasts" might as take you serous and we cant have them thinking that a crotchety old Scott is the best now can we?

Hitman D
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I love that pick of Montgomery... kind of looks like BP. ha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I love that pick of Montgomery... kind of looks like BP. ha.
Yea, thats who I thought it was, haha.

Im guessing thats where the tony romo thing came from :p
Old 04-24-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

Quote:
here's something i learned in high school but will easily transfer to college.

go to the local country club. not the golf course. COUNTRY CLUB! have a pick-up truck and a friend handy. either you or your friend idle the truck and the other(being you or your friend, whomever is more athletic) "caddy". chuck 2 bags of clubs in the back of the truck and tear ass across the parking lot.

in the end you get.

2 complete sets of clubs, 2 pairs of shoes, lots of golf balls, tees, and possibly golf shirts. ALL IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND OF GREAT QUALITY!

you can do this at a local public links but you dont get half the haul and end up throwing the clubs away anyhow.
I hope you never did this, thats messed up...
Old 04-24-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Yea, thats who I thought it was, haha.

Im guessing thats where the tony romo thing came from :p
nah...no joke, Romo is a very good golfer. He nearly made the cut for the 2004 EDS Byron Nelson Championship and the U.S. Open. Probably the best golfer in the NFL.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-24-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
nah...no joke, Romo is a very good golfer. He nearly made the cut for the 2004 EDS Byron Nelson Championship and the U.S. Open. Probably the best golfer in the NFL.

Hmm didnt know that:o
Old 04-24-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I had a 6 handicap..... but i dont play much at all anymore
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
I had a 6 handicap..... but i dont play much at all anymore
My handicap would be so disgusting, haha. Seriously, I've only gone to the driving range and of course... i'm trying to hit it as far as i can not working on like accuracy for different distances or anything. I know I would suck but, i wanna play.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-24-2007, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I'm thinking about taking it up since I'll likely end up in business. That said, there are a lot of things about golf I can't stand so I'll have to decide if it's worth the headache.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just started playing about 2 years ago, and I used to be absolutely horrendous. Like abysmal. I used to cheat and shoot a 140 on 18 holes. That's not really surprising, considering I have a baseball background, had no grip or swing, and I was rushing my strokes.

This past winter, I took lessons at the local range/golf course. It was a great deal. 10 weekly lessons for $200. You could only take 1 per week, and if you missed a session, tough luck. My teacher built my swing from the ground up. It took me 8 weeks to really figure it out, but the results were tremendous. I've played 27 holes of golf this season to date. In those 27 holes, I'm averaging a about a bogie per hole (99 on 18 holes, 50 on 9). I consider myself an above average athlete, so I can really hit. It was just the case of developing the proper muscle memory.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do enjoy golf a great deal, of course. My friends and I sometimes play with our own handicap system. If you win a hole, you have to take a shot of tequila. If you split a hole, it's a half shot. The second par 3 of any round, we play closest to the hole off the tee. Closest shot takes a shot. So we don't die, we only play 9 holes under these rules, then we have lunch at the course restaurant to sober up.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-24-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I do enjoy golf a great deal, of course. My friends and I sometimes play with our own handicap system. If you win a hole, you have to take a shot of tequila. If you split a hole, it's a half shot. The second par 3 of any round, we play closest to the hole off the tee. Closest shot takes a shot. So we don't die, we only play 9 holes under these rules, then we have lunch at the course restaurant to sober up.
haha fun. i played similarly. but with beer instead. but it was like i bet i can knock it with in a club length of the hole from the greenside bunker. or long drive contest and the loser chuggs. good times. and yea the only way to really improve is to spend 200 bucks on lessons rather then 500 on a driver 1200 on a set of irons 200 on a putter. if you want to get better practice, but dont practice the same old bad swing otherwise you're just ingraining a terrible swing into your muscle memory. have a golf pro watch or maybe one of your buddies who is fairly decent at the game and have him give you a few pointers.

Hitman D
Old 04-24-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Well, I played for over a year with no idea, but I had spent $500 total on clubs (Calloway knockoff irons, used Big Bertha, and a decent Odyssey putter). I bought the package of lessons and started to improve, then a friend gave me his old 60 degree lob wedge, and my parents bought me a set of Tour Series Fairway Woods (3,5,7). My set is almost complete. I need a 52-54 degree longer wedge, and I'm currently in the market. Does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap (read: under $80) gap wedge?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me, a golfcart,35 golfballs, and a homewrecker of Jack Daniels= golf.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote