Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-17-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iphone is a clean presentation and a great looking phone, but it is just too limited. Sure you can jailbreak it but you shouldn't have to for basic funcitionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm not a fan of the s4. My sister in law has one. It's pretty much a S3 but uglier. And the s3 and s4 have dull screens. I do like the big screens, but they're dull.

My droid X was the biggest POS I've ever seen. I literally wanted to smash it into pieces. It was a dream for a year then just kept crapping out on me.
I had no problems with my droid x after a year. You just must be a jerk to your phone.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nexus 5 or Note 3?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Note 3. Big screen, big battery. I'm buying it when it comes out. I need to get some cash together to buy it outright though.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting the Nexus. I'm just not a fan of the size of the Note. Personal thing though, the Note is pretty well regarded from what I understand. The Nexus will also be a stupid good value on the Play Store if you get in fast enough.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Note 3. Big screen, big battery. I'm buying it when it comes out. I need to get some cash together to buy it outright though.
I am trading my Note 1 for a 3 asap.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gimmie some pros and cons njx

at&t is my carrier btw

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is getting harder and harder to try and hang on for the Nexus.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 5S is coming out. Join the dark side.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be 100% honest the thought was creeping into my mind... but Forenci's massive troubles have pushed that thought far... far away.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't had any troubles with mine. The only issue I had was my first iPhone was defective (first batch was produced too quickly and some duds came overseas) so they just replaced it right away and I'm coasting since then.

And that's coming from a guy who doesn't know much about computers. And my droid X was an abortion. I treat my iPhone the same way I treated my droid and haven't had any problems at all.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will be 100% honest the thought was creeping into my mind... but Forenci's massive troubles have pushed that thought far... far away.
I would just wait. I really REALLY regret not waiting a little longer to get an S4. It's like going from being in college where you have all this freedom and choice to going back to elementary school where everything is strict and they treat you like children.

I use my Nexus 7 way more than I use my iPhone these days. Just so much better.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The s4 sucks. My sister in law has one. I like my iPhone better. The only Android I'd ever consider over the iPhone is the Nexus bc of how smooth it is.

Everything else is just a wannabe.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the nexus 4 and I'm wanting the nexus 5 bad
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I looked up the nexus 5 and I even admit that phone has potential to be amazing.

I'm gonna keep a close eye on it. My next phone is either going to be the iPhone 6 or the latest Nexus for sure.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I would just wait. I really REALLY regret not waiting a little longer to get an S4. It's like going from being in college where you have all this freedom and choice to going back to elementary school where everything is strict and they treat you like children.

I use my Nexus 7 way more than I use my iPhone these days. Just so much better.
Well it was just a thought that was creeping in... I highly doubt I would ever get one.

Right now its probably between the Note 3 and the Nexus 5... the issue is this is exactly the situation I had to deal with in regards to the Galaxy Nexus. Google just continues to drag its feet with the phone and its announcement as I am just ready to upgrade.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty much locked into Nexus 5. T-Mobile doesn't do upgrades anymore without paying them monthly for it(do they seriously think people can't do math?), so if I want a new phone I'm going to have to get it at the right price. For what I use it for, a smart phone just isn't worth $600+ for me. My S II can still pretty much handle what I use it for with a Jelly Bean ROM, but something faster with a nicer screen would be appreciated at this point.

I probably could afford to buy a phone straight out for non-upgrade price if I really wanted to, but at that point I would rather spend a bit more and get a replacement for my semi-aging laptop. Better value proposition for me.

As far as when it's coming, the hot rumor seems to be October 14th. Should be very similar to the LG G2 they're advertising now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the monthly payment it's a cheaper plan than contract upgrades once I switch to their new contractless plan I'd save about 130 a month including expecting monthly phone payment fees.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm pretty much locked into Nexus 5. T-Mobile doesn't do upgrades anymore without paying them monthly for it(do they seriously think people can't do math?), so if I want a new phone I'm going to have to get it at the right price. For what I use it for, a smart phone just isn't worth $600+ for me. My S II can still pretty much handle what I use it for with a Jelly Bean ROM, but something faster with a nicer screen would be appreciated at this point.

I probably could afford to buy a phone straight out for non-upgrade price if I really wanted to, but at that point I would rather spend a bit more and get a replacement for my semi-aging laptop. Better value proposition for me.

As far as when it's coming, the hot rumor seems to be October 14th. Should be very similar to the LG G2 they're advertising now.
The Specs on the Note 3 vs the rumored ones on the Nexus 5 are basically the same. Quad Core 2.3 Ghz, 3 GB RAM.

Really its about waiting for that crisp no burdened UI of the Nexus or getting a bigger screen, not waiting and dealing with the Touchwiz until I can root it.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget Google sucks at releasing hardware. I would wait til the first wave of adopters has the Nexus 5 in-hand and availability is confirmed before getting my heart set on it. I think I will wait til Nexus 6, my N4 is still going strong.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Don't forget Google sucks at releasing hardware. I would wait til the first wave of adopters has the Nexus 5 in-hand and availability is confirmed before getting my heart set on it. I think I will wait til Nexus 6, my N4 is still going strong.
Fair point... that adds another element of waiting and I can only be so patient. I was in the same boat as you since I essentially have the Nexus 3 and now the Nexus 5 is around the bend.

NJX is really the one that has me looking at the Note as he had the same phone as I but for some reason (broke maybe stolen?) was forced to get the Note and he claims to love it.

I utilize it probably the way he does thus making his observations more applicable to my situation. Still really torn but my phone is starting to show its age.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
The Specs on the Note 3 vs the rumored ones on the Nexus 5 are basically the same. Quad Core 2.3 Ghz, 3 GB RAM.

Really its about waiting for that crisp no burdened UI of the Nexus or getting a bigger screen, not waiting and dealing with the Touchwiz until I can root it.
Battery life is another consideration. The Note line has been really strong with their bigger batteries. I hate my phone right now because the battery life its terrible. Not sure how the Nexus 5 will be on battery though.

I'm a freak on batteries. I will probably get something like this 9300mah extended battery

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2243462

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 09-18-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

**** I need wifi to download the update!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah
Old 09-18-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Just make sure it is Apple Approved© WiFi.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 09-18-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Just make sure it is Apple Approved© WiFi.
You can buy their $200 Express router. It does everything every other router does... But its Apple Brand!