Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Women. Women do.

I'm not worried about my minutes limit. I'm fine there. It's the data limit that's killing me.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We text too. And I call after 9. I use my phone for conference calls too and that adds up but usually I'm good at 450.

I'm thinking maybe I can call verizon and threaten to leave them and have my family leave (I pay the family plan for my parents and little brother) if they don't give me back unlimited data.

Im a 14 year customer they should do something for me no?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck trying. They won't give you unlimited data ever again. But if you do get it, please enlighten us all on how you got it back. Because I would love to not be tied down..(even though I don't use even close to 2 GB per month with my girlfriend and i).

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Sounds like I'm gonna have to go to tmobile then.

Crap, which probably means I go back to Android too. Yuck.

Hopefully the Nexus 5 is the troof.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh pretty sure you can use Sim card iPhone with T-Mobile right
Old 10-01-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I think my Nexus 7 is broke haha. Won't stop restarting. I tried the suggestion of the power/volume reboot. Didn't work sadly. Lame.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
Haha, just did this with a tack and a mechanical pencil. I felt pretty baller.

Sadly this didn't work. Guessing it's something else hardware wise that must have broken it. It's so weird. It was fine. I saw it working, unlocked the screen and BAM just has been doing this non-stop.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do it BBD. I still love my N4.

It's not standard but with a rooted phone its not hard to turn on the LTE antenna. In my area HSPA+ is pretty fast so I haven't bothered.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Do it BBD. I still love my N4.

It's not standard but with a rooted phone its not hard to turn on the LTE antenna. In my area HSPA+ is pretty fast so I haven't bothered.
Wait, you can get LTE with the 4? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Ugh pretty sure you can use Sim card iPhone with T-Mobile right
Do I want to pay 800 bucks for a phone? When I can get a Nexus 4 for 200 right now and get everything I love about my iPhone (fast reliable OS) at a fraction of the cost?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, you can get LTE with the 4? How?

Do I want to pay 800 bucks for a phone? When I can get a Nexus 4 for 200 right now and get everything I love about my iPhone (fast reliable OS) at a fraction of the cost?
It's only one band of LTE that doesn't necessarily get broadcast in the US. In Canada it is very popular, but my HSPA+ is faster than my friends LTE when I'm in the city.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a thread on reddit about it. I've never tried because for my needs HSPA+ is great. Video, streaming music, whatever, it's been fine and is usually faster than when I'm on wireless at home.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-02-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

How much is the nexus 5 gonna cost when it comes out?

Any specs/pictures on that bad boy come out yet?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
There’s a Snapdragon 800 with 2GB of RAM, and a 1080p display at 442 ppi that will be enough to impress mobile gearheads and average users alike. The fact that the display resolution is exactly one ppi higher than the Galaxy S4 is amusing, especially considering the 4.97-inch screen is also imperceptibly smaller than the Samsung flagship.

There will be plenty here for specs enthusiasts to toss at one another, but the sealed 2,300 mAh battery should be cause for concern. This is the same sized battery used in the HTC One, and 700mAh less than the LG G2 that this phone is supposedly based off of. We’re seeing a lot of the same corners cut here as were cut with the Nexus 4, which suggests that price will be a focal point for the Nexus 5 as well.

http://www.geek.com/android/new-nexu...ocker-1572325/

http://www.geek.com/android/more-nex...again-1572225/
Old 10-02-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

My Nexus 7 is broke. I is sad.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Is it still under its factory warranty? Call google and find out. see if you can get it replaced.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Page trap.

Quote:

Quote:
There’s a Snapdragon 800 with 2GB of RAM, and a 1080p display at 442 ppi that will be enough to impress mobile gearheads and average users alike. The fact that the display resolution is exactly one ppi higher than the Galaxy S4 is amusing, especially considering the 4.97-inch screen is also imperceptibly smaller than the Samsung flagship.

There will be plenty here for specs enthusiasts to toss at one another, but the sealed 2,300 mAh battery should be cause for concern. This is the same sized battery used in the HTC One, and 700mAh less than the LG G2 that this phone is supposedly based off of. We’re seeing a lot of the same corners cut here as were cut with the Nexus 4, which suggests that price will be a focal point for the Nexus 5 as well.

http://www.geek.com/android/new-nexu...ocker-1572325/

http://www.geek.com/android/more-nex...again-1572225/
Old 10-02-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I feel so filthy thinking about switching out of Verizon and going Android.

Verizon is robbing me blind though. It's complete BS. And I just realized that even if I do make the switch I have to wait a year to do so, bc I don't want to pay the termination fee.

So they pretty much have me by the balls for at least 1 more year.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can you get into the recovery? Boot loops are usually fixable, from what I understand.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
I feel so filthy thinking about switching out of Verizon and going Android.

Verizon is robbing me blind though. It's complete BS. And I just realized that even if I do make the switch I have to wait a year to do so, bc I don't want to pay the termination fee.

So they pretty much have me by the balls for at least 1 more year.
How will they make you pay the termination fee? Are they going to take you to court over $100? Or do they have your CC info and will just charge it?

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-02-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
How will they make you pay the termination fee? Are they going to take you to court over $100? Or do they have your CC info and will just charge it?
They would write it off to collections and the collections agency would take you to court. I've been written off to collections for a $10.00 medical bill before.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I'm guessing they'll just charge my credit card. I have automatic payment set up for my phone bill.

Plus if I ditch it, do I really want the hit it puts to my credit score?
Old 10-02-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Is it still under its factory warranty? Call google and find out. see if you can get it replaced.
How long does this usually last? I haven't had it for a year yet.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Can you get into the recovery? Boot loops are usually fixable, from what I understand.
I can, but I've tried recovery mode and turning it off but it does nothing.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can, but I've tried recovery mode and turning it off but it does nothing.
Unfamiliar with that recovery, but did you have options? Should have the ability to do a factory reset.

Try reading through this and seeing if there's anything you can do. Software issues like that are usually fixable.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
How long does this usually last? I haven't had it for a year yet.
yeah, it still should be under warranty as long as you didn't root it or anything like that. Generally factory warranties last a year, which is why i don't believe in buying extended warranties.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.