Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-18-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Mario Henderson got arrested for a concealed weapon. Orlando Franklin is looking like a nice pick at some point. Could play either G or T.Personally I think he could make a great RT.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it appears as if Jimmy Smith will be available at 48 after all....

I have to see it to believe it, though.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
So it appears as if Jimmy Smith will be available at 48 after all....

I have to see it to believe it, though.
I still think he is a lock 1st round pick, but I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up on our team at the end of the 1st round. Am I the only one thinking Al will make a big move to replace Nnamdi(if he is gone)

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres a good breakdown of what we have done this off season...
http://www.csnbayarea.com/03/17/11/R...44&feedID=2801

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-21-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

Reaching for a CB and hoping he can replace Nnamdi would be a TERRIBLE waste pick by the Raiders in Round 2 IMO.
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

Rather see the Raiders pick Stefan Wisnewski, Brooks Reed, Marcus Cannon or Orlando Franklin ahead of a freakin CB with that Round 2 pick.
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:38 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so what are your thoughts on CB in the 2nd?
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind us going CB in the 2nd, it would have to be like Aaron Williams/Brandon Harris/Jimmy Smith.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in a mock draft as the Raiders....here's what I've done so far.

2. Steve Wisniewski, OG, Penn State
3. Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
4. Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Dalton in the fourth? I'm all over that. All over it.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

If Marcus Cannon falls to us in the 2nd, Im all for selecting him. Al loves big RT's(like Langston Walker) so he could fit in there or possibly slide inside to LG or RG.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-07-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Another guy who I think Al could target is Martez Wilson, depending on how he feels about our need at OLB. Wilson stood out at the combine running a 4.49 and coming in at 6'3 250lbs.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Rolando didn't really stand out in the combine as much as other ones have so maybe he is changing his ways... but I have no clue what he thinks.

Martez Wilson is a pretty good pick if he fell to us.

Houston/Wilson/McClain is a legit young core.
Go Amare.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default DT....

We've had the one of the worst run defenses in the league for the past decade, if a big bodied DT falls (Wilkerson) or if Marvin Austin is available I think we need to look at them.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
We've had the one of the worst run defenses in the league for the past decade, if a big bodied DT falls (Wilkerson) or if Marvin Austin is available I think we need to look at them.
I doubt it after what Seymour and Kelly did last year, along with us signing John Henderson to a 8m contract. I can see us going DT later in the draft though in the 4-6 rounds to get a developmental guy. Im pretty sold on that we will go OL,CB or OLB in the 2nd depending on value.

Rumor is we are interest in Ben Ijalana who could fit at RT or OG for us. We also like Carimi, and he could be a possible prospect we trade up for in the draft if he falls in the late 20's. We also have worked out Kaepernick who could be a developmental QB who can sit behind Campbell for a year or 2.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-22-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Nnamdi officially not coming back, but I'm still not buying that we go CB in the 2nd or 3rd unless we trade up from Jimmy Smith. Hue already said he believes we have talent at CB young and old, and I think we can possibly go OL in the 2 picks. Something like this would make me very happy

2nd Orlando Franklin OT Miami
3rd Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State
4th Curtis Marsh CB Utah State

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-22-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone here think Stan Routt is even a good #2 corner? Let alone ready to takeover #1?

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Does anyone here think Stan Routt is even a good #2 corner? Let alone ready to takeover #1?
I think he will go fine. He got thrown at alot since teams just refused to go at Nnamdi. Every CB gets beat every once in a while and the chances are higher when you have a guy like Nnamdi playing opposite of you since the other team has the WR Nnamdi isnt covering as the go to guy during the plays.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-24-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

I am slightly worried if Aso is leaving.

Hopefully we can trade into the first, or have somebody like A Will slip to us or even Brandon Harris! (unlikely)
Go Amare.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Ive had the feeling all off season long that we are going to trade up back into the 1st. Jimmy Smith or Gabe Carimi are likely targets if we do.

Also funny at the end that Hue talks about how Al makes the pick at the end of the day, even though he gets input from everybody

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-25-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are rumored to be interested in Kaepernick...thoughts?

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
We are rumored to be interested in Kaepernick...thoughts?
Wouldnt mind him in the 4th. We have to upgrade other positions before taking a QB for the future.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-26-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

It is being reported that Mario Henderson and Khalif Barnes are gone. Both want to challenge for a LT spot(good luck with that). Also Langston Walker is considering retirement which is bad news for us. He did alright at RT last year and I was really hoping we would slide him to LG in place of Gallery.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Mario Henderson has to go...he can't play pro football.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Both Carimi and Smith are gone, so expect us to go Franklin, Ijalana or Wisniewski in the 2nd. I would not be against moving up for Bowers either. I have him ranked as a top 10 prospect, and if he were to pan out he would give us a even better dline.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707