Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Im so happy, im whistling zippity do da out of my asshole right now.
Sigged.

[insert message here to lengthen the message to ten characters]
Old 11-22-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Sigged.

[insert message here to lengthen the message to ten characters]
but can you name the movie it is from? hmmmm? lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not an original quote? I'll keep it in the signature anyway, out of respect. And it fits, lol.

What movie?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Firstly... Yay. I just don't like Childress as a human and his playcalling was just so awful. He did some good things but I will not miss him...

Quote:
Frazier is a good coach that I think they'll want to play hard for.
I know none of us are privy to inside information or anything but on what basis is Frazier a good coach? He seems like a nice enough guy but the defense has consistently gotten worse each year he has been here to the point where it is distinctly mediocre at this point. Most concerning is that the secondary has gotten considerably worse under his watch, the secondary being his speciality. Honestly, our secondary is close to the worst in the league.

As I said, seems like a nice guy but has done absolutely nothing as a coach that gives me any confidence in his ability. He is pretty much like a DC version of Lovie Smith. Sit there doing the exact same thing over and over again looking stunned that it isn't working. Doesn't make adjustments or changes just stubbornly sticks to the same thing.

I can't help but feel like Childress got himself in this position by overachieving last year on that back of Favre playing nothing like Favre. Now that Favre is playing like Favre again we look woeful. But teams who don't have their best WR all year and have poor OL play should not expect sustained success and our OL has been poor for a good 4 years now and we really haven't done anything to address the problems.

It also feels like the Dallas situation where the defense has become very poor this year and now the guy in charge of that is getting the head coaching job. Will be interesting to see if Frazier approaches it like Garrett and basically totally changes how he does things on his side and whether it was Childress that was handcuffing the defense or not.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.tourist2townie.com/storag...=1263916928433
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its from Vacation. BOOOOOOOOOOM!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i beat you to it... but my picture posting skills fail me again. :(
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Firstly... Yay. I just don't like Childress as a human and his playcalling was just so awful. He did some good things but I will not miss him...

I know none of us are privy to inside information or anything but on what basis is Frazier a good coach? He seems like a nice enough guy but the defense has consistently gotten worse each year he has been here to the point where it is distinctly mediocre at this point. Most concerning is that the secondary has gotten considerably worse under his watch, the secondary being his speciality. Honestly, our secondary is close to the worst in the league.

As I said, seems like a nice guy but has done absolutely nothing as a coach that gives me any confidence in his ability. He is pretty much like a DC version of Lovie Smith. Sit there doing the exact same thing over and over again looking stunned that it isn't working. Doesn't make adjustments or changes just stubbornly sticks to the same thing.

I can't help but feel like Childress got himself in this position by overachieving last year on that back of Favre playing nothing like Favre. Now that Favre is playing like Favre again we look woeful. But teams who don't have their best WR all year and have poor OL play should not expect sustained success and our OL has been poor for a good 4 years now and we really haven't done anything to address the problems.

It also feels like the Dallas situation where the defense has become very poor this year and now the guy in charge of that is getting the head coaching job. Will be interesting to see if Frazier approaches it like Garrett and basically totally changes how he does things on his side and whether it was Childress that was handcuffing the defense or not.
That's because people see black Minnesota defensive coordinator and automatically assume he's Tony Dungy and Mike Tomlin rolled into one.

Like you said, the defense has gotten consistently worse every year he's been running it. And he's interviewed for multiple head coaching jobs and been turned down. There's also the fact that Wilf waited until this long to make the move, despite it being obvious that Childress had completely lost the team.

Something doesn't add up. The Vikings, free from the wrath of Chilly, will probably stop feeling sorry for themselves and win a couple games. I'm interested in seeing how this all turns out.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 11-22-2010 at 08:50 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Tomlin... still hurts we let him go! Now he could coach a defense!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
That's because people see black Minnesota defensive coordinator and automatically assume he's Tony Dungy and Mike Tomlin combined into one.
LOL, nice.

Favre's getting the start against the Redskins. I'm not surprised. If Favre can't play well against that decimated secondary, he's even worse than I thought.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
LOL, nice.

Favre's getting the start against the Redskins. I'm not surprised. If Favre can't play well against that decimated secondary, he's even worse than I thought.
I'm the least racist person you'll ever meet, but I can already see those dots getting connected.

Firing Childress and seeing if you have something with Frazier is the correct move, but I have doubts that he's all he's cracked up to be.

Like I said, the Vikings will probably reel off a few wins now that they've stopped feeling sorry for themselves, but I'm doubtful about him as a long term answer.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it sucks that Childress is unemployed, because now the children aren't safe.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
it sucks that Childress is unemployed, because now the children aren't safe.

He was a real, real bad man in The Lovely Bones.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
+rep to you sir
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're a coach on the hot seat, I would not recommend playing the Packers this year. Mike Singletary, you're next!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote