Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-08-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rarely go above a 1.3 GB a month. I have WiFi mostly everywhere I would be using heavy data though.

Really getting kind of antsy for news about the Nexus 5 release. Still debating an upgrade, but it would be nice to hear something. Sounds like something is going down for sure on the 14th, but that well could just be announcing when it will be released. Torturing myself for another month trying to decide if I should go through with it or not would be a nightmare scenario for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I"m get the Nexus as my next phone. They are just stuffing hardware into phones just to do it.

Google may have found the price point and hardware use point.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been searching but can find anything about the micro sd card problem ive been having my first 32gb off brand died immediately, got a samsung 32gb class 10 card now this dumbass thing is messing up every few days takes my music and photos and corrupts them all and changes them into multiple folders named Uamera well slightly different looking U, s4 if anybody knows anything about that one after searching for a bit ive come up with ****
Old 10-09-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I rarely go above a 1.3 GB a month. I have WiFi mostly everywhere I would be using heavy data though.

Really getting kind of antsy for news about the Nexus 5 release. Still debating an upgrade, but it would be nice to hear something. Sounds like something is going down for sure on the 14th, but that well could just be announcing when it will be released. Torturing myself for another month trying to decide if I should go through with it or not would be a nightmare scenario for me.
My decision has been made for me... I guess Verizon isn't getting the Nexus as they were terrible with the Galaxy Nexus and apparently have been refusing to activate Nexus 7's on their network.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's amazing if they actually pack that battery into the new Nexus, but I still probably won't buy it.

And I will never give up my TMo $30/month plan. It is awesome.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
ive been searching but can find anything about the micro sd card problem ive been having my first 32gb off brand died immediately, got a samsung 32gb class 10 card now this dumbass thing is messing up every few days takes my music and photos and corrupts them all and changes them into multiple folders named Uamera well slightly different looking U, s4 if anybody knows anything about that one after searching for a bit ive come up with ****
My S4 has killed 2 memory cards as well. First was a 16gb kingston then a 32gb sandisk. The 32gb card barely lasted like 2 months

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The S4 seems like a mediocre offering.

I'm also a pure Android fan anyways, so I'm biased against Samsung's watered down crap OS.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post

I'm also a pure Android fan anyways, so I'm biased against Samsung's watered down crap OS.
I agree, which is why I will be rooting the Note 3 as soon as Kit Kat is released.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do hardware providers bother with slapping their crapware overtop of pure Android? They actually spend money and effort on making their product worse. What am I missing? What is the benefit to anyone? They all do it so there must be some reason.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think Touchwiz is the worst thing in the world. I actually sort of preferred it a few years ago, but vanilla has come a very long way in that time frame. At it's best, it's a nice middle ground between what people who have been long-term iOS users are used to and vanilla. My Mom was able to use my phone when it was fairly effectively despite never having owned any kind of smartphone. I think that's really what they're aiming for. It's always kind of remarkable when you think about it, but you've got to remember a good portion of smartphone users really don't know basic things about the way technology behaves. Their approach may be a bit more user-friendly for those types of people, even if it's at the expense of functionality and frustrating more tech-savvy consumers.

The thing that kills me about the Samsung devices are their attempts to interject their own versions of things. S-Voice in particular, is ******* terrible. Especially when compared to Google's voice search system.

But yeah, for someone with a little bit of time to spend sorting through things, rooting and flashing a ROM will almost always be a better experience on any device. Even on things like the Nexus devices. Most of those tend to be closer to a Vanilla experience. That's the best part of open source software though. Having choices is awesome.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-09-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post

I thought the next best thing was here tho?

#iOS7In2013
Old 10-09-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

S4 + Custom Roms = iOS12. Don't worry BBD you'll have our experience in about 5 more years.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can play the modification game all day. Unlocked iPhone > Everything.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
http://www.howtogeek.com/135663/htg-...and-unlocking/

I think you need to read this.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
... Actually that's very wrong. Fully unlocked S4 DOMINATES the iPhone.

CPU: Quad Core 1900MHz Krait > Quad Core 1300MHz Apple Swift
Memory: 2048 MB RAM dual channel > 1024 MB RAM dual channel
Screen: 5 inches > 4 inches
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 > 1136 x 640 pixels
Battery: 2600 mAh > 1440 mAh

So aside from marketing how exactly is an iPhone > everything? The components in an iPhone fail to stand up to those in an S4. If you consider "unlocked" to mean however you want to run your phone then obviously the bigger and faster one with the bigger battery is the choice.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

My phone is made out of beautiful glass and metal. Yours is made out of plastic.

It's like I'm finger ******* my phone every time I pick it up.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
My phone is made out of beautiful glass and metal. Yours is made out of plastic.

It's like I'm finger ******* my phone every time I pick it up.
#justifying

Although build quality is a big deal. You have a multitude of options to chose from on the Android side though. I'm really struggling with the idea of not being able to replace the battery or add storage on the Nexus. That's a trade off you make for sturdier build quality, unfortunately. Shouldn't be, but it is.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-09-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I feel you man. Android sucks.

I like Nexus though. I'm looking forward to the reveal.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

But not really. If I want expandable storage and the ability to swap batteries over how good the materials feel, I at least have the ability to make that choice. I wish more phones offered a combination of both, but it doesn't seem like anyone has figured out a way to do that yet.

...but really, I'm not sure how much that matters when the vast majority of users just end up tossing their phone is some horrendous case.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-09-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I love the all glass look and feel of the iPhone 4 and the Nexus 4. I know it leads to cracked screens but man it looks and feels great.

There has to be a way to do it. Maybe have the battery inserted sideways into the phone like a cd tray?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so on a not related to android note, I went out to buy an ipad at verizon last night and wanted to take advantage of their "edge" thing. They got everything rang up and told me the terms...$20 finance fee and then I have to pay for the mobile access fee while i am financing it (12 months at $10 per month), and they say they can't finance it because I haven't had an account for 6 months. What. So now I have decided to go buy it at best buy instead of verizon and will still get the version that has sim card access. I bitched a bit on Verizon's facebook page and said that they are losing a lot of money by not financing me for it $140 for finance fee and $550 for the Ipad, and they still said I had to have an account for 6 months. I know I can probably piss and moan a little more and get my way...but that's not how I do things. And clearly, verizon doesn't want my money so I'll go spend it elsewhere.

Dumbasses.

/rant.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just picked up the note 3 and lowered my phone bill and saved about 100 dollars monthly with tmobiles no contractless plan. Also put 0 down for the phone so i walked out the store with just paying for phone taxes

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

This is some BBD tier stuff...but;

I literally don't think I've ever seen a more punchable human being.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-09-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've changed for the better! And it's really nice I was about to be really upset because it wasn't turning on, but then I realized I didn't put the battery in yet. I guess I was too excited to use the phone. Also T-mobile has true unlimited 4G LTE on this phone so I will be netflixing and using pandora all day without worrying about my data. Still playing with it but so far I'm really liking it especially with all this extra screen real estate. First thing I noticed was how much lighter it was compared to my Galaxy S3.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

njx ill give you a full run through over the next couple days as I am grabbing mine tomorrow.