Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-24-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Williams...Gil Brandt of NFL.com reports that the Dallas Cowboys sent a two-person video crew to Vanderbilts' pro day to tape the workout of OT Chris Williams.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
kffl-

Cowboys | Team to meet with Balmer
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:10:53 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with University of North Carolina DL Kentwan Balmer.
That's someone who I'm afraid of them drafting.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys | Godfrey has visit scheduled
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:19:08 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports University of Iowa CB Charles Godfrey is scheduled to visit with the Dallas Cowboys.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

03/25...Rashard Mendenhall...Adam Schefter of the NFL Network is reporting that Illinois HB Rashard Mendenhall has a private workout scheduled with the Carolina Panthers on Thursday, and has visits scheduled with the Bengals, Jets and Cowboys in the coming weeks.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 03-25-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

We now have nine of the 30 allotted visits nailed down. They are as follows ...

UNLV ILB Beau Bell
Arizona CB Antoine Cason
Texas RB Jamaal Charles
Indiana WR James Hardy
Arkansas RB Felix Jones
Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly
Troy CB Leodis McKelvin
Indiana CB Tracy Porter
Tennessee State CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Per DMN Blog

Old 03-25-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been sleeping on Godfery for most of the season, but his workouts has been great lately, and you can't deny that size. He's not as polished as I would like, but he's definitely rising up on my boards. Though not in the 1st, as many people have been speculating lately on these boards. I still think that's abit to early for him.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been watching some highlights of Hardy and really like him a lot.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
NJ_J_Witt_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
We now have nine of the 30 allotted visits nailed down. They are as follows ...

UNLV ILB Beau Bell
Arizona CB Antoine Cason
Texas RB Jamaal Charles
Indiana WR James Hardy
Arkansas RB Felix Jones
Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly
Troy CB Leodis McKelvin
Indiana CB Tracy Porter
Tennessee State CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Per DMN Blog
James Hardy, Felix Jones, and Tracy Porter are all schedueled to arrive in Valley Ranch on april 16th.

via The Dallas Morning News
Old 03-26-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers has a private workout scheduled with Cowboys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cowboys | K. Rivers has private workout scheduled with team
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:46:34 -0700

Daniel Mogollon, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports University of Southern California LB Keith Rivers (ankle) has a private workout scheduled with the Dallas Cowboys.

As per KFFL.com

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, I know Hardy is on the mind here but I would not mind skiping WR in rounds 1/2 if we could fetch Marcus Monk in the 4th. Just did a 4.45 in Arkansas and I think he can be as good as Hardy.

Thoughts?
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
Rivers has a private workout scheduled with Cowboys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cowboys | K. Rivers has private workout scheduled with team
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:46:34 -0700

Daniel Mogollon, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports University of Southern California LB Keith Rivers (ankle) has a private workout scheduled with the Dallas Cowboys.

As per KFFL.com
Wonderful player but still scratching my head over a 5'10 220lb ILB. This one would be even more bizarre.

KR is definately a 1st rounder and I don't think he gets past Tampa anyway.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers is just part of us doing our job and evaluating talent at different positions, pretty much 0% chance of us ending up with him...I really like Godfrey but his pro day might shoot him up some now, he looks like a solid mid 2nd round guy now, worst case late 2nd...

I dont want anything to do with Kelly, Hardy would be nice, but the guys we have been choosing so far arent really a surprise...Maybe we can start to find a correlation between who we brought in last year for workouts and who we took and figure out where were leaning towards this year...

Have we officially talked to or invited McFadden for a workout yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Virginia Tech OT Duane Brown, Virginia Tech CB Brandon Flowers, Missouri WR Will Franklin, and Iowa CB Charles Godfrey are set to visit Valley Ranch in the next few weeks. These are four more of the 30 pre-draft visit alotted to each team.

from dmn blog

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-26-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Southern Cal's Keith Rivers, who some believe can be an inside linebacker in a 3-4, and Texas A&M tight end Martellus Bennett are two of the recent names added to the visit list.

dmn blog

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

The Rivers visit baffles me. Why waste one of the 30 visits on a guy who probably won't be available when we draft and wouldn't fit our system if we did draft him. Maybe they're just blowing smoke, but I can't see any of the other teams buying it either.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
The Rivers visit baffles me. Why waste one of the 30 visits on a guy who probably won't be available when we draft and wouldn't fit our system if we did draft him. Maybe they're just blowing smoke, but I can't see any of the other teams buying it either.
I concur. Be happier if we called Goff in for a visit. I can see a third round ILB but taking a potential "Lance Briggs" type 4-3 OLB and sticking into a 3-4 ILB.

Funny enough though, I realize we are all talking similar names but I get this funking feeling we aren't going to get them. Just seems like all the names we like go in the middle of each round we are picking in. I hope this makes sense.

For example, we talk Hardy and Thomas at WR but most rate them early 2nd picks. One of the top three CBs in the first but they might be gone by 20. Top 3 RB ..... C. Johnson an early second.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

I think we have alot of options. If the top 3 CB'S are gone we can go RB or WR at 22, then come back at 28 with a Cason or Flowers ect... It really depends on who drops. Its going to be a fun draft. Cant wait.:D

Old 03-27-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Illinois RB Rashard Mendenhall and East Carolina RB Chris Johnson have been scheduled in to visit Valley Ranch during the third week of April.

Side note -- Where is the invite for Mike Jenkins? I don't like Flowers at all. He screams cover-2 to me. We need to get Jenkins in here, especially because there is a realistic chance that Talib, Mckelvin, and DRC will be the first 3 off the board. Jenkins could be sitting there at 22.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams track where all players take their visits. Maybe there are teams that Dallas knows has interest in Keith Rivers and they want to fake them out.... either to force a team to draft Rivers early or tempt a team to trade up.

The games have begun. ....well... they began a long time ago actually.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Side note -- Where is the invite for Mike Jenkins? I don't like Flowers at all. He screams cover-2 to me. We need to get Jenkins in here, especially because there is a realistic chance that Talib, Mckelvin, and DRC will be the first 3 off the board. Jenkins could be sitting there at 22.
Smokescreen? act like we're uninterested
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Sometimes I think alot of those visits are to just scout some of the best players, for instance Rivers is the best LB in this draft to some, if he ends up a stud in the NFL coaches, scouts and gms want to remember what it was they saw or liked about him, so when they are looking for a LB they will remember some of the positives they saw in Rivers that made him great...Also makes other teams seem like you are interested, so if we trade up for DMac or DRC teams wont really know for certain which direction were headed, but those are just personal assumptions because I dont believe Rivers is a possibility at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Illinois RB Rashard Mendenhall and East Carolina RB Chris Johnson have been scheduled in to visit Valley Ranch during the third week of April.

Im very excited to see Chris Johnson and Mendenhall get scheduled and Im with you wondering about Mike Jenkins...One possibility that I believe can happen is if we stand pat he could fall to us at 22 and granted I dont want him more then DRC id be happy with him at our early pick...But I love Brandon Flowers, I think he's a great cover 2 fit but I wouldnt limit him to just that, he's a perfect fit to play db in wade's scheme with how he likes to play...He can get in a wr's face and get physical with him off the line to throw off the timing of a route or come up in run support, Id be all for taking him at 28 if we do something with the earlier pick, because he's not worth #22.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Jenkins actually has a lot of knocks going around right now. I've been reading that most teams are starting to view him as a Safety prospect.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/549654.html

Invited for Dallas Day visits:

Justin Forsett
Joe John Finley
Brandon Foster
Hugh Charles
Terrence Wheatley
Josh Bell
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Jenkins actually has a lot of knocks going around right now. I've been reading that most teams are starting to view him as a Safety prospect.
Even still we could use a CB/FS tweener on this team, I would trust a guy like him at safety more so then I would Henry, and he's still a very athletic guy...Id be fine with him having a Jimmy Williams type role with us at either of our picks because I think thats where his stock is right now anyway.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're showing some interest in Godfrey. I've heard some guys saying that he could sneak into the first round, considering his good 40 time. Do you think he is a possibility at #28?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote