Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-05-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's cause the run new os on orders phones. Try running the newest iPhone or on the iphone.4. It'll Crap out on you and kill your battery, source I did it when I went overseas.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Coming up in the next couple months I'll be due an upgrade via Verizon.. any phone recommendations?

I currently have the Motorola RAZR, and I've had the HTC EVO and EVO 3D at Sprint.. I don't want an iPhone but want the next best thing.

I did some comparisons and found that the new LG G2 rated well. I just, really don't know.
i don't know what the next best thing to an iphone would be. what features do you care about? what are you going to use it for? what's your price range?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:57 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use it for a lot of Social Networking, Media (Youtube, Vine), Fantasy Football and Sports and some gaming. Battery life is preferred, a decent camera but not the end of the world and price range up to $200.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Up to $200 is probably going to limit you but I would look at the Nexus 5.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

the droid maxx is probably going to give you a similar phone to what you have now, with better batteries. htc one is at $100 now. gs4 is at $200 with a new contract.

lot of choices, i'd probably go gs4 or htc one, for what you're talking about.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I tried flashing the gummy 4.4 rom but apparently you need to have twrp 2.6.3.1 which idk how to get. I did flash AOKP 4.3 which I kinda like and fixed my issues so far.

Edit: wooooooooh I flashed cyanfox 4.4 KitKat. I'm going to see how smooth this ROM runs.
I know you have it running but fyi, I used GooManager to flash the new twrp.

I'm loving Kit Kat so far. I love Google Now though and use it a lot.
I have all my sports news showing up there, my calender (that I load up with stuff), routes/traffic info to work or to home (depends on where I am)...

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I use it for a lot of Social Networking, Media (Youtube, Vine), Fantasy Football and Sports and some gaming. Battery life is preferred, a decent camera but not the end of the world and price range up to $200.
moto x can be found for under $100 and is rated as gizmodo's favorite android phone for the price. I have one and haven't had a complaint since I picked it up. Switched from 4 years of being an iphone user.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Droid Maxx all the way yo.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I know you have it running but fyi, I used GooManager to flash the new twrp.

I'm loving Kit Kat so far. I love Google Now though and use it a lot.
I have all my sports news showing up there, my calender (that I load up with stuff), routes/traffic info to work or to home (depends on where I am)...
I used goomanager as well but it only gave mr 2.6.3.0 and not 2.6.3.1

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of the new Droids will do you well. I have a Droid Maxx and I love the battery life. It is pretty much the same as my Galaxy Nexus was, except bigger screen and better battery life.

Moto X would be a good phone as well. It's not considered one of the new Droids, but it is all the same as far as operating system goes. GS4 and HTC one if you like the watered down android. I like vanilla android personally.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get the HTC One Google Play Edition. Best of both worlds.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

wouldn't be anywhere near $200 though
Old 01-06-2014, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
wouldn't be anywhere near $200 though
Ah, true dat.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

specs wise my g2 is awesome just a nexus 5 with a better battery and camera now that I installed cyanogen mod

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

lol wrong place

Last edited by brat316 : 01-06-2014 at 11:41 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Please FSU, pull this outta your ass.

Winston run for a TD, throw a TD do something.
He obviously used GooManager and FreeGeeProject to get that vanilla android touchdown installed into a championship

Old 01-08-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was reading some rumors about the Note 4 and it said something about a "three-sided" display and I can't for the life of me imagine what that would look like or why I would want it.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

The 3D shadow of a 4D cube (in a 2D pic)
This is a sculpture in one of the math buildings at Penn State
*Mind.Blown*

Old 01-08-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone happen to know how unlimited data works on AT&T, took my over my brother's plan was just wondering if it was legit unlimited or if they stated to slow you down after some point

Old 01-08-2014, 04:40 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
anyone happen to know how unlimited data works on AT&T, took my over my brother's plan was just wondering if it was legit unlimited or if they stated to slow you down after some point
my roommate gets knocked down to basically 1bps after he goes over some artificial limit (2gb-5gb, i think).
Old 01-08-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

anyone know how to search for a specific icon? there are like 500 in this tiny white icon pack and i cant find twitter

didnt auto change for whatever reason

Edit: found it but I'd still like to know

Last edited by fenikz : 01-08-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm switching to T-Mobile and take advantage of the cancellation fee reimbursement!! Sprint can kiss my ass!

Note 3 here I come!

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
anyone know how to search for a specific icon? there are like 500 in this tiny white icon pack and i cant find twitter

didnt auto change for whatever reason

Edit: found it but I'd still like to know
Most times they're in alphabetical order.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You don't need to compare specs when the iPhone is there for the taking.
I have an iPhone 5 for work and it's ******* terrible. My PhotonQ crushes it.

Last edited by nepg : 01-14-2014 at 10:40 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
New windows phones are actually excellent.
Yeah, I've been mulling getting one. They have to load it on a really nice piece of hardware just to sell it, from what I'm seeing. Has the app support improved much?