Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I have an iPhone 5 for work and it's ******* terrible. My PhotonQ crushes it.
Your PhotonQ is awful.

I'm getting the itch for Android so bad though. It's pointless having 2 phones unless you have to have a dedicated work phone (thank God I don't have that anymore) so I'm thinking Nexus 7 Tablet to get the Nexus experience.

But then I have a hard time justifying owning a tablet bc like...what's the point? The only tablet I ever had I received as a gift, and it was basically just a big iPhone (iPad mini).
Old 01-15-2014, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if I do go to T-Mobile imma roll with a Note 3. Looked up the HTC One and LG G2 but the battery is automatic dq

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Your PhotonQ is awful.

I'm getting the itch for Android so bad though. It's pointless having 2 phones unless you have to have a dedicated work phone (thank God I don't have that anymore) so I'm thinking Nexus 7 Tablet to get the Nexus experience.

But then I have a hard time justifying owning a tablet bc like...what's the point? The only tablet I ever had I received as a gift, and it was basically just a big iPhone (iPad mini).
I have 2 phones, the work phone is an android and its so boring.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah!!

Just ditched Sprint for T-mobile and got a Note 3

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you don't have it I highly recommend downloading TeamViewer, you can control your PC from your phone, watch movies, play games, etc

I think it has something to do with Nvidia though so AMD people may be out of luck
Old 01-15-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Does not compute. Do you have a flagship Android phone or a low quality one?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your PhotonQ is awful.
No one was saying it isn't. That's kind of the point.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:24 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
if you don't have it I highly recommend downloading TeamViewer, you can control your PC from your phone, watch movies, play games, etc

I think it has something to do with Nvidia though so AMD people may be out of luck
Plex is a similar app and is a must if you have ChromeCast.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What exactly is Plex? I think I'm going to purchase a ChromeCast here soon.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:04 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
What exactly is Plex? I think I'm going to purchase a ChromeCast here soon.
You can set it up now for free. It basically sets up a media center for you for free and makes it seemless across devices. So say you are watching a movie on your tv, the wife wants to watch Bachelor 197. You stop the movie, pull it up on your tablet and watch the rest of the movie on the tablet with no issue.

It has streaming stuff with like daily show and that, but really it's most useful with video content you have.

Right now you need the premium monthly fee to cast it to your tv. Most of the premium features are just beta that move to free eventually.

https://plex.tv/

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Androids suck.

I just want to have both. I don't know, maybe I'm just getting the itch to get a new piece of tech, I really have no justification for it other than that.

The tech world needs something new and exciting. Everything on the market right now is so stale. Tablets are useless. Computers are computers, phones aren't exactly reinventing the wheel anymore, ipods are pretty much obsolete.

The Samsung watch is incredibly stupid. Google glass might be cool but not for that pricepoint and I don't think having lazy eye is a good idea. We need something new.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I love my tablet. I have a Nexus 7. I use it as a day planner (Any.do), an e-reader and it replaced my laptop for email/browsing couching duties so I'm not confined to my desktop.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The problem with tablets is I can basically do everything I would want to do on a tablet with my phone, and when I'm surfing the net or whatever while laying on the couch I just use my phone. It's the same thing. It's actually more convenient because you always have your phone on you.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

True but unless you have a Note 3, I much prefer doing all the things I said before on a larger screen.
It safes my battery life of my phone which I'll need when I leave the house since my tablet is WiFi only so it's only good for games and an e-reader once I'm out of WiFi range.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem with tablets is I can basically do everything I would want to do on a tablet with my phone, and when I'm surfing the net or whatever while laying on the couch I just use my phone. It's the same thing. It's actually more convenient because you always have your phone on you.
I used to think that too, but it does have a lot of benefits vs. a phone. For example, watching movies on a phone sucks. Reading books on a phone sucks. The added space makes web browsing much better. You probably just need a good tablet, aka, not an iPad. Plus, you do need to adjust to actually using it.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah that's true.

I just want something different. I'm getting the itch.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I used to think that too, but it does have a lot of benefits vs. a phone. For example, watching movies on a phone sucks. Reading books on a phone sucks. The added space makes web browsing much better. You probably just need a good tablet, aka, not an iPad. Plus, you do need to adjust to actually using it.
Have you tried the Nexus 7? I was thinking about that one, but it's too small I think.

If I get a tablet I think it's gonna be an Android tablet since it'll give me a different flavor to play with.

But then again the syncing of my iPhone with an iPad is kinda neat too. I don't know.

From one fan boy to another, what do you think?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, I mean it just depends. Do you think you would sync a lot of stuff? If not, then it really doesn't matter if you go Android. If so, go with an iPad. I love the Nexus 7. I'm not a fan of huge tablets, but for other people it can make sense. As an English teacher (future) I do a ton of reading so it fits my needs perfectly in that regard. Plus movies and other stuff.

Maybe look at the Note 10.1? It's gotten nothing but stellar reviews, and I know njx has talked about how the pen can be really useful for somethings related to productivity/ease of use.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, I mean it just depends. Do you think you would sync a lot of stuff? If not, then it really doesn't matter if you go Android. If so, go with an iPad. I love the Nexus 7. I'm not a fan of huge tablets, but for other people it can make sense. As an English teacher (future) I do a ton of reading so it fits my needs perfectly in that regard. Plus movies and other stuff.

Maybe look at the Note 10.1? It's gotten nothing but stellar reviews, and I know njx has talked about how the pen can be really useful for somethings related to productivity/ease of use.
Well it would sync with my iPhone and Macbook so that's where the iPad has an advantage. And I have a couple of e-books on Kindle that I use for work, when I need to look up concepts or equations etc, so it would be nice to have that synced up, using the Kindle App on all 3 devices.

But too much of the same thing is so meh, I really want to try out an Android tablet.

I'm not a huge fan of Samsung. I kinda hate them honestly. I love the Nexus line. I had an iPad mini for a little while but got rid of it, is the Nexus 7 around the same size?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I would get a Nexus 10 then. Pretty sweet tablet with size, specs and a friendly price tag.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I would get a Nexus 10 then. Pretty sweet tablet with size, specs and a friendly price tag.
I didn't realize the iPad mini was a 7 inch tablet. In that case, I might go with the Nexus 7 since I liked the size of the iPad mini.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

There you go! Buy and enjoy!

Old 01-16-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I was thinking. Now that we're on the subject.

I looked up T-Mobile's pricing for their unlimited data on 4G LTE tablets, and if I understand it correctly, it's 10 bucks a month right?

At that price, is it worth having a tablet in the car and streaming data off of that?
Old 01-17-2014, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Got a Spigen Slim Armor case for my Note and I love it!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-17-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I use just a bumper case for my OG and love it.
Protects all the edges but stills shows off the sweet back that the phone has.