Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 10-13-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
I think what he's trying to say, and this is just my guess, is that if he's the 33rd pick he's going to a bottom feeder and they'd be getting a 1st round type RD in the 2nd round aka to two 1st round picks in a sense. I could be wrong, but I think that's what he meant. You already knew this though so I don't know what he actually meant in the grand scheme of things
You're spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping that Miller falls to Denver in the early 2nd.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
You're spot on!
Had that feeling you meant that. It could be a reverse Drew Brees and LT situation in a sense
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Miami - UNC game right now and the 'Canes have barely used Miller in the first half thus far. Kinda disappointing. This is my first chance to watch a full Miami game this year and I was wanting to get a better feel for Miller's game, hopefully he'll get some touches in the second half. Also, is Dwight Jones even playing?
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC making Miami throw atm, and Jacory is shredding them. Lamar will get his in the 2nd half though, that's when he normally goes off and breaks one.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally get to see Miami and UNC keys on Miller.

It has been a nice display of Giovanni Bernard's skills though.

Last edited by Rabscuttle : 10-15-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does he stand with you all on the BB now?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
patriots21
Rookie

patriots21 is a cocksman.patriots21 is a cocksman.patriots21 is a cocksman.

Miller is a legitimate top 15 pick. The fact that most teams have good backs will be the only thing preventing him from going in the first half of the first. He reminds me a lot of Ryan Mathews.
patriots21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Miller way more than I liked Matthews.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots21 View Post
Miller is a legitimate top 15 pick. The fact that most teams have good backs will be the only thing preventing him from going in the first half of the first. He reminds me a lot of Ryan Mathews.
Miller is faster and more explosive than Matthews.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller is more like Portis/Tomlinson/Demarco Murray.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Miller is more like Portis/Tomlinson/Demarco Murray.
Tomlinson was far better than any of those guys coming out. And Portis and Murray were completely different players in college.

If you were going to pick one guy out of those 3 to compare Miller to I guess I would go with Portis.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:39 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are Portis and Murray 'completely different'??
All those backs as prospects have similarities IMO, whether it's physical measurables or running style.

They aren't clones but they are comparable running backs.
And I don't know how you can say Tomlinson coming out of TCU playing in the WAC was a clearly superior RB. Yeah LaDainian beasted in college, but it was against the UTEPs of college football.
I think CP/Lamar Miller/Demarco Murray all would have had similar numbers playing in the WAC.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:38 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Miller is a thicker, healthier Best.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How are Portis and Murray 'completely different'??
All those backs as prospects have similarities IMO, whether it's physical measurables or running style.

They aren't clones but they are comparable running backs.
And I don't know how you can say Tomlinson coming out of TCU playing in the WAC was a clearly superior RB. Yeah LaDainian beasted in college, but it was against the UTEPs of college football.
I think CP/Lamar Miller/Demarco Murray all would have had similar numbers playing in the WAC.
The numbers weren't the reason Tomlinson was drafted so high. He had uncanny vision, and the ability to cut laterally that very few have had.

He was a far superior prospect to Portis or Murray coming out.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:12 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkw267 View Post
The numbers weren't the reason Tomlinson was drafted so high. He had uncanny vision, and the ability to cut laterally that very few have had.

He was a far superior prospect to Portis or Murray coming out.
His production was a part of the reason he was drafted 5th overall. I don't think if you watch Tomlinson's college film you sit there and think, 'wow I can't believe I'm seeing a RB with his vision or cutting ability'.

Tomlinson's in the HOF so there's no real point in debating it, but playing in the WAC definitely benefited his final draft grade IMO.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

This is how I see it.....

We all know he is fast. Right now he is looking at the 20-15 range in the 1st Round. All he has to do is blaze the 40 in a 4.2-4.3 range and that will solidify him as a Top 10-15 pick. The only problem right now, is that RBs are not as heavily valued as they were before and not many teams need a RB in the 1st Round. I actually see him in 1 of 2 situations, Cincy or Cleveland because both teams have 2 1st Round picks to play around with. Why not take a great value, when Hillis may not be back and Benson is hanging on threads to still stick around the league.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 01-15-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Bengals fan, I'm all about looking for a good RB this year.

I don't think the Bengals have a real shot at getting Richardson without trading up, and from what I'm hearing/seeing with Miller, he sounds like he'd be a heck of a runner for Cincinnati.

If he's there at the 17th or 21st spot, I wouldn't be mad at all if they pulled the trigger on this kid.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I'm hoping that Miller falls to Denver in the early 2nd.
This post is why Tebow haters need to chill a little. The Broncos will be picking 25 in the first and 57 i the 2nd Not exactly early any longer.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
As a Bengals fan, I'm all about looking for a good RB this year.

I don't think the Bengals have a real shot at getting Richardson without trading up, and from what I'm hearing/seeing with Miller, he sounds like he'd be a heck of a runner for Cincinnati.

If he's there at the 17th or 21st spot, I wouldn't be mad at all if they pulled the trigger on this kid.
Cincy would be a perfect fit for Lamar at the 17 or 21 spot. He would do great in that offense.

As a Miami fan, I've always been a HUGE fan. IMO he does run similar to Mathews, although he's much more durable and much faster. He compares more favorable to Clinton when he came out. Very similar styles and abilities, but even faster than Clinton, which is SCARY! This guy has real game-breaking ability and speed. No way he comes in anything slower than 4.4 at the combine. Whoever gets him is going to get an All-Pro for the next decade or so.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 01-15-2012 at 03:52 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Whoever gets him is going to get an All-Pro for the next decade or so.
I think you may be reaching a bit....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
treefi
Rookie

treefi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
His production was a part of the reason he was drafted 5th overall. I don't think if you watch Tomlinson's college film you sit there and think, 'wow I can't believe I'm seeing a RB with his vision or cutting ability'.

Tomlinson's in the HOF so there's no real point in debating it, but playing in the WAC definitely benefited his final draft grade IMO.
Everyone thought of Tomlinson as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick until he worked out. Deuce McAllister was the RB hyped as a top 5 pick around bowl season. LaMont Jordan too earlier in the year. Most draft experts thought playing at TCU was a huge red flag/question mark so people wondered about his speed. Then before the draft he started clocking 4.3ish 40's at 220 pounds and also caught the ball extremely well.

=
Top 5 pick

Last edited by treefi : 01-16-2012 at 11:33 AM.
treefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I think you may be reaching a bit....
I really don't think I am.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny RB's are undervalued until you get a AP, CJ2K, MJD or Foster and then they become the most important player on your offense.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefi View Post
Everyone thought of Tomlinson as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick until he worked out. Deuce McAllister was the RB hyped as a top 5 pick around bowl season. LaMont Jordan too earlier in the year. Most draft experts thought playing at TCU was a huge red flag/question mark so people wondered about his speed. Then before the draft he started clocking 4.3ish 40's at 220 pounds and also caught the ball extremely well.

=
Top 5 pick
Your right about him moving up substantially after his post season performance but it wasn't just his 40 times. He showed in the post season he could be very effective running between the tackles, in college, every carry was to the outside and scouts and GM's had no way to tell until the post season whether or not he could run straight ahead and be an effective cut back runner. Once he started to dominate running between the tackles in the post season, his rankings went through the roof.