Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-12-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why everyone wants Pouncey for C. He's shown that he's good at OG and isn't at C. I don't like Wisniewski as much as everyone else, but I like Moffitt. I also don't understand the early DT picks. Kelly and Bryant are good DTs and Seymour and Henderson are too if we re-sign them. Bryant fills in at DE sometimes with Shaugnessy and Houston starting and Wimbley rotating in. If anything, we need to work on our LBs more than our DTs.

If it's possible I'd rather go...

2. Aaron Williams
3. John Moffitt
4. Mark Herzlich
5. Andy Dalton

For the last 2 picks I'd go with a OT or OG and FS.

Re-sign Priorities: Asomugha, Seymour, Miller, Gallery, Gradkowski, Walker

Offense
QB: Campbell, Gradkowski, Dalton
RB: McFadden, Bush, Cartwright
WR: Murphy, Ford, Heyward-Bey, Schilens (Let Higgins and Miller go, sign 2 WRs, hopefully one who can take some returns for Ford)
TE: Miller, Myers
LT: Veldheer, Henderson
LG: Gallery, Loper (I think he'll do better in a power-running scheme)
C: Moffitt, Satele
RG: Campbell (Hopefully, he improves?), Cut Carlisle and move Barnes to OG or draft a rookie OG
RT: Walker, Barnes or Rookie OT

Defense
LE: Houston, Rotate in Scott and Groves
RE: Shaugnessy, Moss(I think he still has some potential), Rotate Wimbley and Bryant
DT: Seymour, Kelly, Bryant, Henderson
WLB: Scott, Herzlich, Groves
MLB: McClain, Goethel
SLB: Wimbley, Brown
CB: Asomugha, Williams, McFadden, Johnson, Routt, Ware
FS: Huff, Rookie
SS: Branch, Mitchell

Biggest FA interest IMO should be Mankins.

Last edited by whatadai : 02-12-2011 at 01:44 PM.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I had the Raiders in the most recent forum mock. We got up to the 5th round. All the FA"s return in this so my position focus was a little different.

2. Muhammed Wilkerson, DT, Temple
3. Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada
4. Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
5. Will Rackley, G/T, Lehigh

7th round pick traded for Derrick Harvey

What do you guys think?
Muhammed Wilkerson would hardly ever see the field.The Raiders have one of the deepest and most versatile defense lines in the NFL.Seymour,Kelly,Bryant,Houston,Shaughnessy,Scott ,I expect Henderson to be brought back.We all know Houston is just playing DE right now cause that's his best chance to play right now and will in time move to DT.With Dontay Moch we might as well just keep Thomas Howard cause he is just gonna turn into him at least Howard have decent size and height.

The second round pick has to be a player on the offense line or a CB
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I am thinking DT could be address maybe in the 4th or 5th round as more of a developmental guy for the future.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to select Sione Fua in the 4th round and develop him.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signed Seymour for another 2 years. Now we gotta get Nnamdi

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-18-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

Raiders Mock

Rd 2- S Wiz C (Legacy Bloodline players are always nice)
Rd 3- C Matthews LB ^^^^^ (would play WLB in Raiders scheme)
Rd 4- M Gilbert or J Pinkston OT
Rd 5- C Thornton DT/DE
Rd 6- K Reuland TE
Rd 7- C Harris CB
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

I think I have come to the conclusion that the TWO players the Raiders should target with their first pick in the 2nd Round should be either:

C- Stefan Wisnewski 6′3, 313.
or
RT/RG- Marcus Cannon 6′5, 350.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight01 View Post
I think I have come to the conclusion that the TWO players the Raiders should target with their first pick in the 2nd Round should be either:

C- Stefan Wisnewski 6′3, 313.
or
RT/RG- Marcus Cannon 6′5, 350.
Either would give us an instant upgrade along the oline

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Also reports saying we arent bringing back RG Cooper Carlisle. Thank god, hopefully Bruce Campbell(who is rumored to be the next in line already) can be a upgrade

My Raiders Mock

Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Also reports saying we arent bringing back RG Cooper Carlisle. Thank god, hopefully Bruce Campbell(who is rumored to be the next in line already) can be a upgrade

The other player I would love to see as a Raider is DE/WILL OLB propsect Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue. He looked like a beast during drills at the combine at 6'4 and a solid 267 pounds.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The other player I would love to see as a Raider is DE/WILL OLB propsect Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue. He looked like a beast during drills at the combine at 6'4 and a solid 267 pounds.
I dont think he'll last til us but we can always hope, plus I can see Al moving into the first round if he likes someone enough.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He is a top 20 pick and wouldnt fit our defense even though he is a good prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
I dont think he'll last til us but we can always hope, plus I can see Al moving into the first round if he likes someone enough.
I have the feeling Al will trade up back into the late 1st for a guy he wants. We have moved around in the 2nd the past few drafts and there are some guys in this draft Al will want. Jimmy Smith from Colorado if he falls, maybe Wisniewski if he is rated this high, or maybe a OG like Marcus Cannon who has the standout size and athleticism Al will look for since we are moving to a power scheme

My Raiders Mock

Old 03-03-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
In an offseason in which the Oakland Raiders are prepared to lose cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, they also will lose left guard Robert Gallery.

After speaking with Raiders owner Al Davis, Gallery has decided to sign somewhere else whenever free agency begins....
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6178205

Even more proof to why I think Wisniewski is going to be a Raider. Bruce Campbell is a starter going into next season as a LG or RG for us, so Wisniewski can fill the other guard spot, or move to Center depending on what we want to do.

My Raiders Mock

Old 03-03-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to sign Damien Woody and have him at RT and since Davis is so adamant about having Campbell start on the line, hopefully he'll do well at RG? Ugh.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

JaMarcus Russell facing foreclosure on his $2.4 million dollar home. HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
I would love to sign Damien Woody and have him at RT and since Davis is so adamant about having Campbell start on the line, hopefully he'll do well at RG? Ugh.
Really think that would be a waste of money, maybe a 1 year? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I don't know.

I kind of think Aaron Williams should be our pick if he is available, and then see who is there in the 3rd.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I have the feeling we will trade up this year for a CB(Amukamara or Jimmy Smith) in the 1st round because Nnamdi does look like he will be gone. Al always pulls off a mid round trade to get a guy he wants and is willing to change around picks. Jimmy Smith profiles as a Nnamdi Asmugha lite type prospect who is experienced in man to man and has the size at 6'2 211lbs 4.46(Nnamdi was 6'2 213lbs 4.45 and similar in ranking and play).

My Raiders Mock

Old 03-04-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have seen little of Smith, but that little has been good.. def don't think he turn out anything near that, but I could be wrong.
Go Amare.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I have seen little of Smith, but that little has been good.. def don't think he turn out anything near that, but I could be wrong.
Nobody thought Nnamdi would turn out like he has...

My Raiders Mock

Old 03-04-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well.. i'm sure somebody has already made this "joke" by now...
but what round are you guys going to take demarcus van dyke?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Yeah RN good point, I like the CB class this year.. what is the possibilty of us trading into the first? Brandon Harris is my guy, a little undersized but he can ball. Aaron Williams might be the guy that slips but that could be wishful thinking.

And I love DVD.
Go Amare.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/6124.html
Quote:
The Oakland Raiders officially announced who their leader on defense will be…

And to no ones surprise, they elevated Chuck Bresnahan from ‘defensive coach’ to coordinator, today.

“I am impressed with [Chuck Bresnahan's] passion, attention to detail and energy,” stated Hue Jackson.

“The fact that I’ve had the chance to be in defensive meetings with Chuck and watch him lead the defensive staff made it an easy decision to name him our defensive coordinator,” continued the head coach.

Bresnahan will serve his second tour of duty as coordinator after being at the helm of a defense that went to a Super Bowl after the 2002 season. That season, he was the beneficiary of solid veteran free-agent signings and players that developed into solid talents. Oakland had many shrewd moves, bringing in veteran like John Parrella, Sam Adams, Bill Romanowski, Rod Woodson and drafting Napoleon Harris.

They already had established talents in Charles Woodson, Tory James and Trace Armstrong, along with up and comers like Rod Coleman and Eric Barton.

He was fired in Cincinnati after the Bengals ranked 28th (2005), 30th (2006) and 27th (2007) in total defense during his stay as coordinator. Those results came while working with Marvin Lewis, who was known for his defensive prowess with the Ravens, before being the head man in Cincinnati.

With the additions of Rod Woodson (cornerback coach) and Greg Biekert (linebacker coach), all signs pointed to Bresnahan revisiting his role as coordinator of that unit. His title as ‘defensive coach’ left a lot to the imagination, but with Bresnahan having a working past with Woodson and Biekert, and very little movement regarding importing any outside staffers, it was a matter of time before Oakland reported this decision.
:(

My Raiders Mock

Old 03-08-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Rumors are Al wants Loper as a starter at LG

My Raiders Mock

Old 03-08-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Lousy to hire Chuck B as the new DC. Should have just kept Marshall.

A very uninspiring choice to be the new DC by old man Al and Huey.

If they pick a CB as their first pick in Round 2, then I will be pissed. If the defense wasn't up to snuff with the best CB in the game in Nnamdi and if they let him go and get nothing in return, then why waste a pick on rookie CB to replace him??

Ugh.....lets hope they don't pick a CB until at least Round 5.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Rumors are Al wants Loper as a starter at LG
Loper looked decent in limited action last year, especially in the run game...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote