Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-22-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If its between that i would go iPhone... HTC phone tend to have terrible battery life and are kinda meh.

If your looking Android and Verizon go either Galaxy Nexus or Droid Razr
Old 12-22-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have was grandfathered in with the unlimited data at verizon. For someone like my roommate or brother who have 2 and 4 gb it might be different.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would kill for 4g speed or faster 3g speed "sigh" . But living at the grand canyon doesn't provide spectacular wifi for online gaming.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm an iPhone fan, but have the Droid X2 for my work phone on verizon. My manager told me about PDANet which allows you to tether your phone. Awesome app.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have it and have now gotten rid of my antiquated Zune... Yes I bought a Zune.
The obligatory post when someone says they have a Zune...

Old 12-22-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey. I liked my Zune quite a bit. So you guys can throw that junk right out of here.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zune is the ****. My next mp3 player will be one. I just keep getting ipods as gifts.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:45 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad Zune is dead. They were nice MP3 players though.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else with verizon experiencing 4g outage? My phone switched to 3g and has been like that all day...?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally decided to end my love/hate lots of hate relationship with T-mobile...switching over to sprint and getting the Evo 3D

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont get the Evo... Galaxy S2!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one get the new Droid razor yet?
Old 12-28-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Anyone else with verizon experiencing 4g outage? My phone switched to 3g and has been like that all day...?
bump because the page monster got my post.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I have 4g currently Vikes
Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

I want 4g but barely 3g in my grand canyon area "sigh"
Old 12-28-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
I have 4g currently Vikes
well wtf. i tried turning my phone on and off, battery pull....

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Verizon customer who has never owned a smartphone...

How can I possibly choose between the Droid Razr and the Galaxy Nexus???

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Well better screen on the Nexus and ICS (Android 4.0)

That alone made me wait for the Nexus. I have it and love it. Vikes also has it so you can get his opinion.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I love my nexus. The only thing i don't love is the battery life. I can't do a whole lot of streaming or gaming on it because of the battery life. I love how smooth and fluid ice cream sandwich is. the screen is also amazing.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Through a complicated set of transactions involving gift cards, lunch, and a tank of gas, I ended up with a brand new Samsung Galaxy S2. I'm pretty damned pumped about it. My G2X was nice, but this is just so much better. Really loving the screen and Samsung's overlay is actually pretty good...although I'll probably screw with it at some point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I love my nexus. The only thing i don't love is the battery life. I can't do a whole lot of streaming or gaming on it because of the battery life. I love how smooth and fluid ice cream sandwich is. the screen is also amazing.
Wi-Fi is your friend. It uses a lot less battery life if you can lock into a signal.

Also, since Android operates off a pull server it uses more to sync up emails, facebook, etc. I've noticed a lot better battery life since I turned the syncs to operate only on Wi-Fi. My instant emails and facebook updates really aren't that important.

Two more settings that could help are choosing a static background (along with auto-brightness) and turning off the vibration on your home keys (haptic feed back). The display is the biggest user of battery and while you can't prevent the display from working you can at least save some battery with something that isn't interactive. Also, anything that vibrates will use batter as well.

I know those are some minor changes, but anything you can do to improve your battery life is a plus.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Thoughts? Suggestions?
The Razr is crap. If you really want the Razr, wait for the Razr Maxx. (2x battery life).

The Galaxy Nexus is superior in every way, though.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was thinking of getting an ipad for school. My grad classes have a lot of videos in the powerpoints, and I feel like having an ipad that I can use to skim through my notes and watch the videos on would be helpful.

Here's the thing though, I'm still printing out lecture notes and writing notes on top of them, I'm just used to studying like this, but I know if I don't have an ipad or equivalent I probalby wont look at the videos, bc I try to stay away from the computer when studying and I'd have to go to a laptop to view the vids.

Here's the thing though, do I go ipad or android? And my max budget is like 300 bucks, past 300 bucks this nice little experiment of mine is totally not worth it. In fact...it's probably not worth it anyway.

But still. You know how it is. When you get ideas in your head. You start surfing, researching etc.

What do you guys think? Ipad or android tablet? And is my budget realistic? Mind you, I'm a big fan of buying electronics off of craiglist, where weed heads will sell their ipods/ipads/macs/ps3 etc that their dad bought them for half price for some weed money.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
max budget is $300? think you already answered your ipad question.
Haha ZING

I will say here I love my Tablet. I got it for Christmas and haven't even touched its capabilities.

BBD if you are getting one look into this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+T...&skuId=4038674

Its the one I have. It is a little more than you wanted wanted to spend but it is fast and has a keyboard dock that adds to an already long battery.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 01-26-2012 at 05:40 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha ZING

I will say here I love my Tablet. I got it for Christmas and haven't even touched its capabilities.

BBD if you are getting one look into this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+T...&skuId=4038674

Its the one I have. It is a little more than you wanted wanted to spend but it is fast and has a keyboard dock that adds to an already long battery.
Hmmm. I'll check into this one. Ultimately, the main use I have for this ipad is for lecture notes on powerpoint, excel spreadsheets, and videos. Like a portable e-notebook that i can use as a study tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
max budget is $300? think you already answered your ipad question.
Why not? I already saw some on craigslist for 250-300 bucks. You'll be surprised how cheap you can get electronics on there. There's always a rich spoiled kid who got one as a gift and sells it on craigslist for half price for some weed money, or a rich manhattan douche that wants to get rid of it for half the price bc he wants the new white one or whatever.

As an example, my cousin (high school kid) sold his ps3 half price on craigslist for weed money, sold the weed, then bought another ps3 for half price off craigslist from another kid who was selling it for weed money.

So yeah...

My other cousin bought a macbook from craigslist from a kid who was selling it for weed money.

I love craigslist. It's great. Forget bestbuy.