Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Most overrated player on your favorite team: 2010 edition

Since we have a thread telling us who we're missing on other teams, here's a thread to set everyone straight on why somebody isn't actually that good. There's an old version of this thread but it's from May of 09 and this stuff changes from year to year.

For the Colts I'll nominate Gary Brackett. It's funny because for several years he was so underrated that all people would talk about is how underrated he is. So now it's gone too far in the other direction. He has battled injuries but this year when he's been in the game he's been a bad tackler, slower in coverage, and the defense as a whole isn't as sharp. As captain of the D that partially falls on him. I've never liked him that much because overachievers eventually come back to earth and I figured it was only a matter of time. I don't think it will take long for Pat Angerer to take his spot as starter.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'd go with Brian Waters. He is thought of (by a lot of Chiefs fans) as the best OL we have, but he has been constantly beat and looked lost out there. Asamoah is the future and may be ready to take over for him now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahmad Brooks

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not many people on the 49ers are overrated. Before this weekend it was probably Troy Smith by default but I guess I will say Aubrayo Franklin. He was very good last year and hasn't been bad this year but is a complete product of Justin Smith's dominance, imo.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyvon Branch.

He's still living off his reputation as a good player from last year. He's been a liability all year, and that's putting it kindly.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

troy polamalu and hines ward

both are great players, but notoriously overrated by most steeler fans...especially ward. ward is a great slot receiver and move the chains kind of guy but he held out in 05 and wanted top 5 WR money and never once produced like a top 5 WR.

i hate criticizing troy in public places, you get hanged for that. hes too much a fan favorite. dont get me wrong, hes a great SS, but he could really do things alot better in some areas and he cant stay healthy because he trains like a figure skater during the offseason and does yoga with carrots and celery up his ass. couple that with his small size and torpedo style of play you get injuries
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In this order.

1A. DJ Williams
1B. Brian Dawkins

At the rate Dawk is playing, he will soon be 1A. I have never intently followed DJ, but I think most super observant Broncos fans will agree that he has a severe problem shedding blocks and stopping runs for losses. He collects all his tackles 5 yards or more down field, which is not impressive. He has lost the explosion he once had as a rookie. Too bad we ****ed around with him at every position in the world, he could have been all-pro had he stuck to one position and mastered it (aka his original position) his 90 madden rating must be a product of the fact that he collects all his tackles by default, since we have the worst front 7 in football.

Last edited by Jimmy : 11-23-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rashean Mathis, although nobody really thinks he's that good anymore. He had two years where he was a top five corner and then came crashing back down to earth.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one, not a blessed soul. The defense is a bunch of no names with Phillips and Jammer standing out and playing well.

The offense is Rivers and his merry band of injury substitutes. I guess Dielman is kind of having a down year by his standards.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Many opposing fans still seem to think Marion Barber is actually good. He'd be a good candidate for most overrated player for us...although, most Cowboys fans agree that he is pretty terrible these days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-23-2010 at 03:15 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Cribbs :\
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
No one, not a blessed soul. The defense is a bunch of no names with Phillips and Jammer standing out and playing well.

The offense is Rivers and his merry band of injury substitutes. I guess Dielman is kind of having a down year by his standards.
I'd go with Eric Weddle. The perception with the media and fans outside of SD is that he's an okay player.

But he is far, far, far from okay.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
mario
Rookie

mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mario is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan Gross

Great RT. Had a decent season a few years ago playing LT for first time, after that....mehh

Twitter @mario_clp
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre and McKinnie and even Jared Allen. All three have been pretty terrible this year. Goes along with the season but thank god for yesterday.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think some would think Jenkins is overrated but I don't think it's a secret what type of year he had. Had a good season then a down year.

It's actually a tough pick because I feel like most of the guys on our team who are trash most know it now. But I'd have to go with Bradie James. There are some people who think he's a good player for some reason but he's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PAINS me to say this, absolutely kills me to, but Wes Welker. He is not the same receiver with the types of coverages being played on him and it really hurts because we need that level of production out of him.

Aaron Hernandez is also a little overrated at this point since becoming a fantasy football star. He has hurt this team with drops as much as he has helped them this year at times. He'll get there, but his statistics are much better than he actually is at this point and we're starting to go away from him on offense a bit as a result.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from the painstakingly obvious (Favre), I'd have to go with McKinnie. That is if we are talking about the media, because everyone here knows McKinnie is barely average.

As far as SWDCers, I guess I'd have to say Berrian. That being when they discuss our team and say "they need to get Bernard Berrian going" as if its possible.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I nominate the entire Ravens defense (minus Ray Lewis, Ngata, and Ed Reed)?

Ravens don't have that dominate scary defense anymore. We lost too many players on the D line, the corners are just okay at best, Suggs is the only pass rusher, and the scheme is just awful. No pressure, weaker against the run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Grubbs
Oher (as a LT, not as a RT)
Kelly Gregg (this year, in the past he was underrated)
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I guess I'd go with Brian Waters. He is thought of (by a lot of Chiefs fans) as the best OL we have, but he has been constantly beat and looked lost out there. Asamoah is the future and may be ready to take over for him now.
completely disagree.it has to be Chris Chambers.don't know what happened but he has been captain invisible this year
Old 11-23-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think some would think Jenkins is overrated but I don't think it's a secret what type of year he had. Had a good season then a down year.

It's actually a tough pick because I feel like most of the guys on our team who are trash most know it now. But I'd have to go with Bradie James. There are some people who think he's a good player for some reason but he's not.
Bradie James has actually played really well this year, in a **** defense. I actually put him down as our most underrated player, no joke. The amount of hate he gets is ridiculous. And the guy has quietly put together a fine season. He's given up a few big play here or there...but the guy should never be out there on an island in coverage. And for whatever reason...we've been manning he and Brooking up on TEs, even when they're in the slot...which is beyond stupid. He's been a solid starter for us, for about 7 years now. He doesnt miss time and he always plays hard. Bradie has been all over the field this year...I've def. taken notice, he's playing faster and is on pace for a career high in tackles. Bradie is just a solid ILB, who doesnt really get all that much credit, even when he's playing good football.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-23-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offensive line.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Falcons I'll say Tony Gonzalez. He's not the top 5 tight end he has been in previous seasons. He has lost a step, and (gasp) has even dropped several easy balls this season. I love the man and hope he is just in a slump.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The offensive line.
You want to swap offensive lines? Stop your bitching. ;)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-23-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barret Ruud is ridiculously overrated. He used to be good, but now he is pretty turrible and people still think hes good
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote