Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-20-2014, 06:16 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 inches is way too big for a phone. Might as well carry around a nexus 7.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:24 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is that why apps generally get deployed on the App store first? Because to deploy for iPhones you just have to develop for one OS?
Yes, the OS fragmentation and also the myriad of form factors. I believe Google has attempted to address the form factor issue in recent releases but I'm probably not qualified to speak to the specifics.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:28 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samsung phones have been cleared for US gov't use

I had not heard that Samsung and Google have agreed to bake KNOX into the next release of Android.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
6 inches is way too big for a phone. Might as well carry around a nexus 7.
It's only slightly bigger than the Note.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's only slightly bigger than the Note.
Which is already ridiculously huge.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Which is already ridiculously huge.
It really isn't. As someone who transitioned from a "normal" sized phone to a Note I can attest to it being daunting first but I don't want to go back to a small screen.

Also if I am not mistaken that is coming from a iPhone user (I know you aren't BBD) and unless you upgraded to the 6 everything before it is the size of a ******* tic tac case.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was super critical of the Note when it first came out, but I actually loved the physical aspects of the G3...which is a similar sized device. I'm 6'3 with fairly large hands to match though. I imagine a lot of your comfort level with those sorts of phones comes down to.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I would say I am an average guy. About 6' normal sized hands and the Note is a bit too large to use one handed but you learn to adapt quickly and going back becomes increasingly more difficult.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did my post get deleted?
Old 10-21-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Why did my post get deleted?
"This message has been deleted by ImBrotherCain. Reason: Cause I don't feel like dealing with this."
Old 10-21-2014, 10:49 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It really isn't. As someone who transitioned from a "normal" sized phone to a Note I can attest to it being daunting first but I don't want to go back to a small screen.

Also if I am not mistaken that is coming from a iPhone user (I know you aren't BBD) and unless you upgraded to the 6 everything before it is the size of a ******* tic tac case.
I'm 6'4. The Note 4 doesn't fit comfortably in a pocket and is crazy huge.

I want a nice, small phone that I can surf and message on and dick around with some apps. Not a ******* tablet. I have a tablet to do tablet things.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

For reference, I think the Nexus 4 is about perfect wrt size.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:57 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm 6'4. The Note 4 doesn't fit comfortably in a pocket and is crazy huge.

I want a nice, small phone that I can surf and message on and dick around with some apps. Not a ******* tablet. I have a tablet to do tablet things.
Quote:
For reference, I think the Nexus 4 is about perfect wrt size.
That is completely understandable. I know we have had this discussion many many times but it just depends on personal preference and what you want to do with the phone.

I use my phone less for talking and more for everything else. If I do talk its mostly while in the car on the bluetooth, so the size doesn't effect me at all.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
That is completely understandable. I know we have had this discussion many many times but it just depends on personal preference and what you want to do with the phone.

I use my phone less for talking and more for everything else. If I do talk its mostly while in the car on the bluetooth.
I totally get it, but I'm just pissed because I wanted a 4 or 5 sized phone from Google and then they come out with this giant ******* phablet. I can't justify making the leap from iOS with this thing.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"This message has been deleted by ImBrotherCain. Reason: Cause I don't feel like dealing with this."
Black ImBrotherCain didn't die for this...

Smh.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I am an android user, mac computer user. iPhones are stupid.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I thought this was interesting.

Here is a Nexus 6 with a 6 Plus

Now with the 6 Plus on the Nexus 6
Old 11-09-2014, 01:10 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody know anyone with the shield tablet? i wanted a nexus 9 but the dumbass 4:3 and downright awful things ive read about it so far are scaring me off, ive even thought of just saying **** it and buying a 2013 nexus 7 :\
Old 11-13-2014, 02:02 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam's Club is offering the S5 and the Note3 for 96 cents on Black Friday. I can't figure out which one I want to upgrade to. I like the battery life and the larger screen on the Note, but the S5 has a noticeably better camera. I like the S5's fingerprint scanner and the Note's stylus, but neither of those would sway me one way or the other.

Choices, choices...
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I thought this was interesting.

Here is a Nexus 6 with a 6 Plus

Now with the 6 Plus on the Nexus 6
You want an iPhone so bad. I'm here for you breh. Let's get better together. I'll hold your hand when we walk into the Apple Store.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Sam's Club is offering the S5 and the Note3 for 96 cents on Black Friday. I can't figure out which one I want to upgrade to. I like the battery life and the larger screen on the Note, but the S5 has a noticeably better camera. I like the S5's fingerprint scanner and the Note's stylus, but neither of those would sway me one way or the other.

Choices, choices...
Best buy is offering note 4 for free with new contract

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Well that makes things easy.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:17 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
anybody know anyone with the shield tablet? i wanted a nexus 9 but the dumbass 4:3 and downright awful things ive read about it so far are scaring me off, ive even thought of just saying **** it and buying a 2013 nexus 7 :\
I have a 9 here at work... I hardly use it. The aspect ratio is so bad.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:50 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
The speculation is that this is the EasyPay, $0 down and $30/month for 24 months. If any Black Friday deals bring the Note 4 down to closer to $200 then I'll buy one just because I feel like I need that Gear VR headset. But $300 for the phone and another $250 for a toy that I'd probably only use for a week...I don't think so.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a Note 4 today, so can I join the Android club?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote