Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:08 AM    (permalink
bdlyons26
Rookie

bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nope i can't see the future to prove that he won't be a very good Nfl Rb................... jk jk well i do have a bit of proof which doesn't come too often so you better take advantage of it. I actually watched a majority of the WVU/ ECU game last year don't know why i didnt'n pay much attention to Johnson until the second half when he started getting yards against the WVU backups he ran for like 75 yards and about 65 of it was against the second string late in the game and he didnt' look very good. Ran from a several tackles in the first half went south on a couple occasions trying to make plays which is scary and he just didn't show a lot against and average WVU defense. I am also a Tulsa Golden Hurricane fan and try to watch any game they have on TV which isn't many. But the year before in 06 i listened to the Tulsa ECU game on Tulsa Radio and they murdered ECU and only gave up like 170 yards of total offense and i don't remember hearing Johnson doing anything great. Tulsas defense wasn't very good. So from the 2 games ive seen heard against not great defenses he didn't impress me much.

I may be wrong but i did predict that bush would be average and i loved how he ran from Texas tacklers the whole National Title Game. On the last drive when he could have cut in and picked up like 15 more yards he ran strait East away from a Texas CB it was funny as hell!

He just reminds me a lot of Bush that may be why im not to fond of him... i say if we even have our first rounders take F Jones or Charles in the Second.
bdlyons26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:10 AM    (permalink
bdlyons26
Rookie

bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not much proof sorry and bad grammar...... sigh.......
Old 03-03-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
NOSH
Rookie

NOSH hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Isn't a back supposed to run away from tacklers when they can OUTRUN them!!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlyons26 View Post
Nope i can't see the future to prove that he won't be a very good Nfl Rb................... jk jk well i do have a bit of proof which doesn't come too often so you better take advantage of it. I actually watched a majority of the WVU/ ECU game last year don't know why i didnt'n pay much attention to Johnson until the second half when he started getting yards against the WVU backups he ran for like 75 yards and about 65 of it was against the second string late in the game and he didnt' look very good. Ran from a several tackles in the first half went south on a couple occasions trying to make plays which is scary and he just didn't show a lot against and average WVU defense. I am also a Tulsa Golden Hurricane fan and try to watch any game they have on TV which isn't many. But the year before in 06 i listened to the Tulsa ECU game on Tulsa Radio and they murdered ECU and only gave up like 170 yards of total offense and i don't remember hearing Johnson doing anything great. Tulsas defense wasn't very good. So from the 2 games ive seen heard against not great defenses he didn't impress me much.

I may be wrong but i did predict that bush would be average and i loved how he ran from Texas tacklers the whole National Title Game. On the last drive when he could have cut in and picked up like 15 more yards he ran strait East away from a Texas CB it was funny as hell!

He just reminds me a lot of Bush that may be why im not to fond of him... i say if we even have our first rounders take F Jones or Charles in the Second.

If Reggie Bush was in our offense he would be far from average, Reggie Bush is average because he was forced to be the main guy inside the tackles back every down, but when Duece was strong in that role and Bush was all over the place he was as dynamic as they come..Same for us, Imagine Bush lined up in slots, going in motion, catches passes in our offense with Barber to run between the tackles? Thats what we would ask of Chris Johnson, he's not going to be running between the tackles 20 times a game, he's going to be a guy the defense has to key in on and know where he is because of his speed...He's not going to be expected to come in and get 20 carries, or be a workhorse back to get short yardage for us, he has alot of brian westbrook in him and he's pretty damn good, I know Bush scares everyone now but not every fast rb is going to fail in the nfl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
bdlyons26
Rookie

True man it just scares me to take a guy like him.... he could be great he could bust but i guess that goes with anyone!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Courtesy of BTB
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/

Quote:
The Cowboys have invited potential first-round CB Antoine Cason (Arizona) and second-round LB Beau Bell (UNLV) to Valley Ranch for predraft visits, two of the 30 they are allowed to conduct at their facility. These are not to be workouts, but rather are set for interviews and physicals.

Also, Kansas CB Aqib Talib, a Richardson Berkner product, has been invited to visit in mid-April, and the rules are different for him. Because he's a local product, the team is allowed to work him out on-site and his presence will not count against the allotted 30 visits the team is granted.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Good find!
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you remember if the players we drafted in the first rounds the last couple of years were all invited to Valley Ranch before the draft?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:06 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Do you remember if the players we drafted in the first rounds the last couple of years were all invited to Valley Ranch before the draft?
I remember hearing that Bobby Carpenter wasn't; the Micky Spagnola kept making a big deal about it on his show. I think Parcells was so set on having Carpenter that he didn't need to know any more about him. Not sure about any of the others. I think they tend to invite a lot of players from their board that they expect to possibly be available around the time they pick.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
bdlyons26
Rookie

Draft Paul Smith........
Old 03-12-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from dallas morning-news

DRC coming to Dallas!

2:35 PM Wed, Mar 12, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Cowboys Blog favorite Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been scheduled in to pay a visit to Valley Ranch, for one of the team's allotted 30 in-house visits.

The Tennessee State CB, and combine star will arrive on April 16. We've gone over this before, but just to be clear, these are not workouts. They're interviews and physicals, and usually serve as the capper for a team trying to get to know a draft prospect better. We previously reported that Arizona CB Antoine Cason and UNLV ILB Beau Bell will be making similar visits.

I'd caution that these are used as smokescreens at times. And also note that these are, usually, more significant than the Cowboys bringing in area products like Kansas CB Aqib Talib for "Dallas Day", since there are limits on how many out-of-towners they can invite.

You can go here or here or here or here to see just how I've fallen for the kid. The rangy, 6-foot-2 DRC blazed an official time of 4.33 at the combine and is rising up draft boards faster than that.

Two years after the Cowboys passed up on his All-Pro cousin, Antonio Cromartie, it looks like the team is taking a serious look at making it up to the family. And I'm all for it!

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malcolm Kelly will be coming to dallas per the dmn blog

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy CB Leodis McKelvin

from dmn blog

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-19-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Troy CB Leodis McKelvin

from dmn blog
-sighs-
if only he could drop out of the top 10 so we could trade up for him
Old 03-19-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamal Charles per DMN Blog

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Charles to visit Cowboys

I sure hope they like him...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...?urn=nfl,72958
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posted 3 days ago under Draft targets:p

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 03-22-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least we're looking in the right direction.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, this deserved its own thread!
- Atlanta Falcons GM
Old 03-22-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

you sir are wrong

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-22-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
IMO, this deserved its own thread!
Why would it? He's a 2nd round prospect, borderline late 1st rounder depending which board you are looking on. And If everyone wanted to be a homer and make a new thread for every player they currently have hard on for, this place would be littered with threads with 1 or 2 post. So no Jamaal Charles hardly deserves his own thread.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Hmmm...alrighty then. A simple "no" would have worked just fine.

I just think its pretty pitiful that the draft threads have to overlap from year to year. Keeping them clean is one thing, but who wants to read through 30 pages to get to the 2008 stuff.
- Atlanta Falcons GM
Old 03-22-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

See down there in the lower right corner? Just click on the last page and Presto, you have the latest posts. Pretty cool huh?

Old 03-22-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

That is very cool... but that doesn't mean I would have seen a post made several days ago, especailly on a thread that is frequently posted on.

Has anyone mentioned if Dallas is bringing in Allen Patrick?
- Atlanta Falcons GM
Old 03-24-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

kffl-

Cowboys | Team to meet with Balmer
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:10:53 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with University of North Carolina DL Kentwan Balmer.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote