Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I really doubt Favre comes back next year, I'm actually more confident saying that than I should be, but I really can't see him even wanting to come back after what has happened this year.

I also wouldn't necessarily say the Vikes were the more talented team, it is really close, but I consider both teams to be two of the most talented teams on paper, when healthy.
If Favre still wants to play football again next season after the season he has had, it may sound awful and I am a Favre fan, but if he still wants to play. He needs to seek a psychologist again. Seriously, he does the **** he pulled the last four offseasons of going back and forth, he will even lose me as a fan of his. And I might be one of the few he has at this point.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Part of it comes down to the fact that both struggled in the trenches this year too, particularly with the offensive line. You can have all-world talent at the skill positions, but the big uglies make them go.
The struggles in the trenches are the biggest reasons why both Dallas and Minny have struggled, IMO. I've siad it before, but the QB and RB are nothing without the line in front of them. Dallas' O-line has struggled more than the Vikings', but the Vikes' D-line has underacheived more than Dallas' as well.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
If Favre still wants to play football again next season after the season he has had, it may sound awful and I am a Favre fan, but if he still wants to play. He needs to seek a psychologist again. Seriously, he does the **** he pulled the last four offseasons of going back and forth, he will even lose me as a fan of his. And I might be one of the few he has at this point.
I think it was on NBC last night when Dungy and Harrison were arguing about whether or not Tarvaris Jackson give the Vikes a better chance to win. I actually had to stop and think about it, with how poorly Favre has played this year, it can't be much worse...

Old 11-22-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it was on NBC last night when Dungy and Harrison were arguing about whether or not Tarvaris Jackson give the Vikes a better chance to win. I actually had to stop and think about it, with how poorly Favre has played this year, it can't be much worse...
It doesn't even matter who gives them the best chance to win. One more loss and they are out of playoff contention. The season is already a failure. They should do to Favre what FSU did to Bobby Bowden. Force him to retire now. His streak lives on and the Vikings have six full games to see if Jackson has any future.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats not a bad idea at all. IF they had done this like a month ago and kept Moss who knows where they would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It doesn't even matter who gives them the best chance to win. One more loss and they are out of playoff contention. The season is already a failure. They should do to Favre what FSU did to Bobby Bowden. Force him to retire now. His streak lives on and the Vikings have six full games to see if Jackson has any future.
I agree honestly. If I were in charge, Jackson would be starting this week, because for all intents and purposes, playoffs are impossible. Get as much work for Jackson in now, so he can learn more and develop more, as well as having a large sample size of what to expect from him, and go from there with your QB situation.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly shocked it took this long. He lost the team two or three weeks ago.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree honestly. If I were in charge, Jackson would be starting this week, because for all intents and purposes, playoffs are impossible. Get as much work for Jackson in now, so he can learn more and develop more, as well as having a large sample size of what to expect from him, and go from there with your QB situation.
Agree. Although Jackson isnt going to all of a sudden be any good. They'll most likely have to draft someone and have him on the field by week 6. The only question with Jackson is can he hold down the fort for that long.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Agree. Although Jackson isnt going to all of a sudden be any good. They'll most likely have to draft someone and have him on the field by week 6. The only question with Jackson is can he hold down the fort for that long.
Until his contract runs out after this year unless he plays well enough to be resigned.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not advocating Chilly was a good coach by any means, but man did he get trolled by Favre.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm not advocating Chilly was a good coach by any means, but man did he get trolled by Favre.
I think we're all being trolled by Favre at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-22-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, last year Favre might have bought him some more time. Without him, playing T-Jax or picking up a rookie or something, they were maybe a .500 team, borderline playoff potential.

Favre put them over the top. Then this year, injuries and the o-line going to **** really tanked Favre and the Vikes.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
If you didn't expect this, you're a liar.
Stevie Wonder saw this one coming.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I think we're all being trolled by Favre at this point.
Favre is actually trolling himself.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care that much about the Vikings but I hope a few players I like (AD for instance) benefit from this change. I also really like Frazier (I wanted him as the Colts HC) and hope he does well. Congrats Vikings fans.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, Fraizer should be a good one. I would be surprised if he didn't end up sticking in Minnesota because there's a good chance someone else would pull the trigger on him if they don't. I can't remember a situation where two interim coaches had such a good chance of staying like we have going on right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-22-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, Fraizer should be a good one. I would be surprised if he didn't end up sticking in Minnesota because there's a good chance someone else would pull the trigger on him if they don't. I can't remember a situation where two interim coaches had such a good chance of staying like we have going on right now.
Frazier has interviewed for a lot of HC jobs and still hasn't gotten a chance which I always found strange. It will be interesting to see how he does. Maybe he just sucks in interviews.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now it's time to fire Favre.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sooooooooooooo happy
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should have kept Moss then, damn.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hellen Keller saw this one coming from the grave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Stevie Wonder saw this one coming.
Once again we operate under the same brain wave... STOP IT!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Well, last year Favre might have bought him some more time. Without him, playing T-Jax or picking up a rookie or something, they were maybe a .500 team, borderline playoff potential.

Favre put them over the top. Then this year, injuries and the o-line going to **** really tanked Favre and the Vikes.
Injuries? What injuries did they have that were any more substantial than most other teams at this point? Hell, Green Bay is doing fine and they've been railed by injuries. Throwing the rock to the other team 17 times and dumb coaching hurt more than any injury they've had

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Injuries? What injuries did they have that were any more substantial than most other teams at this point? Hell, Green Bay is doing fine and they've been railed by injuries. Throwing the rock to the other team 17 times and dumb coaching hurt more than any injury they've had
Favre has been playing like dog ****, but our starting corner and his backup, wide receiver, and center have missed significant time.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regardless of how Favre plays, we will not be seeing T-Jack this season. The only guy who thought that he was good is no longer making any decisions for the Vikings.

I imagine that the orginization will be doing their best to wipe out the bad decisions of the Chilly-era... with Jackson at the top of the list.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im so happy, im whistling zippity do da out of my asshole right now.

Will it save the season and fix everything?

No it wont.

But its a huge step in the right direction.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote