Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 10-27-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Looking at OG, C and WR

I love Jack Kirkpatrick of TCU. I see him as a prototype C. Anyone thing that UNC's Greg Little would be a good 2nd round pick? Too high? And Mike Pouncey should be available as a OG now that he has proven he is not a C.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think OG will get looked at I think there gonna go into next season thinking Bruce Campbell can compete for the job and win it.Center should be number 1 on the priority list.And WR why go threw the draft and get one unless a talent like Baldwin,Jones,Floyd,Green fall,when there is gonna be such talent available threw FA which they can get and there proven this team dosen't need another rookie WR they need a Vet WR.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
I don't think OG will get looked at I think there gonna go into next season thinking Bruce Campbell can compete for the job and win it.Center should be number 1 on the priority list.And WR why go threw the draft and get one unless a talent like Baldwin,Jones,Floyd,Green fall,when there is gonna be such talent available threw FA which they can get and there proven this team dosen't need another rookie WR they need a Vet WR.
Ultimately, I think BC takes the RT job. I can see him playing OG, but with his long arms and atheticism, he's a OT. We would be better served filling both C and RG long term as we have a OT.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think C is our biggest need as of now and maybe RT/RG depending on what we do with Bruce Campbell long term. Also CB needs to be addressed and I could see us drafting a DT early too to get younger

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

I agree with Center that should be #1
Looks like Cable wants Campbell to play RG I bet he could play RT.. If they keep him at RG then RT is a need
This team needs a vet WR
CB and OLB
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 OAK Draft Discussion

Discuss team needs, and players that are rising on your boards ...

As of now.. OL,DL,WLB,CB and QB are main needs

O'Dowd is pretty much top of the list with guys like Pouncey,Wisniewski right with him. Maybe Robert Quinn falls to us! Epic. Jerrelle Powe?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C, RG/RT, CB, OLB, DL, QB. Those are all the needs I think we could address. Maybe add in a 3rd TE but I vet could be signed for that. Wisniewski and O'Dowd are the guys I want to target at C. I think Pouncey is more of a OG. Maybe a guy like Marcus Cannon would work for us at RG/RT depending on what we do with Bruce Campbell.

Of course I fully support drafting Cameron Newton if there. Could step in and be a weapon in a wildcat formation day 1 and eventually be our starter 2 years down the road with Hue Jackson coaching him up

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Last edited by RaiderNation : 11-18-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I like the idea of going OL first depending on who is there maybe even John Moffit from Wisconsin who I like. If Cam is the best QB available there which we probably will be I wouldn't be opposed to pulling the trigger, would rather get him in the 3rd but doubt that he falls.
Go Amare.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

Center
Right Tackle

I think should be the top needs.

Raiders need to bring in a vet WR

I'm not sure where to rank OLB. Marshall likes to use Mike Mitchell at that spot. Most of the time Oak is in their nickle defense to begin with. I don't see them drafting a LB early in the draft.

QB is def a possibility

NT
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I'm hoping its O'Dowd or Wisneiwski in the 2nd but I think Jake Locker is the darkhorse canidate.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

If Locker is there in the 2nd.. I wouldn't hesitate tbh. He hasn't had the greatest year but Washington blows. Then in the 3rd get somebody like John Moffitt from Wisconsin to play guard.
Go Amare.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Pat Devlin in the 3rd or 4th?
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
What about Pat Devlin in the 3rd or 4th?
I don't really know much about him aside from him going to Delaware.. on wiki it says he was a PSU transfer has good size for a QB not great size. I like a couple guys ahead of him like Foles and Stanzi but if he is there in the 4th.. sure.
Go Amare.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there still room on the Cam Newton bandwagon if so I wanna hop on.

We have a really good run game no doubt about that but we saw what a great defense can do to a really good rushing game yesterday we need a QB that can throw the ball and Newton can certainly do that and it doesn't hurt that he is gifted with his legs also.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Davis will fall for Newton or Mallet. Both are his type of QBs and its pretty clear this team isn't going to playoffs with its current QB situation.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

We have a really good run game no doubt about that but we saw what a great defense can do to a really good rushing game yesterday we need a QB that can throw the ball and Newton can certainly do that and it doesn't hurt that he is gifted with his legs also.
What makes you think that?He hasn't even started a full season and hes barely thrown the ball over 200 times in his college career.Thats certainly not alot to say that he looks like he could be a good passer in the NFL. Raw athletic ability doesnt always translate.Hes only been relied upon to throw the ball more than run it 4 out of 11 games this year.Hes a major project at best IMO.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Clearly if we had a first I wouldn't risk it.. a 2nd is more worth it. However, depending on what is left on the board like Carimi? Pouncey? Sherrod.. even O'Dowd, I would rather have us go that way. If Cam is still there in the 3rd then I like it more of course.
Go Amare.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O'Dowd and Pouncey (as a guard) are the two guys that I'd love for us to target in the second round.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

2 Cameron Newton QB Auburn*
A talent Al Davis simply will not pass up if there. Gradkowski and Campbell arent our future but are good for the situation now. Newton can learn from Hue Jackson and still help by having a wildcat type offence for him to run. Him DMC and Bush in the backfield together will be nasty

3 John Moffitt C/G Wisconsin
Versitile linemen at 6'5 320lbs. Helps Wisconsin be one of the best running offenses in the nation the past few years. Can replace Satele/Carlisle depending on what we do with F/A and Bruce Campbell.

4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
We are going to need CB depth now with Nnamdi, CJ and Routt getting older. Brown has size at 6'0 190lbs with 4.4 speed.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just say no to Cam Newton.

I'd rather have Enderle in a later round, or Locker if he plummets to us round two.

You bring up an interesting point though. On one hand, Newton screams Al Davis draft pick. On the other hand, drafting him would pretty much signify Al's given up on Campbell - and I doubt Al is going to give up on him just after this season.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
2 Cameron Newton QB Auburn*
A talent Al Davis simply will not pass up if there. Gradkowski and Campbell arent our future but are good for the situation now. Newton can learn from Hue Jackson and still help by having a wildcat type offence for him to run. Him DMC and Bush in the backfield together will be nasty

3 John Moffitt C/G Wisconsin
Versitile linemen at 6'5 320lbs. Helps Wisconsin be one of the best running offenses in the nation the past few years. Can replace Satele/Carlisle depending on what we do with F/A and Bruce Campbell.

4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
We are going to need CB depth now with Nnamdi, CJ and Routt getting older. Brown has size at 6'0 190lbs with 4.4 speed.
I mean it isn't a bad draft tbh.. but I would still go line first. Moffitt is a grader on the inside and CB depth is also a potential need depending on how Ware and Walter work out. O and Locker won't fall to us, I didn't see Clausen dropping last year but he did. Locker in round 2 is hard to imagine but if so Id be pretty happy, as long as we go OL in the 3rd or 4th.

Edit- And if you guys had to choose between Ponder or Kerrigan who would it be? 2nd round of course
Go Amare.

Last edited by thenewfeature06 : 11-23-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
What makes you think that?He hasn't even started a full season and hes barely thrown the ball over 200 times in his college career.Thats certainly not alot to say that he looks like he could be a good passer in the NFL. Raw athletic ability doesnt always translate.Hes only been relied upon to throw the ball more than run it 4 out of 11 games this year.Hes a major project at best IMO.
I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.He is a work in progress but with Hue Jackson he can mold him just the way he wants to and can work with him.Is there even a chance that he will be there when we pick in the second round doubt full but if he was there I would take him in a heartbeat.He is more athletic then Vice Young was and has a better throwing motion then him.Like I said before I think this is really much of nothing I don't think Oakland has any chance to get him.But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB's

But Oakland needs to pray and hope one of the top 4 WR's cause our WR's suck ass plain and simple.
Chaz-Always hurt
Murphy-Plays hard but hands are very questionable not really count on him and sometimes he runs his mouth to much and doesn't just play
DHB-nuff said
Old 11-23-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.He is a work in progress but with Hue Jackson he can mold him just the way he wants to and can work with him.Is there even a chance that he will be there when we pick in the second round doubt full but if he was there I would take him in a heartbeat.He is more athletic then Vice Young was and has a better throwing motion then him.Like I said before I think this is really much of nothing I don't think Oakland has any chance to get him.But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB's

But Oakland needs to pray and hope one of the top 4 WR's cause our WR's suck ass plain and simple.
Chaz-Always hurt
Murphy-Plays hard but hands are very questionable not really count on him and sometimes he runs his mouth to much and doesn't just play
DHB-nuff said
I did forgot a little that we brought in Hue, who is a great QB coach from what I know living in MD. Newton is more likely to fall rather than Mallett but it could pay off. I also think WR is a need, we did just draft DHB who is coming along? Murphy can play slot in the NFL imo but still isn't as explosive as Percy.. If Floyd is there. Yes.
Go Amare.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cam Newton go in the top 10..Too much talent and the production to match.

Obviously O-line is a huge issue. C/RG/RT need upgrades.

CB depth is big too

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I did forgot a little that we brought in Hue, who is a great QB coach from what I know living in MD. Newton is more likely to fall rather than Mallett but it could pay off. I also think WR is a need, we did just draft DHB who is coming along? Murphy can play slot in the NFL imo but still isn't as explosive as Percy.. If Floyd is there. Yes.
That's it it's all words and storys with DHB never production on the field with him besides the Seattle game,And quit frankly getting really tired of him too.In the perfect world Floyd would fall but very unlikely Oakland best choice would most likely be FA Moss,Holmes,Sims-Walker,Driver,Jones,Edwards,Breaston,Malcolm Floyd,Naanee,Clayton.

Not all of them will hit the market but a handfull of them will and will be a excellent pick