Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Big Black
Rookie

Big Black hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Still no DC hired, but still are rumors we might want to run a 3-4. If we end up doing so, a NT or OLB could be a 2nd round need.
Doubt that happens since the DL coach Mike Waufle's experience has solely been in the 4-3. And with the success the DL had last year I think Al wouldn't want to change a thing. Not to mention guys like Shaughnessy and Houston wouldn't really fit a position in the 3-4 since they're more 4-3 guys.
Big Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Former Raiders Pro Bowl G Steve Wisniewski has joined the Raiders coaching staff as assistant offensive line coach.

Wont be surprised if we take Stefen now in the 2nd.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the Raiders in fenikz's forum mock. The way its going to work is all the FA's which obviously is a pretty big deal for the Raiders. I plan on going for interior O-Line and CB early on. What other positions should I be looking to address?

Also is there anyone I should put anyone on the trade block?

*Carson Palmer can be had. Thoughts?

Last edited by TACKLE : 01-28-2011 at 08:04 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think our chances are of getting Mankins? He obviously wants money and not another ring. The Pats offered him a deal they thought was fair and he clearly though it wasn't and we all know Davis and how much cash he likes to dole out to players. The only problem is we have pretty big names to re-sign.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
*Carson Palmer can be had. Thoughts?
I'd rather trade for Matt Flynn or Kevin Kolb or sign Leinart than Palmer.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are going to stick with Campbell for atleast another year, so I would just keep it with him. Address the C position(Wisniewski is prefered), OLB(Dontay Moch), DT and CB.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 01-29-2011, 05:14 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Palmer is done! and i think we will stick with Campbell for at least next season
and sign a backup QB, like Bulger or Leinart.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
What do you guys think our chances are of getting Mankins? He obviously wants money and not another ring. The Pats offered him a deal they thought was fair and he clearly though it wasn't and we all know Davis and how much cash he likes to dole out to players. The only problem is we have pretty big names to re-sign.
Theyre just as good as anyone elses but the fact that he played at Fresno State helps. For the Raiders that would be a huge upgrade.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Former Raiders Pro Bowl G Steve Wisniewski has joined the Raiders coaching staff as assistant offensive line coach.

Wont be surprised if we take Stefen now in the 2nd.
This is good news to me, I wasn't able to watch Steve but from what I hear he was great. Drafting Stefen would be a great decision based off need and probably value as well depending on who is there.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I personally would rather sign our guys first, then go after F/A's. Asomugha, Seymour and Miller are the 3 must guys we need to resign IMO

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 01-29-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
I personally would rather sign our guys first, then go after F/A's. Asomugha, Seymour and Miller are the 3 must guys we need to resign IMO
I'd throw Wimbley in there too....best 4-3 OLB in the league in 2010. Huff almost makes the "must re-sign" list.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
I'd throw Wimbley in there too....best 4-3 OLB in the league in 2010. Huff almost makes the "must re-sign" list.
Yes Wimbley would liekly be my #4, while Bush would get the nod over Huff for me. I think we can do fine with Branch, Mitchell and maybe a F/A or trade.

If the CBA stays similar Bush will be a RFA, and likely to be tendered as a 1st round pick

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Last edited by RaiderNation : 01-31-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:15 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Updated Raiders Mock:

2 Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State
With the recent hiring of his uncle, I think if he slides to us we will jump on him. Satele seems like a solid back up, and adding a starting caliber C to this oline will help alot. He is the prospect like Pouncey, Mangold or Mack but I think he can be a above average starting linemen in the league. Instant impact guy

3 Dontay Moch OLB Nevada
Al Davis will love this pick. Moch will likely run in the high 4.4's to low 4.5's and look like a great athelte. We have a need opposite of Wimbley and we seem to likely pass rushing type tweeners. One thing I thought about earlier today is if we think of OLB as huge need, could Al trade up for Von Miller who seems like the perfect fit?

4 Kendric Burney CB UNC
According this this website, we were seen talking to him at the Senior Bowl. I think he is a #3 type CB for us who can be steal, also being a factor in special teams. Al has recently like smaller CB's and Burney fits into the mold.

5 Andrew Jackson OG Fresno State
I think developing a OG for the future is a smart idea. Gallery is getting older and is a F/A, and there some questions at RG. Rumor is Al wants Bruce Campbell to be our starting RG in place of vet Cooper Carlisle. Jackson has the height to add weight for a few offseasons before he has to see the field.

6 Terrell McClain DT USF
Our dline is the strength of this defense, and adding a young rotational guy would be another good idea. McClain is a small school prospect who has nice size at 6'3 310lbs. He has been a productive player and could hopefully find a spot in the rotation.

7 Joe Lefeged DB Rutgers

Another prospect we were reported to be talking too. Seems like the yearly special teams late round pick we draft. Our special teams have been improving.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Last edited by RaiderNation : 01-30-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontay Moch wouldn't be much of a upgrade over Thomas Howard,He is what only 226 pounds.He wouldn't offer much to this team at LB oe DE at 226.I would consider that pick as a waist of a pick if it happened.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
Dontay Moch wouldn't be much of a upgrade over Thomas Howard,He is what only 226 pounds.He wouldn't offer much to this team at LB oe DE at 226.I would consider that pick as a waist of a pick if it happened.
He is listed 245lbs on this site. I think he could be our other speed rusher besides Wimbley, and also can learn how to play OLB

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is listed 245lbs on this site. I think he could be our other speed rusher besides Wimbley, and also can learn how to play OLB
He weight it around 226 or around there like 3 weeks ago.

Edit: East West shrine game weigh in

Dontay Moch OLB Nevada West-55 6013 229 32 3/4 9 1/4
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if my man Bruce is there in the 2nd which is now looking more realistic, we should pick him up.
Go Amare.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

We were rumored to talk to Casey Matthews, who could be a fit at WLB

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-05-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I think if my man Bruce is there in the 2nd which is now looking more realistic, we should pick him up.
Risky unless his knee injury has improved alot

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-05-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

This is true, I haven't heard anything about how he is coming along but usually athletic freaks like him can rehab quickly. He would pair up well with Rolando no doubt but it would be more of a luxury pick since it isn't a 2nd round need.
Go Amare.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Santana Moss is set to be a F/A this off season, and adding a vet WR could be what this offence is needing. He had one of the best seasons in his career last year with inconsistant QB play, and already has played with Campbell. He is a better option than Ochocinco IMO

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-07-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Yeah I think that could most certainly help the WR core, he isn't great but he is alot more reliable than what we have currently. Once I saw that yesterday I thought the same thing haha he has played with J Campbell and I mean though he is small he gets in and out of his routes with the best of them.
Go Amare.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the Raiders in the most recent forum mock. We got up to the 5th round. All the FA"s return in this so my position focus was a little different.

2. Muhammed Wilkerson, DT, Temple
3. Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada
4. Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
5. Will Rackley, G/T, Lehigh

7th round pick traded for Derrick Harvey

What do you guys think?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:07 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I had the Raiders in the most recent forum mock. We got up to the 5th round. All the FA"s return in this so my position focus was a little different.

2. Muhammed Wilkerson, DT, Temple
3. Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada
4. Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
5. Will Rackley, G/T, Lehigh

7th round pick traded for Derrick Harvey

What do you guys think?
The oline must be addressed earlier. No doubt within our first 2 picks. The Moch pick makes a lot of sense. I would probably go C in the 2nd and DT in the 4th

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-11-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The oline must be addressed earlier. No doubt within our first 2 picks. The Moch pick makes a lot of sense. I would probably go C in the 2nd and DT in the 4th
Just some explanations...

I was aware C was the biggest need coming in but both Pouncey and Wisniewski were gone and there is a very large drop off after. A guy like O'Dowd in the 2nd is way too big of a reach in the mid-2nd imo. Getting Kirkpatrick in the 4th was better to me than any center in the 2nd. Wilkerson is viewed as a first round talent in a lot of draft circles so getting him where I did was a great value and physically, he profiles perfectly for the type of DT the Raiders prefer. Will Rackley was actually my favorite pick of the bunch. He's small school sleeper from Lehigh. He played LT in college but will be looks at as a RT/G prospect. His stock is steadily rising. He's viewed by many as a 3rd round pick so I was happy that he fell to the fifth. He had a great E-W Shrine game and he could come in and upgrade that RG spot and let Bruce move outside where he belongs.