Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 11-23-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would do dirty things for us to draft Ronald Johnson in the third round. I think there's a good possibility he'll be there, too. He has that deep speed that we can't get enough of. I also wouldn't mind a bigger target like Terrance Tolliver and Austin Pettis. The team is looking to infuse young players from "winning" backgrounds, and based on their teams' successes this season, the latter two players appear to fit that mantra. Pettis, in particular, is a team captain and special teams ace, which can only add to his value in our coaching staff's eyes. At the end of the day we'll see if something like that would be enough to sway from Al's comfort zone.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we take either DT or O-line in the 2nd, whichever one has the BPA and then take the other in the 3rd. Those have been our biggest problems for years. Even with Seymour and Kelly playing well right now, we need some youth at DT. Other than that, I hope we target a CB and an OLB for depth.

I really hope we stay away from Newton/Locker types. They are guys with all the physical tools but look like projects at the next level. I also don't think we need to draft a WR. Our current core hasn't produced much lately, but just remember Campbell has been the QB for the vast majority of that time and he rarely throws the ball to his WR's. The last time Bruce was healthy and starting, the WR's looked pretty good. Maybe sign a solid vet, but I don't think it needs to be one of the big names.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether we like it or not, Al will draft a receiver in the first four rounds of this draft. It's not a matter of if, but who?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be Greg "Thug" Little... lol no but seriously I think he CAN be good but not sure if he has the mental toughness to play in the NFL.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Locker or Newton is there, we have to pull the trigger. we have nothing to look forward to at QB. I, like everyone here, loves Bruce, but he can't stay healthy. If we can get some guy with a bright future and let him sit behind Bruce and Campbell, maybe after next year we have our franchise QB and the rebuilding process is nearly complete.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

Not having a 1st round pick I think it would be a perfect time to upgrade the Center position. I would rather have a true #1 WR but if our first pick comes in the middle of the 2nd round chances are slim. That said a quality starter center for the next couple years could be found in that range. That position has been a mess ever since Barret Robbins lost his head....

I dont know exactly who it could be, but I want a tough, durable, reliable, strong and smart guy. Somebody with a lot of experience who was a leader on his college and HS teams.

Last edited by Raider_fan_Canada : 11-28-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thread sticky and merge.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O-line is definitely the way to go. I really would like to see Bruce Campbell start next year. Though C is definitely a huge need, and depending where Campbell ends up playing RT/RG should also be adressed. One thing we need is another shutdown corner. I ain't confident in CJ or Routt across from Nnamdi. Bringing in another shutdown guy would be huge for our defense.

I personally would love to have Newton, but I really doubt he does drop to the 2nd.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.
thats merely a matter of opinion I've seen him make some weak throws and some good throws but the fact is hes hardly thrown the ball much during his college career so the scouts don't have alot that they can judge on.Hes also in an offense that uses the pass in order to suprise its opponents.Its fairly easy to say though that he does have alot of potential. Lets not pretend that this organization is run like most others this is Al Davis in charge and to think that Cables job will be safe for a couple more seasons is a mistake. Putting a raw QB who needs time to develop in a situation where the coaching staff,schemes,and everything else change pretty easily isn't a good idea. Newton in Oakland seems like a oil and water situation to me.
Quote:
But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB's
Thats great for a mock draft. It doesn't support your argument.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Argument no opinion yes,

But Can I please get a real QB please,I would literally do anything to get A.Luck or trade whatever needed for K.Kolb.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb is intriguing, but they will want a king's ransom for him.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't see them wanting no more then what Houston gave to Atlanta.from what I see

Luck
Newton
Mallett

in that order we have a shot to J.Locker.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Locker, Ponder or Newton in the 2nd sounds just about right

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im all for Newton or Locker. With our O-line still not established yet it benefits our offense way more to have a QB that can escape the rush. Newton would offer up some more playcall options. Designed QB runs FTW!!!!
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagU View Post
Im all for Newton or Locker. With our O-line still not established yet it benefits our offense way more to have a QB that can escape the rush. Newton would offer up some more playcall options. Designed QB runs FTW!!!!
That's not gonna fly in the NFL. I doubt we get a shot at either, to be honest here. Newton is destined for the top 10, and Locker for the top 20.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone like Nick Foles is far more likely. That said, if Luck and Newton come out, some QB will probably fall into the late 1st or farther. I kinda doubt we see 4 QB's go top 20.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Someone like Nick Foles is far more likely. That said, if Luck and Newton come out, some QB will probably fall into the late 1st or farther. I kinda doubt we see 4 QB's go top 20.
I'm a big fan of Foles. He's got the intangibles that I look for in a QB, to go with the cannon for an arm. I'd even settle for someone like Stanzi in the third or fourth round.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'd much rather snag a center in the 2nd and try and get a vet QB, but it depends on who becomes available. Maybe Denver is stupid and lets Orton walk. I'd love to get him on this offense.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Orton behind our offensive line would be a joke.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Because some other QB or a rookie QB would be better behind the line, correct?
Old 11-28-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

This is where we probably have to take two steps back to take one giant leap forward as a franchise. Drafting a dual-threat QB in the mold of Newton or Locker (one of which you suggested might be available in the latter portion of the first round) would be most ideal. I'm really liking Foles, though. He's got a quick release, reminiscent of a Philip Rivers. The prospects of him being available actually has me really excited.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

It doesn't have to be a dual threat QB the oline is far from great but they have some pieces to the puzzle.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Newton - please no. Project player with horrible mechanics. Needs serious work. I'd take Mallet, Enderle, Devlin (in a later round) or even Locker over him.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
It doesn't have to be a dual threat QB the oline is far from great but they have some pieces to the puzzle.
We need someone who can do work outside the pocket, because the interior of our line is dog ****. Where are we going to find these upgrades, besides investing in high draft picks? It's not an issue that is practical to fix this offseason. It'll probably take an offseason or two, perhaps as well as the possibility of a coaching change, to feasibly address the issue(s).
Old 11-29-2010, 03:06 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

I believe if Cable gets the axe and Hue takes over you will see Campbell move back to his more natural position in OT.I dont care if we get our qb threw the draft,fa,or a trade we just need one bad.I would love to get Orton if the Broncos are stupid enough to let him go and then focus on the offense line with a new center and maybe a wr