Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-23-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It read like some kind of drinking game.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite EE's experience I'm considering JUMPing to the LG G3

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:12 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

random question... any of y'all have a oneplus invitation you'd send me?

it's a super intriguing phone for me, given that i can't ever do a discount again (thanks vzw, for letting me keep my cheap as **** unlimited data).

i'm just not feeling the note4 as a big upgrade over the my 2, now that i don't really travel anymore (otherwise, the fast charge would be massively useful, since 99% of airports on earth are still seemingly in the dark that people have devices they want to charge).
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:19 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
random question... any of y'all have a oneplus invitation you'd send me?

it's a super intriguing phone for me, given that i can't ever do a discount again (thanks vzw, for letting me keep my cheap as **** unlimited data).

i'm just not feeling the note4 as a big upgrade over the my 2, now that i don't really travel anymore (otherwise, the fast charge would be massively useful, since 99% of airports on earth are still seemingly in the dark that people have devices they want to charge).
what in tha ****!? first time ive heard of this DO WANT
Old 09-26-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I am not mistaken the One+ was CDMA only. Won't work on Verizon.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:10 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to specs:

Quote:
GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8
LTE: Bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40
I don't have time to decipher whether any of those are VZW compatible.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately, that's a no go njx. It's a pain in the ass to track down one of those invites anyway, I looked into that before buying my M8. Interesting phone though. Hopefully they're able to actually bring something to market proper in their next go around.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
According to specs:

I don't have time to decipher whether any of those are VZW compatible.
http://oneplus.net/one#features-lte

Second one down. ATT and TMobile.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
http://oneplus.net/one#features-lte

Second one down. ATT and TMobile.
Ah oh well.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Verizon a bit of a ***** to deal with even if your phone is compatible? I know the Nexus 5 was blacklisted, which is such ****.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-26-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I don't think it was blacklisted as much as Google said **** you after the GNex and Nexus 7 debacles.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:06 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Isn't Verizon a bit of a ***** to deal with even if your phone is compatible? I know the Nexus 5 was blacklisted, which is such ****.
It also has to do with targeting the larger market. Verizon in the grand scheme is small compared to being globally compatible. For a small player investing in R&D for a entire separate device to support Verizon's network is hard to justify when they can create a single device that is compatible with multiple networks.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If I am not mistaken the One+ was CDMA only. Won't work on Verizon.
dang. i saw the LTE bands and just assumed.

and agree, EE. i really like the concept, and i like that they just went with the forked version of android right out of the gate.

if tmobile, at&t and sprint weren't utter trash in colorado, i'd strongly consider flipping, but no one but vzw works outside of denver proper.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
The Red Viper
Rookie

The Red Viper could make a wolverine purr.The Red Viper could make a wolverine purr.The Red Viper could make a wolverine purr.The Red Viper could make a wolverine purr.The Red Viper could make a wolverine purr.The Red Viper could make a wolverine purr.The Red Viper could make a wolverine purr.

I have a OnePlus One. It's great except for the random reboots.
The Red Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
and agree, EE. i really like the concept, and i like that they just went with the forked version of android right out of the gate.
Yeah, that's a powerful selling point for me. They're also employing some people who made some pretty valuable contributions on XDA. The stuff about how the display is properly calibrated(and will allow you to make adjustments and calibrate it yourself) is pretty sweet. Stereo speakers are a big deal too, although the M8 has really spoiled me with the front facing stuff.

If they're able to make a phone like that for $300(and mass produce it), I expect that I won't ever have to buy another contract subsidized phone again. That's pretty much the greatest thing ever.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-26-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i'll be honest, i've never understood the speaker thing. the crappy one on my note is perfect for speakerphone, and i can't think of any other reason why i'd ever listen to anything without headphones on.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might have a chance to pick one up but I don't wanna give up the real estate of my note 3

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Viper View Post
I have a OnePlus One. It's great except for the random reboots.
why would you post in one of the only threads i've posted in in months? it's a ****** way to try to fly under the radar, given how recently you were banned.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
i'll be honest, i've never understood the speaker thing. the crappy one on my note is perfect for speakerphone, and i can't think of any other reason why i'd ever listen to anything without headphones on.
The speakers on the M8 are honestly good enough to compete with most popular bluetooth speaker solutions. I probably get usage out of them than I think I do, but it's one of those things that spoils you the first time you're caught in a situation without headphones.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-26-2014, 08:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

we have a few of these at home, but the first bluetooth speaker we bought wasn't great, so i guess i can see that.

http://www.sonos.com/?r=1

^literally the best thing i've ever bought, fwiw.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a few questions, as I'm fairly new to the whole smart phone thing.

1. What's the best place to upload & save videos taken with the phone? I have a photobucket site from long ago but it seems like there's some quality lost when uploading there.

2. Can I connect my phone to my t.v.? I share account info with a few trusted friends for various services (netflix, hbogo, dish, etc.) and want to run games from the dish app to my t.v. Is that possible?

Old 09-29-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Chromecast might be able to do the latter Elvis and for $35 its a great value.

I know I streamed the Packer game from my laptop to my TV with it yesterday.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Chromecast might be able to do the latter Elvis and for $35 its a great value.

I know I streamed the Packer game from my laptop to my TV with it yesterday.
I plan to get one for the Mrs. for her Bday next week. I don't think it will work, though, b/c the game would run on a dish app, rather than using the chrome browser.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I plan to get one for the Mrs. for her Bday next week. I don't think it will work, though, b/c the game would run on a dish app, rather than using the chrome browser.
A lot of apps are Chromecast compatible. Dish might not be though; trying to find out for sure right now.

EDIT: Looks like not. Here is an updated list though: http://www.reddit.com/r/chromecast/wiki/apps
Old 09-29-2014, 03:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Add question #3 to that list . . .

3. Is there a decent sweeper app that will clear cache, ID / remove stuff that isn't used, or generally help prevent the phone from reaching max storage? It's a verizon phone (SIII mini) that came with 8g internal and roughly 6 of that was already packed with **** I don't use but can't remove. Even with an SD card in there, I have to do a big dance every time I want to download something b/c the storage is close to max with stuff I can't move to SD or delete.