Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-12-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I thought the curved glass concept was supposed to be concave and not convex? Or maybe that was just for TV's..
The Galaxy Round is concave, but I still don't see the benefit in mobile devices. For monitors and TVs I can see it being beneficial especially for gaming and movies.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i think this is dramatically overrated. both android and apple have essentially the same set of apps, and both have far more apps than i would ever care about installing. for every one that i have that android does far better, there's one i have on aple that's far better and vice versa.

i would add "does the form factor offer the things you care about". there's simply no chance i will ever buy another iphone as long as the battery isn't replaceable. i don't care how nice the phone is. i won't buy the nexus brand for the exact same reason. that said, you're right in that i'd never buy my mom anything but an iphone, since i think she'd be lost, confused and angry at all of the additional options on an android.
The overall app ecosystem delta isn't much anymore. But it's important for personal inertia. I.e. if I purchased a whole bunch of apps on one family of devices, I don't want to spend that money buying them on another (porting from iOS to Android or vice versa).
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That concept art looked ridiculous. Just wait for whatever Android OS phone looks like on release and then apply it to the next Apple. It's simple.

Now imagine it with iOS, painted white, run through 65,000 commercials, and then guess the random "upgrade" Apple will select. Boom.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The apps are sooooo much better on the iPhone. It's not even close.

And iOS7 is so clean and the app upgrades for iOS7 make them that much better.

They're just pleasing to the eyes. Way nicer than Android. And we simply have a lot more apps, that's not debatable.

If the curved concept is slightly inward to prevent the screen from cracking I don't think that's a terrible idea.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

They're just pleasing to the eyes. Way nicer than Android. And we simply have a lot more apps, that's not debatable.

If the curved concept is slightly inward to prevent the screen from cracking I don't think that's a terrible idea.
BBD, come on man.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
BBD, come on man.
#OnlyFacts

I want to see the curved glass design before I pass judgement on it.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how much I should say, but I have some connections to some people who are doing some things with certain companies that are going to enable a far better solution to cracked screens than going curved would. Some of it has been in the news recently...but they aren't telling the entire story.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm not sure how much I should say, but I have some connections to some people who are doing some things with certain companies that are going to enable a far better solution to cracked screens than going curved would. Some of it has been in the news recently...but they aren't telling the entire story.
EE, spill the beans goddammit. No one here even knows who you are.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Flexible screen?
Flip phone?
Built in cover?
Old 11-12-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I just know that whatever Apple does with the iPhone 6 it's gonna be awesome.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really not sure what I can and can't say, so I'll be safe. You guys are all off the mark though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Didn't Samsung display flexible screens that will open up like a book? I thought that would be the future of tablets and ebooks.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Apple Apps are not more pleasing to the eye. I have a Samsung Galaxy and my apps look a lot better than on my wife's iPhone. I also have a Kindle Fire and my apps looks much better than her's do on an iPad Mini.

And Apple having more apps absolutely is debatable. It took me 30 seconds to find an article from April that says Android and Apple each have roughly 800,000 available apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Apple Apps are not more pleasing to the eye. I have a Samsung Galaxy and my apps look a lot better than on my wife's iPhone. I also have a Kindle Fire and my apps looks much better than her's do on an iPad Mini.

And Apple having more apps absolutely is debatable. It took me 30 seconds to find an article from April that says Android and Apple each have roughly 800,000 available apps.
Yes they are. I like the look a lot more on apple apps. They're a lot cleaner and brighter. And simpler. I like the flat look of iOS7 a lot. It's very nice.

Many apps are often out for Apple sooner than Android. Instagram, Vine, are just a few examples of apps that were first exclusively for the iPhone then went over to Android when it got popular enough.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally hate the App icons on iOS7. They are way too cartoony for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also think the icons are too cartoony.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I love it. That's all personal taste. I don't like the icons for Android. I like how all the icons for Apple are boxes, it makes it streamline. For Android one icon is a box, another is a circle etc. It doesn't look nice to me.

But again, that's all personal preference. I love the look of iOS7. I think it's a major improvement (Wait's for Forenci, the Android fanboy to come in here and say how much it sucks).

I love the feel of the Nexus though. It's very smooth. It's not quite iOS7, but it's the closest to it I've seen on an Android. For me personally, that's big. That's one of the most important components of the phone to me. How smooth, fast, and reliable it is.

Build quality of that phone is very nice too. I sold the 2 I bought, but when I had it in my hand I'm just like wow this is a very nice phone. Simple but beautiful. That's what I like.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I stated it when iOS7 came out that it looked way too cartoonish and WAY to bright. Annoyingly so. It really feels like it was designed by Fisher Price.

And they completely ruined the calendar app for me. Such a pain in the ass.

Also, it's not fan boyish, BBD. iOS7 had SO many issues at release. It's better since they released some patches, but it was far from a smooth release. Really un-Apple like.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, I stated it when iOS7 came out that it looked way too cartoonish and WAY to bright. Annoyingly so. It really feels like it was designed by Fisher Price.

And they completely ruined the calendar app for me. Such a pain in the ass.

Also, it's not fan boyish, BBD. iOS7 had SO many issues at release. It's better since they released some patches, but it was far from a smooth release. Really un-Apple like.
You should get the Nexus bro. I think you'll like it a lot. 350 full price too, it's a great price.

And I can't take your opinions of the iPhone seriously bc you hate anything they do.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You should get the Nexus bro. I think you'll like it a lot. 350 full price too, it's a great price.

And I can't take your opinions of the iPhone seriously bc you hate anything they do.
Similarly, I can't take your opinions seriously because you jerk off to anything they do.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Similarly, I can't take your opinions seriously because you jerk off to anything they do.
Yeah but you typically have awful opinions about everything.

Ilu though.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmao bbd...the irony

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah but you typically have awful opinions about everything.

Ilu though.
HOW ABOUT THOSE KNICKS BRO?

Oh we're average like I said we would be? kthxbai.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HOW ABOUT THOSE KNICKS BRO?

Oh we're average like I said we would be? kthxbai.
Forenci is dominating.

Add in that Forenci enjoys video games, and a bonus point for DayZ, and isn't an Apple mouthpiece and this battle isn't even close.

Nothing to see here folks.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I love Apple, I don't like video games, I have a manpurse, and I dress like a hipster.

Get at me bro.