Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-10-2013, 02:25 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting mine soon too. My usb port on my Droid 4 just got jacked today somehow. I now have to pull it at a specific angle to charge. I'm going to get a new one from insurance and then give it to my dad. It should be a nice upgrade from his droid x2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is cool.

Quote:
Google Maps 7.3 For Android Shows Up, Brings Compact Navigation Cards, Better Expanded Notifications, And More [APK Download]

What's New?
Duration, distance, and estimated arrival time in the expanded notification
The expanded notification now carries a lot more information than before. The additions are:
Time to destination.
Distance to destination.
Estimated arrival time.
These definitely make the expanded notification a whole lot more useful.

Much more compact navigation cards
Check out the slimmer, shorter, less bloated navigation cards. You can't even tell at first sight, but the new view contains exactly the same information, except it's much more streamlined. 4 lines turn into 2. 3 into 1. Fantastic.

Discard confirmations
Maps 7.3 will now ask you to confirm discarding what you just wrote while leaving or editing a review instead of just going back and wiping out anything you've typed up.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10...-apk-download/
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Google glass looks pretty cool but they have a long way to go to make it

1. affordable
2. convient and fashionable enough to wear on a daily basis.

They also need to make it for both eyes. Having it on one eye is gonna give you lazy eye.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Google glass looks pretty cool but they have a long way to go to make it

1. affordable
2. convient and fashionable enough to wear on a daily basis.

They also need to make it for both eyes. Having it on one eye is gonna give you lazy eye.
I already have Lazy eye. BOOM! Android still ahead of the curve.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I already have Lazy eye. BOOM! Android still ahead of the curve.
If they made them hipster glasses I'd totally get it. I love my hipster glasses.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so the battery life on this phone is amazing I've been up and using my phone since 7 am and now at about 6 1/2 hours of usage Im only down to 88%. That was with pandora playing throughout this morning.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah but can you facetime?
Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does Facetime accomplish that Skype doesn't? Srs question.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I can do BOTH.

*drops the mic*
Old 10-10-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Facetime is better.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

FACE time. I could see their FACE!

I never use that **** anyway. If I want to see you I'll come see you.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright njx here is what I have for you.

I am about two hours into the Note 3 and I can tell there are some things I am going to love and some that are going to irk me. Truthfully most of this time was installing Nova and fiddling with the phone to get it the way I like it but I have a few take aways.

First off... the phone is fast. I mean really quick. Going from a Dual Core, 1 GB RAM phone to this behemoth is instantly noticeable. My Galaxy Nexus was never really "slow" per say but it would get hung up as I was surfing the internet or really just doing any menial task. I didn't think much of it as I had grown accustomed to it but good lord was I wrong. Even with Touch Wiz and Nova Launcher the Note 3 is fast in everything I have asked it to do. The internet on this vs the GNex is a T1 line to Google Fiber.

Secondly... the screen is freaking beautiful. I was under the wrong impression thinking that it will be better than the GNex but really how much better. Its a lot better. So clear, crisp and vibrant. I am actually having trouble finding a wallpaper I like as it shows the imperfections of what I had on the GNex.

The phone in general looks an feels great. Despite being 6' and built like a fullback the phone is a bit big but I feel that won't be an issue as time progresses. Its interesting as you read reviews online everyone loves the faux leather backing and I can second that. It clearly isn't built of aluminum like the HTC One or Glass like the iPhone but the phone feels good. It's quite lite for the size.

The stylus... or SPen. I really wasn't sure what to think of about this thing to start. It seemed quite gimmicky and why do I need a stylus. Its not a ******* palm pilot. Am I signing for a package? Anyway I am actually starting to like it. The Air Command is pretty awesome and I could see myself really starting to use it at certain times. The ability to draw a window within your current app and open another seems like it could be an invaluable addition.

The downfall... Touchwiz. Damn it I miss my old messaging app, my clock, built in text/ringtones, settings and well stock Android. In fairness though the phone doesn't miss a beat with both Touch Wiz and Nova running on it and I am just being a stickler about nothing but I do miss stock Android. The worst part of it all is if I get attached to the SPen and its Air Command I might end up being forced to keep it.

Overall its quite a solid phone. It might not be the prettiest phone out there but it most likely is the fastest.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought Nova Prime but I ended up using Home Pack Buzz launcher over it classic waste of money.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Does anyone here use Viber?

I just downloaded it and noticed that when I use it to make calls the sound quality is significantly better than my standard phone calls.

Has anyone else noticed this too?
Old 10-11-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a Note 1. It is continually cycling on and off and this is the second Note to do this but the same battery. Am I wrong for thinking the Geek Squad guy at Best Buy was an idiot for telling me there is no chance it is the battery? Could my sim card (AT&T) be the cause?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I have a Note 1. It is continually cycling on and off and this is the second Note to do this but the same battery. Am I wrong for thinking the Geek Squad guy at Best Buy was an idiot for telling me there is no chance it is the battery? Could my sim card (AT&T) be the cause?
Well in theory if you have the GSBTP you should be able to call them and request a 2nd battery as part of your plan. Call the 1800 number not the store.

The only other things I could think of is try a factory reset or honestly it just could be time.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought an ipad and I am really not that impressed. The only reason I bought an ipad is because there are some apps that I use for music that are for ipad exclusively. Sorry, Android is just much better. I still dig it. I like having a tablet.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I have an couple generation old Android Tablet that has become a multimedia device.

If I could take it back I would have just bought a laptop.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Tablets are pretty useless for the most part.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tablets are pretty useless for the most part.
I'd get the new one and install it in the car. I been researching that and it makes a lot sense. You can access so much with a tablet installed in the car. From multi media to different apps.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

yeah I saw a video where people would install a nexus 7 into their dashboard looks legit

Old 10-11-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Assuming its like a car with a built in DVD player the car cannot be in motion for that to work... Although it is apparently super easy to bypass that.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've seen custom tablet set ups in cars. It's actually pretty legit. Navigation systems have become useless and car companies are now offering poor man's tablet applications in their dashboards now anyway.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i just don't see the point for almost anything you really could be doing while driving. i use my phone for nav and for music. i don't need an ipad screen for nav, and i really don't need it for music.
There is no point really. It's just a bigger screen. That's all.

If you have a built in screen that you can link your phone to, there's no need for it at all.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

there are apps for showing you a speedometer on the nexus 7 and a whole bunch of other stuff that's pretty useful. Now that I got my Note 3 my nexus 7 won't be touched like at all now.