Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Was this a serious post? Come on, this is just getting ridiculous from you Bucs fans.
Josh Freeman: 60.7 % 1,963 yds 12 tds 5 ints 221 rushing yds 6-3 record
Matt Stafford: 59. % 535 yds 6 tds 1 int can't stay healhty

LeGarrette Blount: 75 carr 359 yds (4.8 avg) 4 tds (only has 12+ carries in 2 games)
Jahvid Best: 380 rushing yds (3.1 avg), 360 receiving yds, 5 tds in 9 starts (also has health troubles)

Mike Williams: 40 rec 627 yds 5 tds
Calvin Johnson: 49 rec 679 yds 9 tds

Oh and the Bucs are winning. Give me our trio over the KC trio as well, Charles might be better than Blount but Freeman to Williams >>>> Cassel to Bowe.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Josh Freeman: 60.7 % 1,963 yds 12 tds 5 ints 221 rushing yds 6-3 record
Matt Stafford: 59. % 535 yds 6 tds 1 int can't stay healhty

LeGarrette Blount: 75 carr 359 yds (4.8 avg) 4 tds (only has 12+ carries in 2 games)
Jahvid Best: 380 rushing yds (3.1 avg), 360 receiving yds, 5 tds in 9 starts (also has health troubles)

Mike Williams: 40 rec 627 yds 5 tds
Calvin Johnson: 49 rec 679 yds 9 tds

Oh and the Bucs are winning. Give me our trio over the KC trio as well, Charles might be better than Blount but Freeman to Williams >>>> Cassel to Bowe.

What is the point of bringing up stats exactly? But hey, Mike Williams has better stats then Larry Fitzgerald this season, so obviously Williams>Fitz easily.

Blount has had 2 decent games in his career that doesn't even total 100 carries and your already trying to put him in a discussion for triplets. We may as well vote him into the pro bowl while were at it. Winning, or stats, has nothing to do with the question at hand, two of the players your hyping up have done nothing yet.

I really don't even understand how you can honestly be trying to mention Blount right now anyway, let alone compare the stats for Calvin & Mike Williams like it means anything. But I guess you already know that any rookie who looks good for a few games, or a half of a season, or a full season all go on to have multiple pro bowl careers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...Charles might be better than Blount ...
Far be it from me to start defending Chiefs players, but you can't make a post about current stats and then say something like a player with 2 starts might be as good as a player on pace for 1900 scrimmage yards who's averaging 7 yards per touch.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What is the point of bringing up stats exactly? But hey, Mike Williams has better stats then Larry Fitzgerald this season, so obviously Williams>Fitz easily.

Blount has had 2 decent games in his career that doesn't even total 100 carries and your already trying to put him in a discussion for triplets. We may as well vote him into the pro bowl while were at it. Winning, or stats, has nothing to do with the question at hand, two of the players your hyping up have done nothing yet.

I really don't even understand how you can honestly be trying to mention Blount right now anyway, let alone compare the stats for Calvin & Mike Williams like it means anything. But I guess you already know that any rookie who looks good for a few games, or a half of a season, or a full season all go on to have multiple pro bowl careers though.
Read the thread title. That might give you a good idea. No one is saying Mike Williams is a better player than Calvin but he's been more productive this year. Has he not?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooklyn Decker, Olivia Wilde, and Marisa Miller...

Oh wrong triplet.

Be Afraid of : Brady, BJGE, and Aaron Hernandez...
Old 11-19-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually Calvin is still more productive than MW but thats not my point. I think LonghornsLegend thinks I am saying we have a top 5 trio in the league or something. I am simply comparing our trio to the Detroit trio and showing that the comparison is not "ridiculous" and in fact favors our trio.

The "might be better" when talking about Charles and Blount was a poor choice of words. I meant, Charles is better (right now) but....
Old 11-19-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god this just gets better and better.

edit: Cassel to Bowe has been better this season so far, but take whoever you want sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
His soft D really turns me off
** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 11-19-2010 at 11:29 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually Calvin is still more productive than MW but thats not my point. I think LonghornsLegend thinks I am saying we have a top 5 trio in the league or something. I am simply comparing our trio to the Detroit trio and showing that the comparison is not "ridiculous" and in fact favors our trio.

The "might be better" when talking about Charles and Blount was a poor choice of words. I meant, Charles is better (right now) but....
Hold the ******* phone here dude. I rarely get on people for moronic comments but it is expected on a wesbite of people who tink they know what they are talking about. That last comment, I have many questions about. Might be better is a horrible choice of words for one, Blount is not in the same hemispehere. He needs to drop 1000 yards from here out to be even in the same ******* encyclopedia where Jamaal Charles is under the A's and Blount is under the Z's. Poor choice of words is a horrible choice of words. What is with the right now in parentheses? Is their a subtle hint that you think he will be better in like 2 years, well Charles hasn't peaked and once properly utilized by the OC he will be dropping 2k from scrimmage on the reg. Blount will be a solid 1200 yard rusher maybe. SO i hope you were no insinuating that he will be better in some future time. Charles has better ball security, and is already a better pass blocker. Charles can be a three down RB because he can block, catch and run. I like projecting upside with players and I think Blount will be a fine RB, but Charles hasn't peaked yet either. Skimmed the surface. But. . .
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Read the thread title. That might give you a good idea. No one is saying Mike Williams is a better player than Calvin but he's been more productive this year. Has he not?
Yea but I guess I'm just missing the point as to why that's important in regards to how talented a trio, or player is. I don't think anyone here prefers Jabar Gaffney over Steve Smith(Car) but Gaffney has been more productive this year. Yet that has nothing to do with the fact that Smith is the better WR and more proven WR.

I don't even have a problem adding Mike Williams because I think he'll be a stud, or that they can't be in the conversation of triplets but LeGarrette Blount already a stud now? Lol. I just wouldn't put the Bucs trio over Detroit's. You can come up with a bunch of reasons why you would prefer the Bucs, I just wouldn't use production in 2010 as one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There really are some good trios. A gun to my head and I probably give the nod to Atlanta as having the very best, though. Into the future I'd take the Jets trio (Sanchez / Greene / Holmes).
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Have you never heard the phrase "something might be better than something else, BUT..."? I didnt mean Blount might be better than Charles. Although you must not have been watching Blount if you think there is no way he surpasses Charles in the future.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL

Charles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blount

Can I keep going?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you never heard the phrase "something might be better than something else, BUT..."? I didnt mean Blount might be better than Charles. Although you must not have been watching Blount if you think there is no way he surpasses Charles in the future.
I dont think no way but since both have yet to peak and Charles ir futher right now I'd assume Blount would have to go a long ways to surpass him
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah you can learn a lot more in two games than you can in almost a full season of work.

And no offense, but beating up on the Panthers isn't a great feat or anything.

Quote:

Last edited by vidae : 11-20-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford, Jackson, Hoomamati or something like that fo sho!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Bradford Jackson and AJ Green
Quote:
Old 11-20-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I jizzed in my pants....
Old 11-20-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I jizzed in my pants....
I know you did
Quote:
Old 11-20-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Championship! Give it two seasons. :)
Old 11-20-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Watch more Blount. I didnt even mean to get a Blount vs Charles discussion going, my post with the Bucs vs Lions trio was directed at you Vidae. Is it a ridiculous comparison?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Just one problem tho. How are we gonna get AJ Green drafting #32?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Just one problem tho. How are we gonna get AJ Green drafting #32?
AJ Green will refuse to play with any QB except Sam Bradford and he will tumble down draft boards to 32, and that is when the dynasty begins.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
AJ Green will refuse to play with any QB except Sam Bradford and he will tumble down draft boards to 32, and that is when the dynasty begins.
VICTORY!!!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I've watched Blount. I like him but Jamaal will be a top 5 rb in yards from scrimmage with about 50-100 less touches. Jamaals numers are unreal. Since he started week 10 last year, in a total of 17 games he has: 1551 rushing yards, 288 carries, 5.4 ypc, 49 receptions 476 yards. My gues is since his start in since week 10 last year he is 3rd in overall yards from scrimmage for backs
Quote:
Old 11-20-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote: